I want to cut my hair

Guest jaspal

Guest jaspal

I have worn a turban alll my life and have hated most of it. I find as though it gets in the way of my every day life such when playing sports it tends to fall off my head and if I do have it tight on my head I tend to feel dizzy and in unable to play team sports properly such as rugby and football which makes my teammates very pissed with me and has also led my to failing to get onto the school team. I live in community in which I have people pointing and staring at me ,and calling me names like "rag head" or sly comments like "I have your head gets better" or even when I wear my patka people on the street call me "pirate". I am suffering from depression and social anxiety in which has lead me to having no friends. I am often extremely angry with my life and often think 'why me' , why have I been made to wear a turban against my own free will, isn't it violating my human rights that I have to wear thus thing on my head to please my dads wishes and not be my self. I'm currently 15 years old and don't beleive in religon at all (I personally think that its all garbage). for these reasons I want to cut my hair I personally know that I will fit into society better with my hair cut. but don't post anything about the gurus and sikhism in response to this post because i allready know anout it all. do you really think that god woild be pissed off about me cutting my hair, do you really think that god would care about such a petty thing. the main reason why I am posting this is because I don't know how I would ask my dad for permission to cut my hair and my mum is the only sane person in my family because she is the one that will let me do it I've asked her and she said yes but I need to ask my dad if its ok for me to do so.

Guest Guest

If you don't care about religion and you think it's all garbage, why do you care what God thinks?

If you know about Sikhi, you know what Maharaaj wants from us. If you can't accept the natural form God has given you, how can you accept God?

I'm sorry about your bad experiences. With regards to your pagg in sports, you need to change your turban style. I've been playing sports all my life and never had a problem. Or tie a patka.

You're a lad. You need to learn to get over nasty comments... if you let these comments get to you, you're going to struggle throughout your life. More so than you're doing now.

You need to find a practical turban style that makea you feel confident about yourself. And you need to be proud regardless of what people say. It's all about confidence.

Again, you say you know about sikhi, but if you think kesh is just a petty thing, I'd suggest that you don't understand as much as you think you do.

If you really think sikhi is rubbish, then there's no point in wearing a turban. But my advice is, give Sikhi a chance. Change your dastar style to something more practical and get some sikh friends to help inspire you. Also, whether it's sikhi related or not, NEVER let people's nasty comments make decisions for you. Man up and don't fall into the trap of following other people like a sheep just because you get called names. I've been called every name under the sun and now I'm a successful lawyer who plays sports and wears a turban. Give sikhi a chance. It's beautiful. You just don't realise it yet.

Best of luck.

Have you read our history !! because if you had you would not say what you do , Read about our Shaheed's Bhai Taru Singh JI, Bhai Mati Das ji, Bhai Mani Singh JI, 4 Shabizade etc.

Man up anyone who call you a rag head etc give them a slap once you knock a few of these cowards out no one will mess with you again!!

Dont you dare say (I personally think that its all garbage) because thats what you will become if you keep thinking this way !!

first of all i will not be be saying anything to you....................

just look in the eyes of dashmesh pitaji and ask yourself , guruji sacrificed all thier 4 sons four you........... he sacrificed everything for u.................... and now dicide yourself by luking in eyes of pitaji and decide urself....................... what u gonna give in returnn......

post-34702-0-71688200-1364291881_thumb.j

I'm a girl. Wasn't so lucky as to have been born into a kes keeping household. But Maharaj's kirpa I found the path. That kes and dastar which you hate so much is what I fought to keep.

Everyone was against me. There was violence and family disowned me. Even today, people are not cool with it and make snidy comments.

Look at yourself. I find it hard to believe there are people who don't see Guru's blessing... if it were petty, nothing to care about, worth giving up, why would there be a history of Sikhs from the past till this day that fight to keep their hair and dastaara?

Also, sports isn't a problem. Tie a different style.

I'm a girl. Wasn't so lucky as to have been born into a kes keeping household. But Maharaj's kirpa I found the path. That kes and dastar which you hate so much is what I fought to keep.Everyone was against me. There was violence and family disowned me. Even today, people are not cool with it and make snidy comments.Look at yourself. I find it hard to believe there are people who don't see Guru's blessing... if it were petty, nothing to care about, worth giving up, why would there be a history of Sikhs from the past till this day that fight to keep their hair and dastaara?Also, sports isn't a problem. Tie a different style.

Hey sis..

Ur post motived me....I want to keep dastar...my family is just against it.......

But I want to....my father causes trouble for me inspite of being sikh....can u PM me some ways where I can get into keeping my rehet fully with dastar.....how did u do it? Can u share??