Arranged Marriage Questions

Hi, i live in the uk and my parents want me to have an arranged marriage in india (i have no problem with this) but I dont really know much about punjabi girls, the girl is from a village in punjab and theres so many questions that Im not sure who can answer or who I should ask, such as what if we dont feel in love after we get married? how intimate can you be with each other? is it like relationships in the western world where you kiss each other all the time when youre alone, would they have sex for fun/get closer to each other or would they see it as simply for reproduction?

I think id find it hard to ask those kinds of questions to my prospective wife before marriage.

Neither of us are amritdharis.

Any info on the way punjabi girls are brought up, and what marriage means to them in regards to being close to each other would be great.

Lol of course they are human beings like the rest of us, the way you talk they are aliens! Grow up before you get married :lol2:

Hi, i live in the uk and my parents want me to have an arranged marriage in india (i have no problem with this) but I dont really know much about punjabi girls, the girl is from a village in punjab and theres so many questions that Im not sure who can answer or who I should ask, such as what if we dont feel in love after we get married? how intimate can you be with each other? is it like relationships in the western world where you kiss each other all the time when youre alone, would they have sex for fun/get closer to each other or would they see it as simply for reproduction?

I think id find it hard to ask those kinds of questions to my prospective wife before marriage.

Neither of us are amritdharis.

Any info on the way punjabi girls are brought up, and what marriage means to them in regards to being close to each other would be great.

• Like 1

Why not take some time off and go to India for 6 months to get a feel of the culture and society. Once you understand what the people are about then maybe you can be mentally prepared to get married to a girl there.

• Like 1

Why not take some time off and go to India for 6 months

6 months?! Ain't nobody got time for that!

OP: Just approach the process pretty much the same as you would if you were looking in the UK whilst respecting cultural norms. Good luck!

• 3 months later...
Guest SJR SINGH

hahah your parents are great ..They know whats the situation of sikh girls in uk and I belong to london..You are lucky you are getting girl from punjab...otherwise there is no any chance you will get a nice sikh girl in uk....haha bc you know our girls in uk??cough cough..lol

sex ain't just for reproduction, besides why would women want to go through 9months of a human living inside them, child birth pain, all the self confidence issues, all the life changing restricting issues in the 9months, all of the stretched out skin, postnatal depression, all of that hassle if there was no pleasure involved at all. Life is very pleasurable, the pleasure of intimacy, the pleasure of companionship, the pleasure of caring and being cared for it really does alot for you in life. Try and find someone you can trust, try and speak to them and see if you can trust that person, maybe trust them for a while with a few small things before you commit your life. Come on you are a guy these worries are supposed to be for women anyway.