SADA HAQ MOVIE BANNED AGIAN

Gurkukar

Well the guy has done which no average Sikh ( mona or otherwise) has done. So please stop criticizing him for this. We need to support him

I do support him! I think he's done great work, and I hope we continue to see more of him in the future.

I'm not criticizing him. I'm just making an observation and noting that it's sad that some of our best, brightest and most passionate for some reason still have issues with the traditional Sikh appearance. But I guess we all know which way the wind is blowing.

Why sant samaj and all other "Sants" not supporting this movie? I guess it is easy to talk about Piri than Miri for these so called Sants.

True, sants should speak up. But most importantly where are the kala afghanists and missionaries who act like panthic police otherwise, why are they silent now?

Silence from the SGPC, Sant Samaj, Takht Jathedhars. It just goes to show they cannot carry out any actions without Delhi's permission.

Sadda Haq’ producer slams SGPC over ban
Tribune News Service

Chandigarh/Amritsar, April 6
Punjabi movie 'Sadda Haq' producer Kuljinder Singh Sidhu today slammed the SGPC over its silence regarding the ban imposed by the state government on the film, stating that the SGPC “has stabbed them in the back”.

Earlier, the premiere Sikh organisation had come out in support of the filmmaker when the film ran into rough weather with the Censor Board of Film Certification (CBFC) last year. However, the SGPC was left embarrassed when the state government banned the movie’s screening on April 4. Sidhu will meet the Akal Takht Jathedar tomorrow to seek his support to get the ban on the film’s screening lifted.

Talking to The Tribune, Sidhu said: “SGPC president Avtar Singh Makkar had strongly supported us in the past. He even appreciated the movie and felicitated us stating that we've made the community proud by portraying the right picture. Now, the SGPC is hesitant to ask its own government for the film’s release. We are disappointed with this approach”.

He said an SGPC panel had seen the movie, after which Makkar had said that the film didn’t pose any threat to communal harmony and law and order. He alleged those “who are getting exposed in the movie are hampering its release”.

Meanwhile, the SGPC is trying to distance itself from the issue, which was evident with the SGPC Chief Avtar Singh Makkar refusing to comment on issue. Earlier, the censor board had termed 20 scenes and dialogues in the movie as “objectionable”. The film was finally approved for release on April 5 after the Film Certification Appellate Tribunal gave a green signal to it.

What does he say about the forum, sorry I don't have the patience to listen to him.

Probably an inflammatory comment. This is the same guy who labelled Sikhi as being a hotch-potch of Islam and Hinduism. He later apologised. A light apology after a heavy blow. Maybe the media does not research before opening its maw.

Probably label me as an extremist who hates free speech. Sorry mate hate people with a big maw.

Why is Kuljinder Sidhu sitting there without a pag on his head?

I'm glad he made the film and it doesn't take away from his work. But it's puzzling and sad that people who obviously care deeply for the Sikh quam somehow cannot bring themselves to wear turbans and look like proper Sikhs.

Kuljinder Sidhu is younger brother of Bhai Arvinder Singh Goldy . Some time ago, in an interview Kuljinder Sidhu mentioned for most of his young life he was a keshdhari and did his nitname daily He was very much affected by his elder brother's murder by the security forces. Later on he became alienated from the Sikh society. He did not want to go into why he got that way.

One of the latest interviews with his mother

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=TNfUlcAZYC8

(My speculation is that one of the reasons,though not the major one , in taking the decision by the Punjab authorities to ban the film may be for his being brother of Shaheed Bhai Goldy. -- just a speculation)