guru sahib at someones house

Guest confused

Guest confused

someone emailed me this: what should they do?

I need some advice. basically my grandfather is amritdhari and has parkash of guru sahib in a room in his house. the thing is that in the same house lives his son (his son's newly married wife has just moved there aswell) and he eats meat and drinks alcohol. they keep the meat and alcohol in the house. guru sahib has been parkash there for i think over 20 years, and his son has always been drinking sharaab and meat eating.

I know that my grandad does not see it as beadbi from some of the things he has said. I also know that the son will never give up alcohol and meat - he is a total atheist and very gorafied.

I really dont't know what to do... it would kill my grandad not to have guru sahib parkash (and believe me it wouldnt work to try to explain to him that its beadbi).. however i cant go on with this guilt any longer. the problem is that i know that the only real happiness and releif my grandad gets is from guru sahib being parkash. Please do ardas for this situatuon to be resolved. please give me some advice.

I find that there are many cases of this situation, mainly in UK.

However, most of these also seem to descendents from Africa and mainly ramgharias. This is probably because most the descendents from africa are ramgharias and they must have had this as the 'NORM' back there ?????

They don't see it or percept it as beadbi in any way, except that one should not touch or read from the Guru Sahib if they have eaten meat or drank earlier in the day !!!

Personally, I never understood these guys and to me it is more than disrespect and beadbi, it should just NOT be allowed, no excuses or IF's and But's.

IF the household and members are not pavitar or clean, then GuruSahibji should NOT be kept at all.

I'm not saying they have to be amritdhari but many people stay clean and pavitar as sehjdhari before they take amrit.

I find that there are many cases of this situation, mainly in UK.

However, most of these also seem to descendents from Africa and mainly ramgharias. This is probably because most the descendents from africa are ramgharias and they must have had this as the 'NORM' back there ?????

They don't see it or percept it as beadbi in any way, except that one should not touch or read from the Guru Sahib if they have eaten meat or drank earlier in the day !!!

Personally, I never understood these guys and to me it is more than disrespect and beadbi, it should just NOT be allowed, no excuses or IF's and But's.

IF the household and members are not pavitar or clean, then GuruSahibji should NOT be kept at all.

I'm not saying they have to be amritdhari but many people stay clean and pavitar as sehjdhari before they take amrit.

I agree with you, Africa Sikhs have a lot to answer for too , with there liberal views , very short trimmed beards, tight almost hat like turbans, they think they are a cut above othersikhs because they have had an education, but they have in some cases given sikhs a bad impression!

I agree with you, Africa Sikhs have a lot to answer for too , with there liberal views , very short trimmed beards, tight almost hat like turbans, they think they are a cut above othersikhs because they have had an education, but they have in some cases given sikhs a bad impression!

I call the trimmed beards a ''5 o'clock shadow'