Devinder Singh Bhullar will hang: SC rejects mercy plea

JSinghnz

We must support Tamil people for their seperate Tamil Nation, they have suffered much more heinous crimes at the hands of Indian Govt., such as killings of Tamil fellowman in Sri lanks (Jaffna) by IPKF sent by Indian State-Terrorist Rajiv Gandhi, rape of Tamil women by IPKF sent by Indian State-Terrorist Rajiv Gandhi. If they were a seperate Tamil Nation, they will be able to raise their issues/Genocide of their fellow Tamil brothers in Sri Lanka sent by Indian State-Terrorist Rajiv Gandhi much more effectively at International/UN level.

NEW DELHI: Even as the home ministry is examining the Punjab government's plea to commute his death penalty, Devinder Pal Singh Bhullar has received support from an unlikely quarter: the special public prosecutor who had appeared against him in the Supreme Court in 2002.

Though two of the three judges on the Supreme Court bench upheld his arguments, senior advocate Anoop G Chaudhari said that he found himself agreeing with the dissenting verdict delivered by the presiding judge, M B Shah, who had actually acquitted Bhullar.

"Surprising as it may sound, I believe that Shah was right in not accepting my submissions in support of the trial court's decision to convict Bhullar in a terror case, entirely on the basis of his confessional statement to the police," Chaudhari told TOI. "Shah refused to acquiesce to the Delhi police's presumption that they had a lot of margin for shoddy investigation because of the involvement of terror."

A former advocate general of Madhya Pradesh, Chaudhari also said that it was "most inappropriate" for the majority verdict, delivered by Justice Arijit Pasayat, to have awarded death sentence to Bhullar despite the acquittal by a member of the same bench.

In any event, this "judicial error", he said, should have been taken by the home ministry as a "strong ground" for commuting the death penalty, when it made its recommendation to the President on Bhullar's mercy petition in 2011. "Did the home ministry think that the acquittal by a Supreme Court judge was meaningless?" Chaudhari asked.

But how could he be saying all these things in Bhullar's favor, given his own role in the case? "After the judgment is delivered, I read it as a student of law and not a lawyer who appeared for one or the other party," Chaudhari said. "If I can't detach myself from the case and appreciate the judgment in its correct perspective, then I won't be honest to my profession and my conscience".

One of the major infirmities in the prosecution's case pointed out by Shah was the failure of the police to find any corroboration for Bhullar's confessional statement to them, even he had retracted it. "When Shah asked me about this lacuna during the hearings, I said that I could only argue what was on record and I could not step into the shoes of the investigating agency and explain why they had not taken the trouble of finding any corroborative evidence," Chaudhari said.

Thanks for posting this Mahan Singh jee ..... very positive development , hopefully over zealous patriots will now listen.

Government did not consult me on Bhullar, says Justice MB Shah

17 Apr, 2013, 0400 hrs IST, Aman Sharma, ET Bureau

NEW DELHI: Justice MB Shah, whose dissenting verdict favoured acquittal of DP Singh Bhullar when he was awarded a death sentence, has told ET that the government never consulted him before rejecting the convict's mercy petition. His fellow judges, NC Agrawal and Arjit Pasayat, while ruling that Bhullar should be hanged, had said the government may consult justice MB Shah when the mercy petition came up.

The majority judgement of the Supreme Court said government might consult the presiding judge of the bench under Section 432 (2) of the Criminal Procedure Code when Bhullar's mercy petition is considered. The presiding judge of the bench was Shah.

"I was never consulted...neither by the government nor by the President," Shah told ET, via phone, from Ahmedabad. When asked if the rejection of Bhullar's mercy plea was hence justified, he said: "My personal opinion does not matter. My dissenting judgment in the case is there for everyone to see. My verdict was that Bhullar should be acquitted as just his confessional statement recorded by a police officer could not solely be the basis for his conviction." Justice Shah who retired from the Supreme Court in 2003 now heads a commission of inquiry on illegal mining.

Section 432 (2), mentioned by justices Agrawal and Pasayat, says whenever an application is made to the government for remission of a sentence, the government may require the presiding judge of the court by which the conviction was confirmed, to state his opinion as to whether the application should be granted or refused together with his reasons for such opinion. The MHA recommendation file to the President to reject Bhullar's mercy plea does mention that the SC judgment had suggested that the government invoke Section 432 (2), but is silent on whether Shah was consulted.

Justice Shah had asked for altering Bhullar's sentence to life imprisonment while hearing his review petition but again his dissenting verdict did not mater as the majority bench of Justice Agrawal and Justice Pasayat dismissed the plea. Justice Shah's dissent verdict stated that after taking into account the opinion of the majority, that the accused deserve to be convicted, he would allow the review petition to the extent that the death sentence be altered to life sentence.

