How to get international media attention to protests?

genie

If there is no International media attention there wont be much pressure on the UK and other western governments to hold the indian government to account for its crimes against minorities.

So was wondering how to get TV news channels to give courage?

I am against any kind of protest. As Khalsa/Sikh does not need to protest infront of anyone. Khalsa true nature is to just deliver justice and thats it, protesting infront of beggars themselves, its not in nature of Khalsa.

But if we must protest for whatever reason then- two words - Self-immolate...perceive it as an offering yourself if you will for the cause. All though unconventional method but its proven to be known to raise goose bumps in people/media/law makers and get international media attention.

Obviously, self-immolate its not child play- one probably have to go some extreme bhagti/meditation before coming in terms to self-immolating themselves properly in deep samadhi, self-immolatation have to proper to have profound effect on people's mind.

One of famous self immolation case is of Vietnamese buddhist monk who self - immolated in deep samadhi, this event bought major policy changes in Vietnam where roman catholics were oppressing buddhist miniority groups for decades

(please note for buddhist monks self immolating themselves is an act of compassion an offering for humanity not a suicide)

brother sikhs dont take their own lives its a sin.

But the best way i can see to bring attention in a peaceful way is project some kind of light projection on houses of parliment or big ben or handcuff yourself to the gates of downing street

brother sikhs dont take their own lives its a sin.

That depends on individual perception.

Anyway other methods that be more sane to general public would be - getting hollywood/bollywood/huge celebrity endorse our cause and spread awareness and fight for it like richard gere, george colloney have done for minorities abroad.

I am against any kind of protest. As Khalsa/Sikh does not need to protest infront of anyone. Khalsa true nature is to just deliver justice and thats it, protesting infront of beggars themselves, its not in nature of Khalsa.

But if we must protest for whatever reason then- two words - Self-immolate...perceive it as an offering yourself if you will for the cause. All though unconventional method but its proven to be known to raise goose bumps in people/media/law makers and get international media attention.

Obviously, self-immolate its not child play- one probably have to go some extreme bhagti/meditation before coming in terms to self-immolating themselves properly in deep samadhi, self-immolatation have to proper to have profound effect on people's mind.

One of famous self immolation case is of Vietnamese buddhist monk who self - immolated in deep samadhi, this event bought major policy changes in Vietnam where roman catholics were oppressing buddhist miniority groups for decades

(please note for buddhist monks self immolating themselves is an act of compassion an offering for humanity not a suicide)

enjoy:

What drugs you on mate?

Which Guru told khalsa to burn themselves?!

Guru Ji said when all peaceful means fail, only then to turn to the sword. Peace protests an all other means (such as peaceful rallies, letters to mps, etc) must be tried before turning to other means.

Guru Arjan Dev Ji didn't self immoliate, he was martyred by mughals by being burned.

Its quite disrespectful to say 'enjoy' at such a video. This buddist is likely at sant or near sant level to endure such pain and do such kurbani. Dhan Dhan Siri Waheguru Sahib, this is all your play.

What drugs you on mate?

Which Guru told khalsa to burn themselves?!

Guru Ji said when all peaceful means fail, only then to turn to the sword. Peace protests an all other means (such as peaceful rallies, letters to mps, etc) must be tried before turning to other means.

Guru Arjan Dev Ji didn't self immoliate, he was martyred by mughals by being burned.

I already mentioned bro:

I am against any kind of protest. As Khalsa/Sikh does not need to protest infront of anyone regardless of whicever form- even burning. Khalsa true nature is to just deliver justice and thats it, protesting infront of beggars themselves, its not in nature of Khalsa-

Its quite disrespectful to say 'enjoy' at such a video. This buddist is likely at sant or near sant level to endure such pain and do such kurbani. Dhan Dhan Siri Waheguru Sahib, this is all your play.

I didn't mean to offend ..sorry i have edited that portion ..it was more of general comment..didnt realize it may cause offense..sorry about that again..i have edited it..i agree buddhist monk is a sant in maha samadhi i have nothing but great respect for this buddhist monk ..trust me singh my past posts regarding this video on forum speak for itself.

When other means failed, its justify to pick up sword (Sri Guru Gobind Singh Ji)

Yes other means are not defined and its open to interpretations However, in my opinion I don't consider protesting infront of anyone to give us right as other means... other means would be negotiation/starting up an dialogue by conventional/political methods not one side protesting holding placards like beggars infront of corrupted multi national corporations which you call it nations..i am sorry nothing is going to happen...no one is listening.

What do you expect? Most western countries are not actual countries but multi-national corporations which would prefer business deals over human rights issues of minorities in India which they consider- tribal issues from tribal people.

We are naive to assume countries like- US, CANADA, UK do not know human rights violations happening in INDIA, CHINA, RUSSIA. They know all that, they just don't care- passing statement from time to time of human rights violations its all strategy of being politically correct- to look good infront of UN/international stage, some of it its strategy of proxy war happening between these countries on high level, it be extremely naive to think they genuinely care.

Just picture yourself as representing big pool of corporations name- USA, CANADA OR UK, if during business dealing with India which happens every day, small group in india brings human rights issue to plate, are we really naive to think- big corporations will kill their business dealing with India by putting pressure on India.??

When I wear evil goggles of big corporation working out business deal with India and see small group of people protesting be it - kashmiri, sikhs, muslims, christians- i only see tribal group are bickering and i ignore them or pass small universal "human rights statement" hoping these tribal groups go away.

I used to think captalism is something to do with conservatives only but its cycle liberals or ndp parties would be part of it in Canada as well after one gives deep thoughts, its all same crap- minorities suffer in hands of powerful countries like- India, china, Russia..

CSIS know all the human right abuses in punjab/delhi how culprits are roaming free , how GOI tries its best to demonize sikhs in Canada, even know who are real culprits behind air india bombing which is GOI but they still refuse to do anything? Why? Because it does not matter at the end of day as long as business deals are made with India- super power in asia on daily basis and as long as its business as usual- human rights does not matter..!!

So response by balpreet singh was good but lets try spending more energy towards awareness of sikh religion instead of dwelling and begging infront of huge transnational corporations like US, CANADA, UK to put pressure on India human right abuses..its not going to happen, surely may get sweet talk from mps of all different parties in election time but on a bigger picture, nothing is going to happen..i.e- pressure in UN, sanctions etc..!!

For me khalistan or khalsa raj is not limited to banners or placards. The actual khalsa raj or khalistan is when each sikh born becomes khalsa of sri guru gobind singh ji maharaj to serve humanity, nature and stand up against injustice..!!!