Should I Fight?

Guest Mr aingh

Guest Mr aingh

I got into a fight at school with a kid who trying to be funny by taking the mic out of my phag, I got into a right with with him and gave him a bloody nose and a bruise under his eye, I got called into student services and had to talk with several teachers, I thought I did the writing because tbh he deserved it, I gave him a chance to apologise he didn't so I took maters serious, but now I really don't know if it was write, the way I think is, I'm the son of Sri guru gobind Singh ji, I've had countless racial abuse over my life and thats the reason I trained kick boxing and got stronger, so I could fight these ignorant people, but when I had a chat with one of the teachers she wa telling me all this stuff about how you can't solve everything with ur fists and stuff, this teacher was black and she wa talking about how she just ignores people when they're racist to her and suggested I do the same but it's not that easy, then I had a chat with another teacher, I told her I wanted to serve justice, isn't it justice if I stand up for my religion and beliefs when they are vein treatened? But then she told me allthia stuff about Sikhs having to be humble and what u did wasn't it (this teacher was Sikh btw that why he said that) and then she said who am I to serve justice and that I can't fight the whole world when they're racist :/ what she said kinda made sense. I thought my mentality was right but after hearing all those lectures I don't know what to think anymore, I wanted to know ur views :/ was what I did right and should I carry on trying to serve justice how I am or is this just a teenage phase or an erge for fighting that I have ? Was what I did childish coz at the time I didn't feel that way, if I compare all the physical pain I've indured over my life to all the mental pain which came from society being racist then I have to say the mental pain wa way worse, sorry for writing so much just felt like I ha to get this all of my chest asap! Please help !!! Thankyou

Wjkk wjkf

Well Singh, it's good you stood up for yourself. We all get the abuse, at the start I used to get angry and I had a fight. And you know what, I used to get in trouble. Just learn to ignore them. Just take it as a joke, you can't fight everyone in the world. Don't get so worked up about it. They're only saying things, you'll get yourself into a lot of trouble. You might not be able to get into college or get a job. Don't take it to heart. The dogs will keep barking, but what is that to the sher (lion). Just stop getting offended so easily.

by taking the mic out of my phag,

You carry a mic in your pagh?

You did right, bro. Like it or not some people need a beating when they shoot their mouth off. But also you just gotta learn to pick and choose those fights. This time your teachers are being sympathetic, but the next time they might think you're enjoying smashing noses, and you might lose that sympathy (and the benefit of the doubt).

You carry a mic in your pagh?

It's an English colloquial term, i.e. "He was teasing me about my pagh".

"Taking the mick" is the equivalent of "Mocking". Singh wasn't wired up like an FBI informant, lol. :biggrin2:

Guest Inquillab Jindabaad

You did good Singh, there's too many cowardly Singhs letting the side down. Yes violence is not always the answer always try diplomacy and peaceful means first. But at the end of the day if any one lays a hand on your dastaar you break their wrist. That was the mentality of the old school nihang babay. Vicious but effective.

I think you did the right thing. If you do smash some racist's face and then get called into see the teachers the best way to get out of it is to fake regret, say you are willing to apologise in person or in writing but also say that you were provoked and that you tried to ignore the racist but in the end you reacted.

I agree with Inquillab Jindabaad. Too many Singhs now act like cowards when provoked. I am not saying that Singhs should just start a fight at the first instance but should tell the person first that you don't like his comments and he should stop. If he doesn't then you have to smash his face in. You have to look at the bigger picture. If he gets away with his comments on the Dastar then he will think that Sikhs don't mind when someone does this. So he will continue with other Sikhs and his mates will do the same. In my view you cut short the racist career of that <banned word filter activated>. Now he will know that if he makes a comment about a Sikh's Dastar he is likely to get a broken nose. You have probably stopped other Singhs from getting racist abuse from him.

So well done and don't feel bad about it. The black woman who said that you should just ignore it, you should have said, ok then if someone calls you a n.igger do you just ignore it? Isn't racism a criminal offence? What if people like Martin Luther King had that attitude? I have come across people like that, they get into their positions by being discreet and non threatening to the white people and they get embarrassed if others don't have the same attitude as them and stand up for themselves.

Very good...I remember when I used to get verbal abuse by all the gorey...How they were shocked when I spoke back and harshly...These idiots deserve it...You did an amazing job.

It's an English colloquial term, i.e. "He was teasing me about my pagh".

"Taking the mick" is the equivalent of "Mocking". Singh wasn't wired up like an FBI informant, lol. :biggrin2:

Lol I know. Only he spelt it as "mic". I spell mic as mick. Oh well. :D

Most people saying "smash his nose" etc. Teachers ARE NOT sympathetic. Most are white middle class people. They haven't gone through the same things we have. Most will say "violence isn't the answer bla bla" and they will end up wrecking your conduct log and colleges and bosses for jobs can reject you.

However, if someone takes your pagh off/attempts to then knock him out right there. Then they can't say anything. It happened to me.