In a related development on Tuesday, home minister Sushil Kumar Shinde said that Devinder Bhullar's medical condition would be examined before his execution, indicating that a medical board may be set up for the purpose. "The memorandum submitted by Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal will be examined too," Shinde said. Bhullar was sentenced to death for killing nine people in a bomb blast in Delhi in 1993, but the sole evidence was his confession made under the Terrorism and Disruptive Activities (Prevention) Act, which was later repealed as it was considered to be a draconian provision.

I have heard rumours that these 2 persons NC Agrawal and Arjit Pasayat received a huge sum of money, approx. 1 million pounds each for the execution verdict. Wonder who will gain for murdering Prof. Bhullar at that time !!!.

Now since Hindutva media has already portrayed him as a terrorist, it is difficult for Hindutva media to reverse its stand.

Wonder who will have the maximum political benefit for his execution NOW.

If you have come to know that the judges were paid, then it must also be known when did they receive the amounts and under which govt.

It is not surprising that it was under congress govt each time, wether it was court judgement, president decisions all were influenced by the home ministry under the congress govt.

What will they get by hanging a Sikh who is already portraited as a terrorist through the media? The majority of the people who watch these news are youngsters who gave a feeling that the govt isn't doing enough to curb terrorism. Now knowing these type of decisions are directly influenced from party command of the ruling party, they will get votes in the not so far general elections . Note they already carried out 2 executions in a short period of time and have achieved huge support from the majority .. We should stand united and firm so that their evil plans cannot be carried out.

Akaal Sahaaye

What will they get by hanging a Sikh who is already portraited as a terrorist through the media? The majority of the people who watch these news are youngsters who gave a feeling that the govt isn't doing enough to curb terrorism. Now knowing these type of decisions are directly influenced from party command of the ruling party, they will get votes in the not so far general elections . Note they already carried out 2 executions in a short period of time and have achieved huge support from the majority .. We should stand united and firm so that their evil plans cannot be carried out.

Akaal Sahaaye

Next year are general Elections in India (2014).

It is a tried and proven tactic in India - If a political party / PM representative from a political party is a mass killer of minority, that party gets huge support by majority. History - Indira Gandhi (June 1984, Rajiv Gandhi after Nov. 1984 Sikh Genocide - got massive support from majority, Narendra Modi - mass murderer of muslims in Gujarat, wins State elections for third-time in Gujarat). Majority of India appreciate and support the political party and leader who commits mass Genocide of minorities.

BJP have already cashed on this opportunity by filing Narendra modi (a hard-core Hindu terrorist and mass murderer of Muslims in Gujarat) as their PM candidate for 2014. Congress(I) really need to prove now that they can execute the minorites as efficentially as BJP, hence a series of minority executions have started. There will be another 4-6 till the start of next year elections in 2014.

First, it was Afzal Guru, who's crime was selling a SIM to terrorists who attacked Indian Parliament. PS - He didn't attacked Indian Parliament, those who attacked Indian Parliament were gunned down then and there, he just sold or gave a SIM to them (as per investigations). I am surprised they did not tried the local TEA-STALL OWNER who might have sold tea to terrorists and executed him, as the TEA gave strength to terrorists. Probably the TEA-STALL owner was not a Muslim. Anyways, Afzal Guru was hanged quite secretly without even informing his family (as against Indian Law).

So, Congress(I) now has already proved to majority Hindu vote bank that they are at par with BJP when it comes to minority massacre BY EXECUTING AFZAL GURU SECRETLY.

Next, they want to bring the Muslim vote back, so the next execution they target is a SIKH, aiming to shot 2 birds with 1 arrow. (a). Executing a SIKH will send a message to Muslim community - we are executing SIKHS as well. (b). Hindu Vote bank will strengthen more.

It is not surprising that it was under congress govt each time, wether it was court judgement, president decisions all were influenced by the home ministry under the congress govt.

Murder charges against Mr. Sumedh Saini (DGP-Punjab, strong nexus of Punjab Police with Punjab Govt.) - Prof. Bhullar is the evidence. Who will gain from Prof. Bhullar execution??? Mr. Saini will be released off all charges.

Indian Media

They are a bunch of morons, ever seen their discussion in a panel, one can't understand what any body else is saying, there is so much cross-over, no body let's any body talk. Indian Media portrays every minority arrested person as a terrorist without even framing of charges/proving of charges, going through the case details, doing even some basic analysis etc. Easy reporting as there are loads of headless chickens appreciating justice being delivered by executing a Muslim/Sikh/Dalit/Christian etc. Now they are finding hard-time discussing the case-details and how their criminal justice system is being exposed ...

One more interesting news coming up - Malegon blast hindu terrorist Col. Purohit who was arrested in 2008 in connection with Malegaon blast; in which lots of Muslims were killed is still being paid by the Indian Govt. when in Jail, probably as an incentive/bonus for planting the bomb!!!.

http://www.hindustantimes.com/India-news/NewDelhi/Malegaon-blasts-accused-gets-army-pay/Article1-1019774.aspx