SADA HAQ MOVIE BANNED AGIAN

Gurkukar

I agree 100% with N30Singh. The ban helped the movie more and brought more awareness to people. Release it on the DVD in a few months, make it available for rent on netflix,upload it @ 1080p on youtube( or possibly rent thru youtube initially). Its already a superhit.

This film teaches us one thing. Its very easy to follow the crowd. But hard to make it follow you.

You know wats really annoying?! its a 15 rated film!!!!!!!!!! thats not fair because i went to the Feltham, london UK cinema and the stupid lady wouldnt let me in!! she is just like oh you are underaged!! not fair. :angry2:

anybody know when it will be on TV or released on DVD?

btw, they had security on every showing room so I couldnt just walk in like other cinemas :(

You know wats really annoying?! its a 15 rated film!!!!!!!!!! thats not fair because i went to the Feltham, london UK cinema and the stupid lady wouldnt let me in!! she is just like oh you are underaged!! not fair. :angry2:

anybody know when it will be on TV or released on DVD?

btw, they had security on every showing room so I couldnt just walk in like other cinemas :(

I guess you don't have a dharha yet? Unlucky bro.

To me it does not look like that. Why should he be asked about this especially when film had cleared censor board.

It looks like that interview is recent. Nobody knew much about this picture before the ban was clamped.

Initially the film was denied the certification by both the Censor Board and the Censor Board Review Committee However, the CBCF gave the clearance to the film only after a favourable decision was given by the Film Certification Appellate Tribunal .

(Makkar sent his recommendation at some level). After the hearing the, Appellate Tribunal recommended to the Censor Board (CBFC ) that the film be cleared with “U” certification. So the Censor Board complied, removed the previous refusal, and issued the certification to the film. This happened about the first week of the February. When the Censor Board issued the certification, Makkar made a big deal of his having given the recommendation and went on to take credit of how he helped in getting the film cleared by the Censor Board. Then he went on to give Siropa to the producers and the director of the film. The pictures of that appeared ion pages of newspapers. It seems that Sirsa Sahib did not want to miss the opportunity either. . The video concerned seemed to have been shot during those days. If the video was posted on You tube on April 11, 2013, that does not mean that it was shot after April 5, 2013. The video seem to have been shot weeks before April 5,. He clearly is praising SGPC and Makkar for their role where as after April 5 Makkar had started to say that he made a big mistake.

It looks like that interview is recent. Nobody knew much about this picture before the ban was clamped.

Nobody knew much about this picture before the ban was clamped ?

Film has been in news for about 6 months.

It was denied the certification (second time) by the Censor Board Review Committee sometime at the end of November 2012. SGPC gave the recommendation in December 2012. The film received the certification after a long struggle on (or about) February 2, 2013. In February Producers started to book the cinema Halls for showing the film for release on April 5 2013. They started to promote the film. Videos of some songs promoting the film were put on U Tube. After seeing the promotional songs Shiv Sena stared its campaign against it .It would be sometime in March. Later BJP and some Congress leaders ( especially the congress MP Bittu) joined the campaign to have it banned before it was to be released.

This is posted on youtube on April 11, 2013 and all comments are 5 to 7 hours old. Moreover he talks in past tense when saying " ih picture sikhan te jiadtian ujagar kardi si" Had the picture not been banned he would not have given this interview.

When the picture was finally cleared by the Censor board on / about February 2, 2013 the " ih picture sikhan te jiadtian ujagar kardi si -----------------" was the main topic in news and on some news channels.

Video being posted on You tube on April 11, 2013, that does not mean that it could not have been shot before April 5, 2013 - perhaps a month or so before April 5, 2013.

Initially the film was denied the certification by both the Censor Board and the Censor Board Review Committee However, the CBCF gave the clearance to the film only after a favourable decision was given by the Film Certification Appellate Tribunal .

(Makkar sent his recommendation at some level). After the hearing the, Appellate Tribunal recommended to the Censor Board (CBFC ) that the film be cleared with “U” certification. So the Censor Board complied, removed the previous refusal, and issued the certification to the film. This happened about the first week of the February. When the Censor Board issued the certification, Makkar made a big deal of his having given the recommendation and went on to take credit of how he helped in getting the film cleared by the Censor Board. Then he went on to give Siropa to the producers and the director of the film. The pictures of that appeared ion pages of newspapers. It seems that Sirsa Sahib did not want to miss the opportunity either. . The video concerned seemed to have been shot during those days. If the video was posted on You tube on April 11, 2013, that does not mean that it was shot after April 5, 2013. The video seem to have been shot weeks before April 5,. He clearly is praising SGPC and Makkar for their role where as after April 5 Makkar had started to say that he made a big mistake.

Nobody knew much about this picture before the ban was clamped ?

Film has been in news for about 6 months.

It was denied the certification (second time) by the Censor Board Review Committee sometime at the end of November 2012. SGPC gave the recommendation in December 2012. The film received the certification after a long struggle on (or about) February 2, 2013. In February Producers started to book the cinema Halls for showing the film for release on April 5 2013. They started to promote the film. Videos of some songs promoting the film were put on U Tube. After seeing the promotional songs Shiv Sena stared its campaign against it .It would be sometime in March. Later BJP and some Congress leaders ( especially the congress MP Bittu) joined the campaign to have it banned before it was to be released.

When the picture was finally cleared by the Censor board on / about February 2, 2013 the " ih picture sikhan te jiadtian ujagar kardi si -----------------" was the main topic in news and on some news channels.

Video being posted on You tube on April 11, 2013, that does not mean that it could not have been shot before April 5, 2013 - perhaps a month or so before April 5, 2013.

The news clip was from Punjabspectrum website and says that this interview was very recent. It is obvious Manjinder singh Sirsa will not be knowing what was the film about when they were facing censorship problems.

The news clip was from Punjabspectrum website and says that this interview was very recent. It is obvious Manjinder singh Sirsa will not be knowing what was the film about when they were facing censorship problems.

It is obvious Manjinder singh Sirsa will not be knowing what was the film about when they were facing censorship problems.

When in November 2012, the Censor board denied the certification, that time in several interviews, the producers did mention what the film was about . So there was no secret of what the film was about. Also Makkar as President of SGPC constituted a committee of Akalis to view the screening of the film. I understand that Several important Akalis viewed it. Also, according to Jathedar Panjoli, a special screening of the film was held in the auditorium of Baba Banda Singh Bahadur Engineering College, Fatehgarh Sahib. was held for the select few Akalis. ((BBSBEC is run by SPGC). It was done in December 2012. It was after the report from these viewers that Makkar gave the recommendation. It is highly unlikely that the General Secretary of DGMC would not have come to know why the President of SGPC has recommended the film.

In Feruary 2013 when the film received the clearance, it was openly talked about in news what the film was about . Makkar was gloating in pleasure that he gave the recommendation. Other Akalis also wanted to be included in the pictures being taken. It is very unlikely that Sirsa Sahib would not have known what glory Makkar and other Akalis are basking in. In February it became an open secret and almost every body knew what the film was about (except Parkash Singh Badal, of course).

The news clip was from Punjabspectrum website and says that this interview was very recen

Where does the PunjabSpectrum website say that it is more recent video? I could not see that on their website. If member GPS has contacted someone at Punjab Spectrum to find out when the video was recorded, can he share with us whom he contacted at the Punjab Spectrum?

Member GPS seem to have great respect for Sirsa Sahib.. This has become quite evident by his endavour to prove that what Sirsa Sahib has said in the video is post April 5, 2013 material. Good on him. I respect his views and I appreciate his commenting on what I posted. Good luck and best wishes to him.