Sign in to follow this  
Tony

Interesting Article

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Life is tough for the 9-to-5 Sikh in this age of austerity. Still, I think the "We'd be better off being born in India" is a slight exaggeration.

• Like 2

People who say that this, simply not got a clue of how hard life in India can be! Extremely naive!

Exactly. Life back home is extremely difficult. We are very fortunate to have been born overseas.

Who ever said this is welcome to pack there bags, i bet they come running back! :lol2:

Life is Gud here in India :D :D

Its not that tough .... :D :D .. Life is equal everywhere....

A human needs to struggle.. living in any part of the world... :)

That article wasnt about NRIs, it was about young British people as a whole. From what I've seen here a lot of people who cant get jobs in the UK just go abroad and 'fake it till they make it'. Stupid people outside of Europe just hear the accent and see the face and go along with it believing anything they say. No wonder so many of them are trying to get into Dubai and India, make money, rip off locals and then come back to the UK to gloat about it with their mates down the pub.

Barring any unforeseen acts of God, what people overseas can choose to make of their lives is dependent on their own personal efforts. So you get back in reward what you contribute in effort --- but of course, like I said, taking into account any freak acts of nature. Whilst this is becoming slightly less true in places like the U.K. and U.S. for various reasons (i.e. access to high-quality secondary education at institutions with prestige are mostly for those who can pay for it; the old boys network is still in force, etc.,) it still isn't as bad as Asia.

Back home, from what I've seen and heard, there's a lot of factors which are completely out of the control of the average man - and I mean the average man, and not someone even remotely well-off.