Can Amritdhari Eat Food From co-workers who are Indian

Guest 2meramain13

Guest 2meramain13

I work in IT Field and lots of my coworkers are indian and they are always bring food from home and insist for me to eat what they have bring ... I have been nicely saying no ..but now some of my coworkers who are pure Vigetarian and they don't eat meat or eggs .. and they are asking me take a little .. Can I eat from them.. I feel bad for keep saying NO to everything they are bringing .. What are your guys thoughts

if i were u i would think about urself, not try to please everybody. If u dont want to eat from them explain to them reason politely, i am sure they will understand. tell them exactly, why and dont hide the reasons why u say no. they will appreciate it more and understand if u tell them rather than having to hide it everytime. Why should u hide being Amritdhari and wat u feel so strongly about that comes with it once u become Amritdhari. but another Amritdhari will be able to advise u more on this. its simple what if they next say to u, khuh ch shaal maar, oh v karulge?

Guest 2meramain13

I have told them that i am amritdhari and i don't eat out ...these people are " pure Vigetarian" .. I want to be nice and friendly with coworkers .. put good image of Sikhs.. not them to think that i am arrogant.. disrespectful ..

Its about jootha. You cannot eat jootha and cannot give jootha to somebody for eating.

This is my perception

That's precisely what I would assume. It's about jooth and jootha.

But if someone offers you some rice, roti or sandwich from utensils that are clean and not eaten out of then is it wrong to accept ?

For some it may still be and some won't mind taking a roti or having a soocha sample of something.

However, If you feel uncomfortable, then you should decline kindly and state that you bought enough of your own and that you intend to finsh it and not leave any jooth !

That's precisely what I would assume. It's about jooth and jootha.

But if someone offers you some rice, roti or sandwich from utensils that are clean and not eaten out of then is it wrong to accept ?

For some it may still be and some won't mind taking a roti or having a soocha sample of something.

However, If you feel uncomfortable, then you should decline kindly and state that you bought enough of your own and that you intend to finsh it and not leave any jooth !

ਮਃ ੧ ॥
Ma 1 ||
ਸਭੋ ਸੂਤਕੁ ਭਰਮੁ ਹੈ ਦੂਜੈ ਲਗੈ ਜਾਇ ॥
Sabho Soothak Bharam Hai Dhoojai Lagai Jaae ||
All impurity comes from doubt and attachment to duality.
ਜੰਮਣੁ ਮਰਣਾ ਹੁਕਮੁ ਹੈ ਭਾਣੈ ਆਵੈ ਜਾਇ ॥
Janman Maranaa Hukam Hai Bhaanai Aavai Jaae ||
Birth and death are subject to the Command of the Lord's Will; through His Will we come and go.
ਖਾਣਾ ਪੀਣਾ ਪਵਿਤ੍ਰੁ ਹੈ ਦਿਤੋਨੁ ਰਿਜਕੁ ਸੰਬਾਹਿ ॥
Khaanaa Peenaa Pavithra Hai Dhithon Rijak Sanbaahi ||
Eating and drinking are pure, since the Lord gives nourishment to all.
ਨਾਨਕ ਜਿਨ੍ਹ੍ਹੀ ਗੁਰਮੁਖਿ ਬੁਝਿਆ ਤਿਨ੍ਹ੍ਹਾ ਸੂਤਕੁ ਨਾਹਿ ॥੩॥
Naanak Jinhee Guramukh Bujhiaa Thinhaa Soothak Naahi ||3||
O Nanak, the Gurmukhs, who understand the Lord, are not stained by impurity. ||3||

I think it depends on your rehet

People try to follow Guru Sahib ji's hukam as much as they can. Some start by being veg, only eating from Amrit dharis, Sarab loh bibek etc.

You willl have to answer this question yourself. Even I had troubles saying no to my manmukh frnds, but then u hav to get it right for urself. Like we hav been pleasing the world for SO MANY LIVES!!! Now is the time to please God