Sikh Girls Covering there Face While Driving

singhmankaran

do you even know why Guru Amar Das Ji rejected the veil covering of a woman's face? because the veil covering supressed the personality of a woman and reflected her inferior status.. such is depicted in the culture of the Islam religion.. Sikhi doesnt recognize that.. Sikhi treats women and men with equality. but as MehtabSingh's hilarious examples proved, it is perfectly okay for the woman to wear googles and cover face while driving scooter .. after all she has to protect her eyes and skin.. its practical health reasons..

Btw what has riding a scooter by a bibi has anything to do with rehat and maryada?

Some consider it not befitting a female to sit astride such a vehicle. :biggrin2: But I have seen, up-close, a few individuals remark that Sikh sisters and wives shouldn't be allowed out of the house unaccompanied for any reason; these opinions are from what the pious youngsters these days would terms as "hardcore Singhs".

do you even know why Guru Amar Das Ji rejected the veil covering of a woman's face? because the veil covering supressed the personality of a woman and reflected her inferior status.. such is depicted in the culture of the Islam religion.. Sikhi doesnt recognize that.. Sikhi treats women and men with equality. but as MehtabSingh's hilarious examples proved, it is perfectly okay for the woman to wear googles and cover face while driving scooter .. after all she has to protect her eyes and skin.. its practical health reasons..

The sad thing is the more I encounter Sikhs the more I'm beginning to realise this isn't true at all. Sikhi may espouse equality, but "Sikhs" do not. A handful of positive examples out of a potential cast of millions does not equate to equality. One swallow doesn't make a summer.

Fairness between the sexes is an on-going process which proceeds and develops over the course of generations. We haven't even started the process. But I'd also be remiss to lay the blame entirely at the door of males. Time and time again I've seen occasions when Sikh females are given a certain degree of freedom to behave and conduct themselves as they wish, and they abuse this freedom because they simply cannot handle it. So they ruin it for the others who perhaps HAVE got the intelligence to conduct themselves wisely, but aren't given an opportunity to do so. Although, you could argue females shouldn't have to be "given an opportunity" in the first place. But anyway this is OT and has nothing to do with scooters and bibis.

In conclusion, let a bibi ride a scooter if she wants to. If she wishes to cover her face whilst riding said scooter then fair play to her. There!

Guest please

When we go india, some of us girls ride a scooter, or sit behind one or something, because the purpose of it is to get somewhere. We use it as transport, not for our own pleasure or to distract guys. This is the most ridiculous statement I have ever heard. Shouldn't girls exercise in the gym, because guys might look :O why blame girls when it is the guys fault, they shouldn't be looking in the first place, and finally, if girls don't put on any display and do anything intentionally, then girls are not wrong for doing daily activities and so forth, it is the guys, and what I think and believe is that ifa guy looks at a girl/singhni then god will punish the guy, why are we getting so heated up about it. - just don't wink back at the guy lol and you will fine.

We girls could say so much to blame guys, just to go over the top, such as, singhs shouldn't do this, or that, or shouldn't try and look smart/handsome, shouldn't smile, shouldn't work out because it might distract us singhnis....I really do not understand the point of such argument. The next thing people wil l say is girls shouldn't try and look nice/pretty just because it makes it harder for guys to concentrate when driving/! oh my dayz.

Lol @Mehtab, baskaro. Pela eh daso, OP kudia val kio vekda scooter chalondi nu?

Akhan band karke na sarak te jana, nai tho gol gappe di rehree ch oops hojana.

Galt gl hai aa.....Kurhiya nu Darr ke nahi jeena chahida..I think we should look at western Countries There Thinking is Far Above from Us and we are Still living in Ancient World....If Girls Wear Naqab just for Fear from Boys I don't consider it Correct...........Nowadays even Baptized Girls are wearing this Naqab thing one should Follow the Rules as said by Guru's and Skin and Complexion affects boys as well I have'nt seen Majority Boys wearing Rumaal...But the way Girls dress these days it looks like Talibani Dressing Sense....

Some consider it not befitting a female to sit astride such a vehicle. :biggrin2: But I have seen, up-close, a few individuals remark that Sikh sisters and wives shouldn't be allowed out of the house unaccompanied for any reason; these opinions are from what the pious youngsters these days would terms as "hardcore Singhs". The sad thing is the more I encounter Sikhs the more I'm beginning to realise this isn't true at all. Sikhi may espouse equality, but "Sikhs" do not. A handful of positive examples out of a potential cast of millions does not equate to equality. One swallow doesn't make a summer. Fairness between the sexes is an on-going process which proceeds and develops over the course of generations. We haven't even started the process. But I'd also be remiss to lay the blame entirely at the door of males. Time and time again I've seen occasions when Sikh females are given a certain degree of freedom to behave and conduct themselves as they wish, and they abuse this freedom because they simply cannot handle it. So they ruin it for the others who perhaps HAVE got the intelligence to conduct themselves wisely, but aren't given an opportunity to do so. Although, you could argue females shouldn't have to be "given an opportunity" in the first place. But anyway this is OT and has nothing to do with scooters and bibis. In conclusion, let a bibi ride a scooter if she wants to. If she wishes to cover her face whilst riding said scooter then fair play to her. There!

Sorry going out of topic but want to say this....

Awesome thinking :) kaljugi :)

U know what inspite of all the equalities we talk about. ..... We know that loopholes r there

Being a female I accept that we r not equal to males n datz the truth....we r not....

Bcoz these differences r created by that divine power who made the world. ....

U said bcoz some females misuse their freedom dats y others who can use them in efficient manner do not get.... Same is the case with males.....even males misuse their freedom... But still all males have their freedom to do what they like....

Its the female body which makes her weak.... N even I sometimes think y there was partiality from almighty...if he wished he could have given mmuch more strength to women as compared to what she has today.....

I personally never faced these issue which made me low being female but when I look at other girls who suffers from discrimination...I feel bad..

But I don't knw people will believe or not...but when I think that my Guru is with me...there is some tremendous amount of energy which vibrates in me...which increases my strenght to max..n at that point of tym I feel that...my Guru is so powerful that his thought makes me a warrior....

Guru is a fantastic gift given to us by akal purakh..being born as his Sikhs....inspite of being queen...makes me to live a life of king......

je satgur pyara mere naal hai :)

Sorry going out of topic but want to say this....

Awesome thinking :) kaljugi :)

U know what inspite of all the equalities we talk about. ..... We know that loopholes r there

Being a female I accept that we r not equal to males n datz the truth....we r not....

Bcoz these differences r created by that divine power who made the world. ....

U said bcoz some females misuse their freedom dats y others who can use them in efficient manner do not get.... Same is the case with males.....even males misuse their freedom... But still all males have their freedom to do what they like....

Its the female body which makes her weak.... N even I sometimes think y there was partiality from almighty...if he wished he could have given mmuch more strength to women as compared to what she has today.....

I personally never faced these issue which made me low being female but when I look at other girls who suffers from discrimination...I feel bad..

But I don't knw people will believe or not...but when I think that my Guru is with me...there is some tremendous amount of energy which vibrates in me...which increases my strenght to max..n at that point of tym I feel that...my Guru is so powerful that his thought makes me a warrior....

Guru is a fantastic gift given to us by akal purakh..being born as his Sikhs....inspite of being queen...makes me to live a life of king......

je satgur pyara mere naal hai :)

BHENJI DAAS WANTED TO TELL U THAT THE ORIGNAL SHABAD READS AS FOLLOWS

SO SATGUR PYAARA MERE NAAL HAI