North Carolina Gurdwara refuses an anand karaj

Guest dasguruka

Waheguru Ji ka Khalsa Waheguru ji Ki fateh,

There should be a universal rule at all Guru Kars. If any Non - Amritdhari's would like to be blessed by maharaj in an Anand Karaj ceremony then they must attend the Guru Kar for at least 6 month to sit in Sangat and take part in Seva.

This would seperate all " i just want to get married in the nice Gurdwara because my wedding pics will come out nice " crowd to those who genuinly want maharajs blessing.

These days ALL Gurdware are ran as businesses so therefore we need ALL Gurdwara committees to universally agree with these rules. If one chooses to stray then they will be flooded with bookings which will = Money for the Secretarys new Merc - Benz,

DasGuruka Ji, We have a situation at our local Gurdwara where a Grand daughter of hardcore Nakali Nirankaris wants to marry a Hindhu boy at the Gurdwara.The girls family first said they would marry at their Nakali Nirankari Bhawan however the boy said that he would only marry if it is at the Gurdwara ???

Ok, so the Girls Family are majority Nakali Nirankari's who will disrespect maharaj purposfully which will result in trouble as we will not stand for that.

The boy is not a Sikh. If he wanted maharaj's blessing why hasn't he even done the minimum of changing his name to Singh ????

Sorry to say that the majority of Anand Karajs are a staged show and no less. This is the reason for my suggestion of 6 months attendance to the Guru kar in order to take part in Seva and Sangat.

Bhul Chuk Maaf

WJKK WJKF !!!!

Then what about the future generation's the children who are not fully with sikhi yet, you would turn them away, then you will ultimately decline or even end sikhi, are you saying that Anand karaj is only for amritdharis if so that is wrong, because at some point a tuk from gurbani has changed the lives of many people and continues to do so today, for me it was the 9th patshah ji' s saloks, but had i have been turned away at my anand karaj (because i was a mona), i would not be amritdhari today!, your zeal is commendable but i do not agree because of my own life experience.

From where did you get this bright idea that Anand Karaj is oonly for Amritdharis. Can you try to comprehend simple things that "According to the rehit maryadha the Anand Karaj ceremony is to be performed if both bride and

groom are Sikh." And never ever say that Sikhi will ultimately "decline or even end" because THIS WILL NEVER EVER HAPPEN.

From where did you get this bright idea that Anand Karaj is oonly for Amritdharis. Can you try to comprehend simple things that "According to the rehit maryadha the Anand Karaj ceremony is to be performed if both bride and

groom are Sikh." And never ever say that Sikhi will ultimately "decline or even end" because THIS WILL NEVER EVER HAPPEN.

why did you say this then Anand Karaj is only for Sikhs who follow the tenets of Sikhi.

if someone drinks , smokes , eats meet, goes to clubs, but are from a sikh family(background) would you say they follow the tenets of sikhi and how can you tell that someone from a sikh family does do these things because there is not a stamp on there forehead, but they can have Anand karaj ? explain this, what do you do now.

I have told you before in other posts dont get worked up with me because i dont care what you think, i live in a free country , sikhi is already in decline because of people like you with ott attitude, it just puts kids off, show some love and understanding.

Do you think you are the only sikh here, if i made the comment it is because i am concerned just as much as any sikh no reason for you to become some defender of the faith internet warrior, and type in bold, i answer to Guru sahib ji not you, so change your tone.

Stop attacking your own brothers for making a comment, that is the problem with so called sikhs today especially guys from india. who don't do anything in india but as soon as they leave india they become lions, Learn to love everyone and their ideas/opinions instead of attacking them.

So i dont understand what you mean by follow the tenets of sikhi,

Amritdharis do

sehajdharis have kesh go to gurdwara but drink alcohol , eat meat etc

Moneh who are born into once upon a time full practicing sikh families may have a parent (s) who is amritdhari, but drink , smoke, eat meat etc. Are these the tenets of sikhi? No

But anyone can change just like a patit can become a singh and some singh's have become patit, it's all in waheguru ji's hands not ours!. Which was my original point and turning people away guarantees, they wont be becoming sikhs.

According to the rehit maryadha the Anand Karaj ceremony is to be performed if both bride and

groom are Sikh."

