3Ho White Sikhs Vs Non-3Ho White Sikhs

Why has admin not closed this disgusting and racist thread yet? Or does admin need a point by point rebuttal to point out the filthy and depraved comments made, against God, the great Guru ji and his sikhs?

Please stop hating and ask God for guidance. I will pray specifically for your souls.

Waheguru ji ka Khalsa Waheguru ji ki Fateh

Why has admin not closed this disgusting and racist thread yet? Or does admin need a point by point rebuttal to point out the filthy and depraved comments made, against God, the great Guru ji and his sikhs?

Please stop hating and ask God for guidance. I will pray specifically for your souls.

Waheguru ji ka Khalsa Waheguru ji ki Fateh

Haven't you gathered that no one really likes them here?

I have some basic questions - if somebody knows the answers - Was this way of preaching/worshipping Taught by Yogi Harbhajan Singh or this is something which they have come up of their own?

I have got some books pdf from Gursant Singh alleging Yogi Harbhajan to be an Indian Agent sent by Nehru to misguide or misinterpret the way of Sikhism in Western world... Don't know the truth really, The book mention Yogi's way as really mysterious ...

VHS = ^^^ Maybe they're just lost in masti, like the qalandhars of old?

UK = I totally disagree with some of their beliefs but I agree with you VHS Paji that we should have the maturity to accept that others connect with God spiritually via a different way than we as Punjabi's are accustomed to.

Jonny = I don't think this sounds wrong. Nothing wrong with jones or smith If it is their last name, they should keep it. Khalsa is not suppose to be the last name, it never has been historically either. Even in India, the non Punjabi Sikhs who live all over India, they keep their last name or change it to the name of their village or area, but never Khalsa. I see nothing wrong if tommorow a Christian or Muslim were to become a Sikh, why should they change their last name? they are changing their religion not ethnicity.

UK = Paji in an ideal world if we could see equality in everyone (instead of bakhre bakhre Gurdware with exclusionary Committees) as Guru Sahib ordained, then perhaps I'd agree with you that people keeping their village name or original European surname would not be too harmful, however their was a strong and indisputable reason behind why Guru Sahib ordained the disregard for Gotra nomenclatrure at the founding of the Khalsa Panth and the use of Singh and Kaur. Agreed that Khalsa cannot be a hereditary surname and should only be used by an active Amritdhari GurSikh.

punjabi sikhs shave daily ...and somehow do so without doing bedbi?? I'm not condoning the dance or saying it is acceptable in that context, but my limited education tells me swaying to music is less offensive than a daily shave.

Gurpreet14 this is not directed at you. It is at all of us...

More important than the specifics of the small talk is that we look at our own limitations, chinese, gora, punjabi etc. all of US and speak with respect. If this forum is a Sikh forum it is one without race and there is no "they" based on race. The majority of the comments are obviously punjabi-based. Punjabis like gorays are severely limited by cultural lenses. I must say punjabi's do a better job of staying stuck there. There is a great deal that is not only tolerated but not even seen in Punjabi sikh culture which could be considered bedbi.

It is normal to be uncomfortable when seeing certain practices. From there however, one should look at ones own limitations and only then speak with respect to or about others to further education and mutual understanding.

The first thing I see is not people dancing. I first see a room full of independent thinkers of whom I am jealous. I am jealous because unlike those people, I have no way of knowing that I would have the intelligence and strength to be a revolutionary that would go against the grain and seek Sikhi if I was not born in a Sikh family. I then don't see people who are not wiling to learn, I see people who are abandoned and shunned by the punjabi society that could learn so much with them.

UK = Well said above Paji

Mani = This <banned word filter activated> see's no problem with homosexuality. He should be shot.

UK = As a doctor surely you realise that in certain cases homosexuality is genetic (or arguably as a consequence of a child's upbringing), in much way that thousands of animals are also naturally born homosexual. It's a shame you feel that way as homosexuals have been at the forefront of supporting anti-discrimination legislation which has helped Sikhs, so it's shame you feel that they can't be accorded basic dignity as human beings.

It funny that if we see 3HO moving around to a rhythm whilst saying 'waheguru' we get offended, but we would rather see our sisters and mothers dancing to ''nach bhabiyee'' or ''lak no halladay'' !!!

Yeh it's fine to dance sexy in front of your brother in law and wave your booty whilst clapping and singing gandhiyah boliyan !!!

UK = Agree with you Lucky Paji

I find it ironic that someone with alias - "doctor" mani would encourage people to be shot just because of different beliefs. The very premises of being doctor to save a life not take a life. Even hardcore terrorist/criminal/war criminal is a "patient" in doctor eyes during operation.

May be for above poster, it be nice to have a refresher ethic course of being a "doctor" first let alone being sikh of Guru Maharaj at the first place.!!

UK = Agree with you N30 Paji

3HO = money making scheme for hippy types

after the nasha of the hippy days wore off and these american hipper families started to look for ways to make money away from the lifestyles of their traditional Christian / Jewish strict family upbringings.

Recently there was court battle between the owners of one of the powerful companies that yogi bajan's people owned. And startling and shocking facts came out that one of the white chairmen of the 3HO organisation whose surname was Khalsa declared to the court he was a non-sikh.

So if non-sikhs (many who are of pagan, jewish and christian background) are disguising themselves as Sikhs to sell a brand and products to the gullible american white folk on a financial basis then are they making a mockery of our faith? Or are they indirectly promoting Sikhism and helping Sikhi grow within america and around the world?

In my eyes its a 50/50 situation, they maybe using Sikhi for their own financial ends but if it helps Sikhism grow within americas then why not let them carry on as they are.

UK = I agree with your analysis Genie Paji, however, my strong belief (even though I disagree with theirs) is that their presence in overall terms is beneficial for wider PR for the Panth and we should concentrate on ironing out certain misguided beliefs they hold with pyaar and respectful communication rather than the Muslim Sharia "kill them" approach as advocated by Mani.

• 3 years later...