'image Of The Guru' Shabad

Gurbani is so vast that it applies to each and every human being at different different state of mind and consciousness.

Gur Ki Moraat Man Mein Dyaan Gur ka shabad mantar man maan - beginner stage (sargun upasana- incorporating imagery of Guru and Shabad together to have dhyan parpak- making foundation of dhyan strong)

Gur Morat Guru Shabad Hai - intermediate stage- (still towards sargun, start slowly going towards nirgun gyan) - Eh akhar kirh jaingaie, vo akhar inn mein nahi | Akhar Dristh Man Jaita Nanak Parbhram Nirlaipa ||

Sabh Gobind Hai Sabh Gobind Hai - practicing seeing sabh gobind in everything/self enquiry to get rid of duality and ego- advanced stage

Perceiving bhram (Sabh Gobind Hai Sabh Gobind Hai ) in everything partakh in every moment- (bhramgyan stage-anubhav of nirgun gyan).

That's a very reasonable way of looking at it and it is also my understanding.

The shabad can perceived by all of us at different levels, however to understand it at all the levels should be our aim.

A beginner and newbie can apply it to their level but they have to be prepared to move on and not to hold the interpretation at that point.

Many sant babas and deras have tagged on to this and ask followers to meditate on the image or portrait of the guru or even themselves !!- since some of them call themselves a guru !

All sant babas are not that way. Sant Babas are practical persons themselves and do not tell sangat about following a wrong practice.

There are many books available on method of simran and they tell us to avoid this practice.

sants of charhdi kala of yesteryears and present times tell sangat correct procedure of Naam simran.

I heard in a divaan about 5 smaadhis. After the 5th smaadhi one can get Brahm Giaan. Each smaadhi consists is of 3.5 hours of continuous concentration on a Shabd (say Gurmantar). Concentration technique is trying to concentrate 12 sec continuously and repeating this till you can do this continuously for minutes and hours. I remember after one such samaadhi you can see Gurbani in Guru Granth Sahib taking shapes and you can have darshan of all 10 paathsahi from SGGS ji. One lesson of course is to refrain from using super natural powers attained during the process as they will not let you go further... May be Neo Singh or GPS can explain in detail what the achievements are after each of the smaadhis.

I don't think any one of us has any right to criticise any mahaan mahapursh for the way they instructed the sangat. If we can develop even a fraction of the amount of love and bhagti they had for the Guru then we will indeed be very blessed.

Here is a very clear explanation made by Sant Baba Isher Singh Ji (Rare Wale) written up by Sant Baba Waryam Singh ji in his book Discourses on the Beyond vol 3 which covers everything that has been mentioned by posters.

attachicon.gifSCAN0076.jpg

attachicon.gifSCAN0077.jpg

attachicon.gifSCAN0078.jpg

:respect:

Do you also have reference to what I have written above from Sant Waryam Singh ji?

I don't think any one of us has any right to criticise any mahaan mahapursh for the way they instructed the sangat. If we can develop even a fraction of the amount of love and bhagti they had for the Guru then we will indeed be very blessed.

Here is a very clear explanation made by Sant Baba Isher Singh Ji (Rare Wale) written up by Sant Baba Waryam Singh ji in his book Discourses on the Beyond vol 3 which covers everything that has been mentioned by posters and a mahapursh's perspective which we fail to understand.

attachicon.gifSCAN0076.jpg

attachicon.gifSCAN0077.jpg

attachicon.gifSCAN0078.jpg

Thank you for that, it's a very positive confirmation !!

What's amazing about meditation and simran is that He gives you the answers and intuition to guide you the correct way.

I heard in a divaan about 5 smaadhis. After the 5th smaadhi one can get Brahm Giaan. Each smaadhi consists is of 3.5 hours of continuous concentration on a Shabd (say Gurmantar). Concentration technique is trying to concentrate 12 sec continuously and repeating this till you can do this continuously for minutes and hours. I remember after one such samaadhi you can see Gurbani in Guru Granth Sahib taking shapes and you can have darshan of all 10 paathsahi from SGGS ji. One lesson of course is to refrain from using super natural powers attained during the process as they will not let you go further... May be Neo Singh or GPS can explain in detail what the achievements are after each of the smaadhis.

Khalsa ji

Naam simran is a slow process.One should to get up early morning and after ishnan should sit for sometime by uttering gurmantra waheguru with focus

on attribute of waheguru. Waheguru means God is great.

To begin with you should speak word waheguru so that your ears can hear.Split it into two parts wahe and guru.That means while enhaling wahe and exhaling

say Guru. Do it everyday and it will have effect.

It is difficult to concentrate in the beginning but slowly you will get concentration and also anand. Start with five minutes and then slowly increase timing.

You can even write word "Waheguru" , paste it in front of you to see if your eyes are open and focus on that.

Start with this and also i will post a series of written notes from Bhai Veer singh ji on this topic that were noted by visitors who visited him

for guidance on simran.

akhin staguru dekhna

Sarvani sunana gur nao

SGGS ji

Keep in chardhi kala.Do not worry about getting powers as that is not aim of a gursikh.