How can both bride and groom be sikh if they drink, smoke etc, just because there ancestors were sikhs , but they still come to Gurdwara for anand karaj, what do you do now

According to the rehit maryadha the Anand Karaj ceremony is to be performed if both bride and groom are Sikh. I have seen many interfaith marriages between and Sikh and non Sikh and were allowed Anandkaraj, but I have yet to see one of those couples who practice Sikhi. In fact neither do their children even claim to be Sikh. So this assertion that we should bend or lax the rules in order to win new converts is not baring the positive results. If fact it has resulted in giving the false impression to our youth(especially our girls) that marriage outside of the Sikh faith is okay and sanctioned in Sikhi since they see Babas, kirtanis performing Anand Karaj ceremony for these inter religious couples.

Then what do you suggest turn everyone away.

1 if a person from a different faith wants anand karaj they should be told to embrace sikhi, but how? take amrit?

2 A person born into a sikh family may have kesh or not, but is not amritdhari, drinks etc (but you can not tell) so what do you say to this person are they sikhs or not do you turn them away?

Then what do you suggest turn everyone away.

1 if a person from a different faith wants anand karaj they should be told to embrace sikhi, but how? take amrit?

2 A person born into a sikh family may have kesh or not, but is not amritdhari, drinks etc (but you can not tell) so what do you say to this person are they sikhs or not do you turn them away?

1. In the UK they suggested that the person wanting to embrace Sikhi should atleast become a Sikh as per the Sikh rehit maryadha which states one who believes in Vaheguru, 10 Gurus and does not owe allegiance or follows any other religion.

2. A person born into a Sikh family but is not amritdhari currently. There can and should be an Anand karaj performed for them because he will still owe allegiance to the Sikh faith. His children will still identify themselves as Sikhs. I have seen plenty of monas(including my entire family!) coming back to their roots. As the old Indian saying goes: ਸੁਭਾ ਕਾ ਭੂਲਾ ਅਗਰ ਸ਼ਾਮ ਕੋ ਘਰ ਲੌਟ ਆਏ, ਤੋ ਉਸੇ ਭੂਲਾ ਨਹੀ ਕਿਹਤੇ

Inter faith marriages on the other hand are usually for those people who have almost no allegiance to the Sikh faith. They just do it because of the Sikh relatives and for cool looking marriage photos. I have seen plenty of inter religious marriages some of them my own relatives. Originally I used to think it's okay, but then I noticed that Sikhi has no place in their lives even years after the marriage. Their children almost always grow up as non Sikhs. The result of these inter religious marriages through the Anand Karaj ceremony in Gurdwaras has also had the disturbing trend of confusing our girls many of whom think it is perfectly okay as far as Sikhi is concerned to marry out of the faith.

1. Its not about what girls will think.

2. People marry in faith and does not live according to Gurmat.

For sake of girls thinking we cannot deny any one coming to Gurdwara for marriage.

I will tell you what I have experienced.

At time of my Ananad Karaj a Gurdwara in Chandigarh denied the ceremony they have a condition only amritdhari persons

are allowed to have ananad karaj there.

Bipran Ki Reet.

Guru Nanak Da Dhar Aake Brahamana ne Guru Kolon Shaheed mang layi c.

For sake of girls thinking we cannot deny any one coming to Gurdwara for marriage.

At time of my Ananad Karaj a Gurdwara in Chandigarh denied the ceremony they have a condition only amritdhari persons

Bipran Ki Reet.

exactly our Guru ji gave there head for other religions and these guys are turning people away are these sikh not to my way of thinking. well said Gurdeep.

Bipran Ki Reet.

No one is stopping anyone from coming to a Gurdwara and attending a Sikh marriage. The issue here is not even about Amritdharis or non Amritdharis. The issue here is inter faith marriages. According to the Panth Pravanat Rehit Maryadha and Akal Takht only a Sikh can marry Sikh in Anand Karaj ceremony. If an inter faith couple wish to marry they are free to marry in any other method. Where do we draw the line. tomorrow if a homosexual/gay couple comes to the Gurdwara and says they want to have an Anand Karaj ceremony you think it should be allowed? We need to come back to the roots of our traditions not uproot our traditions.

exactly our Guru ji gave there head for other religions and these guys are turning people away are these sikh not to my way of thinking. well said Gurdeep.

So we are turning non-Sikhs who don't believe in Sikhi away from Sikhi by not allowing them an Anand karaj? Rather I would argue that we are giving a green light to Sikh youth to leave Sikhi(through inter faith marriages) by encouraging these inter faith marriages to occur in a Gurdwara.

So we are turning non-Sikhs who don't believe in Sikhi away from Sikhi by not allowing them an Anand karaj? Rather I would argue that we are giving a green light to Sikh youth to leave Sikhi(through inter faith marriages) by encouraging these inter faith marriages to occur in a Gurdwara.

someone must believe otherwise why are they asking to be married by anand karaj, makes no sense.