Rishta!

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

Waheguru ji ka khlasa Waheguru ji ki fateh

Basically a guy and his family is coming to see me for rishta in a week's time! I was wondering what questions should I ask him? Im totally confused and so nervous.

Thanks

Guest .....

Gurfateh!

Ah, the first time you ever speak to someone in person is so nerve wracking..I think you should think about what is important to you and what you want to know about this guy. For me, it would be something like..why did you take amrit? How do you want to live your life Sikhi wise? And also softer opening questions like what/where did you study, what is your occupation/plans career wise etc. It depends on whether those sorts of things are important to you. I personally would want to make sure that the person has drive & ambition and would be able to support a family in the long term.

I would say don't get too deep to begin with ie asking how many kids he wants and what he wants to name them hah. Just ask basic-ish questions and see whether you get along with him personality wise (funny, confident, whatever), does he come across as a genuinely nice/kind hearted person, does he have a good temperament, are his family personable, do they have good manners etc.

There's so much to talk about..sometimes it's easy to get nervous and your mind goes blank but try not to worry about it too much!

Good luck! :-)

ask him what you want to ask him, be as deep or as shallow as you like at the end of the day its about getting to know each other, dont hide your character pretend to give a "correct" answer or what you think the other person would prefer to hear, be straight up and then when you find someones who likes your character youll get a yes!

Ask him....

Do u know how to cook...

tell him to show his walk...

then ask him to prepare tea for u.......

then ask him that does he know house hold work.... :p :P :p all these kinds of questions..... :p :P he wil be glad :) :) n will be impressed... :) :)

show his walk <banned word filter activated> lol

At the stage of meeting girls, I echo some of the above comments.

Start off with simple things. How far you want to know about the guy is upto you. The more you things you know about him, the better. But you don't have to ask everything in one go. I've swapped email addresses with each one so if they want to ask more, they can.

Start with things like what they do/job/education. Where are they working/learning? Where do they see themselves in 5 years? Who's at home with them? Do they plan to stay there or move? What are their hobbies/interests?

You can then ask more stuff like meat/alcohol, their level of Sikhi. If you want to ask about whether they want to take Amrit, you can.

I also asked the girls about whether they had any previous relationships or previous engagements/marriages etc.

Don't think of it as an interview. Just be yourself. You won't honestly know someone until you've lived with them for a few years but the more info you have, the more of a judgement you can make.