Sanjog And "bad Timing" / Divorce

Guest ConfusedSingh

Guest ConfusedSingh

Fateh Ji,

Can singhs/singhnis of the board please explain to me why god puts people through divorce? I hear elders say "it was sanjog and couldnt be stopped". Are we supposed to believe in that?

Amirtdhari divorces happening everywhere....where is the sanctity of marriage? Is it "bad timing"? Curses? Why would god put his sevaks through this?

Mentality. There was no choice before but now many people know its an option and why not take the easy option out? Quite upsetting really. Other people should look up to Gursikh's and think they don't get divorced, we should be like them but instead its the other way round

Guest str8 ballin

This goes for all Sikhs. When thinking of a soulmate, they picture a big house, new cars, travelling the world, and everyone else telling them how great of a couple they are, fun, fun, fun all the time. They are like the Republican Christians, we want heaven, but can`t wait for it after death, its got to be right now!!!!! The western lifestyle has really made Sikhs brains into mush because all it wants a person to pursue is temporary happiness (pursue worldly pleasures). Once reality sets in and the couple sees the loans and credit lines they need to get to support this temporary happiness, then they search for a wealthier family. Everyone wants to sit back relax and get high. Some choose a mixture of marijuana, cocaine alcohol, etc with money and fame. But others leave out the drugs and choose to chase after the high of money, fame, lust etc. But Gursikhs choose a different type of drug; Gurbani. The drug takes a little time to set in. But once it`s in your blood stream and mind, then there is no better high.

Soul mate refers to Satguru, but Sikhs forgot to read Gurbani and started following how western civilization defines it. They started reading and following what Hollywood and Bollywood stars say about living. With the tongue they are saying Satguru is my everything, but with their minds they are saying I need a hottie with a big house, and we be traveling the world in private jets. Give these invdividuals 50 million dollars and the first thought and action that will come to mind is worldly pleasure............make sure you take this picture of me feeding this poor African child with my new 150 000 dollar car and all my nice bling bling...............they all be trippin once they see me

God doesn't put people through divorce. marriage, like all worldly relationships, involves a give and take of karams from previous janams. once this give and take is complete, much of the glue that holds a relationship together is gone. in the past, imo, people evolved spiritually more slowly. now spiritual evolution / give and take of karma is happening much faster and so you have relationships fall apart sooner. the couple could, of course, opt to move from karam into dharam and help each other live a higher way of life. but some just don't do that so they divorce.

True..... To maintain high standards. .....people forget what they r actually.....

But if u look at the scenario...u will see one thing.... Previously women were not educated...they need to depend on father,brother,husband to sustain life.....but now they have become independent....being amritdhari....or not being amritdhari does not make a difference when marriage is considered.....marriage is not something that u need to stick with...it requires luv n respect to have a strong bond.....

This world is still man dominated...but as the women r growing in their values...u cant stop anyone to get separated if they r not able to understand each other......

Many a times people actually dont see the inner beauty...all that matters for them is external one....they get married for few days they enjoy in bed but when dukh comes n when ur heart requires another heart to share the same body....people fail to do so...coz mutual understanding is 0........

That's y its said luv the hearts n soul...y to luv something which will surely change with time....

Guest Guest

First thing one must ascertain before marrying a person is whether he or she is Marrying Type or not.

In present times, especially in west there is very little Dharma (righteous path).

What most people consider Dharam is (lok dikhava) worldly show.

Unless you are Pure at heart (Khalas) no food bibek, religious robes can save your marriage.

For that you need Bibek Budh which can only be obtained from Satguru Sri Guru Granth Sahib jeeo.

Gurbani gives guidance to wives on how to get control over their husbands, check out

http://www.searchgurbani.com/scriptures/ggs_shabad/5332/line/3

If any women follows the above then she will not have to suffer.

First thing one must ascertain before marrying a person is whether he or she is Marrying Type or not.

In present times, especially in west there is very little Dharma (righteous path).

Unless you are Pure at heart (Khalas) no food bibek, religious robes can save your marriage.

For that you need Bibek Budh which can only be obtained from Satguru Sri Guru Granth Sahib jeeo.

Gurbani gives guidance to wives on how to get control over their husbands, check out

What a horribly depressing thing to recommend. "Control over their husbands". I'd say this is one of the reasons us Sikhs are in the state we are (in terms of our home lives at least). Whatever happened to mutual respect and co-operation? Why the need to control somebody like a household pet, or some kind of hypnotised zombie so as to negate any conflict? How about sitting down together and discussing issues like adults and reaching a common concencus? Very sad.

You seem to have very little idea of what that shabad actually means ????????????

What a load of rubbish in your post about controlling your husband !!!!!!!!

GURBANI tells you to CONTROL your SELF and Your MIND before you think about anything else !!!!!!!

Absolute bonkers :ohno: :stupidme: