ਸਲੋਕ ਕਬੀਰ ॥
Salok Kabeer ||
ਗਗਨ ਦਮਾਮਾ ਬਾਜਿਓ ਪਰਿਓ ਨੀਸਾਨੈ ਘਾਉ ॥
Gagan Dhamaamaa Baajiou Pariou Neesaanai Ghaao ||
The battle-drum beats in the sky of the mind; aim is taken, and the wound is inflicted.
ਖੇਤੁ ਜੁ ਮਾਂਡਿਓ ਸੂਰਮਾ ਅਬ ਜੂਝਨ ਕੋ ਦਾਉ ॥੧॥
Khaeth J Maanddiou Sooramaa Ab Joojhan Ko Dhaao ||1||
The spiritual warriors enter the field of battle; now is the time to fight! ||1||
ਸੂਰਾ ਸੋ ਪਹਿਚਾਨੀਐ ਜੁ ਲਰੈ ਦੀਨ ਕੇ ਹੇਤ ॥
Sooraa So Pehichaaneeai J Larai Dheen Kae Haeth ||
He alone is known as a spiritual hero, who fights in defense of religion.
ਪੁਰਜਾ ਪੁਰਜਾ ਕਟਿ ਮਰੈ ਕਬਹੂ ਨ ਛਾਡੈ ਖੇਤੁ ॥੨॥੨॥
Purajaa Purajaa Katt Marai Kabehoo N Shhaaddai Khaeth ||2||2||
He may be cut apart, piece by piece, but he never leaves the field of battle. ||2||2||

Guru Arjan Sahib Prakash 15 April 1563

Shaheedi 30 May 1606.

The impact of Guru Sahib's shaheedi and ways Mughal kingdom martyred Guru Sahib.

waheguru ji....mughal kings like aurangzeb got the "raaj" because of their bhagti and some good karams done in previous lives....like "raavan"

to empty their "kamai" earned, the sacrifice had to be above their level of kamai.........

if Guru ji had not given "shaheedi", their cruelity would have prevailed for longer period.......

as you rightly metioned "5th and 9th Paatshah could give that particular sacrifice because of who they were, i.e. immensely pious and holy blood had to be spilled"

and Gurbani also says "nirdosh nu maarna is the biggest sin".........and that's what mughals did which emptied their kamai.............and their empire came to an end shortly after that.......

ਸੂਰਾ ਸੋ ਪਹਿਚਾਨੀਐ ਜੁ ਲਰੈ ਦੀਨ ਕੇ ਹੇਤ ॥
Sooraa So Pehichaaneeai J Larai Dheen Kae Haeth ||
He alone is known as a spiritual hero, who fights in defense of religion.

There are very few who actually can.....................

Bhai Gurdas's Account of Martyrdom of Guru Arjan Dev

Guru Arjan Dev was martyred as per orders of emperor Jahangir on May 30, 1606. Jahangir wrote in his Tuzak-i-Jahangiri only 20 days after the martyrdom of Guru Arjan Dev that he ordered his execution.

Bhai Gurdas had documented the martyrdom of Guru Arjan Dev as follows:

ਗੁਰੂ ਅਰਜਨ ਜੀ ਦੀ ਜੋਤੀਜੋਤ

!->!->

ਰਹਿਦੇ ਗੁਰੁ ਦਰੀਆਉ ਵਿਚਿ ਮੀਨ ਕੁਲੀਨ ਹੇਤੁ ਨਿਰਬਾਣੀ।

Rahiday Guru Dareeaau Vichi Meen Kuleen Haytu Nirabaanee.

रहिदे गुरु दरीआउ विचि मीन कुलीन हेतु निरबाणी ।

Liberating the soul from the body, Guru (Arjan Dev) stabilized himself in the water of river as the fish remains in water.

1 ਵਾਰਾਂ ਭਾਈ ਗੁਰਦਾਸ : ਵਾਰ ੨੪ ਪਉੜੀ ੨੩ ਪੰ. ੧

!->!->

ਦਰਸਨੁ ਦੇਖਿ ਪਤੰਗ ਜਿਉ ਜੋਤੀ ਅੰਦਰਿ ਜੋਤਿ ਸਮਾਣੀ।

Darasanu Daykhi Patang Jiu Jotee Andari Joti Samaanee.

दरसनु देखि पतंग जिउ जोती अंदरि जोति समाणी ।

As the moth rows itself into the flame, his light mingled with light of the Lord.

2 ਵਾਰਾਂ ਭਾਈ ਗੁਰਦਾਸ : ਵਾਰ ੨੪ ਪਉੜੀ ੨੩ ਪੰ. ੨

!->!->

ਸਬਦੁ ਸੁਰਤਿ ਲਿਵ ਮਿਰਗ ਜਿਉ ਭੀੜ ਪਈ ਚਿਤਿ ਅਵਰੁ ਨ ਆਣੀ।

Sabadu Surati Liv Mirag Jiu Bheerh Paee Chiti Avaru N Aanee.

सबदु सुरति लिव मिरग जिउ भीड़ पई चिति अवरु न आणी ।

Caring of for life, as the deer keeps its consciousness concentrated when in peril, the Guru also, when undergoing suffering kept none else except the Lord in is' consciousness.

3 ਵਾਰਾਂ ਭਾਈ ਗੁਰਦਾਸ : ਵਾਰ ੨੪ ਪਉੜੀ ੨੩ ਪੰ. ੩

!->!->

ਚਰਣ ਕਵਲ ਮਿਲਿ ਭਵਰ ਜਿਉ ਸੁਖ ਸੰਪਟ ਵਿਚਿ ਰੈਣਿ ਵਿਹਾਣੀ।

Charan Kaval Mili Bhavar Jiu Soukh Sanpat Vichi Raini Vihaanee.

चरण कवल मिलि भवर जिउ सुख संपट विचि रैणि विहाणी ।

As the black bee remains enrapt in the petals of flower • enjoy fragrance, the Guru also spent night of suffering by keeping joyfully s concentration on the feet of Lord.

4 ਵਾਰਾਂ ਭਾਈ ਗੁਰਦਾਸ : ਵਾਰ ੨੪ ਪਉੜੀ ੨੩ ਪੰ. ੪

!->!->

ਗੁਰੁ ਉਪਦੇਸੁ ਨ ਵਿਸਰੈ ਬਾਬੀਹੇ ਜਿਉ ਆਖ ਵਖਾਣੀ।

Guru Oupadaysu N Visarai Baabeehay Jiu Aakh Vakhaanee.

गुरु उपदेसु न विसरै बाबीहे जिउ आख वखाणी ।

The Guru like a rainbird spoke to his isciples that the teachings of the Guru should not be forgotten.

5 ਵਾਰਾਂ ਭਾਈ ਗੁਰਦਾਸ : ਵਾਰ ੨੪ ਪਉੜੀ ੨੩ ਪੰ. ੫

!->!->

ਗੁਰਮੁਖਿ ਸੁਖ ਫਲੁ ਪਿਰਮ ਰਸੁ ਸਹਜ ਸਮਾਧਿ ਸਾਧ ਸੰਗਿ ਜਾਣੀ।

Guramoukhi Soukh Phalu Piram Rasu Sahaj Samaadhi Saadh Sangi Jaanee.

गुरमुखि सुख फलु पिरम रसु सहज समाधि साध संगि जाणी ।

The pleasure it of the Gurmukh (Guru Arjan Dev) is the delight of love and he accepts the holy congregation as the natural state of meditation.

6 ਵਾਰਾਂ ਭਾਈ ਗੁਰਦਾਸ : ਵਾਰ ੨੪ ਪਉੜੀ ੨੩ ਪੰ. ੬

!->!->

ਗੁਰ ਅਰਜਨ ਵਿਟਹੁ ਕੁਰਬਾਣੀ ॥੨੩॥

Gur Arajan Vitahu Kurabaanee ॥23॥

गुर अरजन विटहु कुरबाणी ॥२३॥

I am sacrifice untoGu ru Arjan Dev.

7 ਵਾਰਾਂ ਭਾਈ ਗੁਰਦਾਸ : ਵਾਰ ੨੪ ਪਉੜੀ ੨੩ ਪੰ. ੭

To achieve martyrdom, Guru Arjan Dev ji immersed in the God-like ocean like a fish. The Guru merged into the heavenly light like the moth that immolates itself after seeing the light.
.. I sacrifice my life to Guru Arjan.

adapted from an article by Tarlochan Singh

http://www.searchgurbani.com/bhai_gurdas_vaaran/introduction

!->!->!->!->!->!->!->

Noted Sikh historian Dr. Harjinder Singh Majhail[13] writes,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guru_Arjan

"The martyrdom of the fifth Guru is a first turning point in Sikh history. It created circumstances, which gave a militant colour to a spiritually coloured, otherworldly people. The Sikhs for whom their Satguru i.e. True Master was dearer than anything else in the world, were never ready to accept their True master's martyrdom. What pained them more was that their Master was mercilessly tortured to death. The fifth Guru was made to sit on big hot ferrous bread-baking plates and the burning sands from a parcher's furnace were poured on his bare body. After such inhuman tortures, the Guru was taken to the river 'Ravi' for a bath where he was said to have mysteriously disappeared into the 'Ravi'. All this was too much for the Sikhs. The blood-curdling tortures meted out on their beloved Guru made their blood boil. They sat brooding waiting for vengeance".

Is this fact right that Guru Sahib "mysteriously disappeared into the 'Ravi".

Or

Guru Sahib was drowned by mughals.