I Need To Lose 70 Pounds !

You have to consume less calories then you burn to lose weight. It is really that simple. You can google calorie calculator and figure out how many calories you burn each day. Then start tracking your calories intake each day( i recommend using myfitnesspal). If you go into a caloric deficit of like 500 calories/day, you can lose about 1 pound a week( since a pound of fat = 3500 calories). Start with 500 and then you can adjust it according to your goals.You can also exercise and add more cardio so that you burn more calories each day.

waheguru ji...try to cut down on sugar and salt.....drink more water as it'll help empty extra fat inside......drinking less water tend to make fat more solid and permanent.....make this a daily habit.....

also drink - squeez a lemon in 1 glass "warm to hot" water empty stomach every morning....

Another thing that assist in rapid weight loss is freezing water showers or baths - activates brown cells which in turn kick starts metabolism.

Also do something simple like I try to climb 20 floors every day or a brisk 30 minute walk.

Also consume 7-8 cups of green tea every day.

If you follow all of the above, you can see 3-4 lbs coming off a week.

It's not impossible, just difficult.

Try using myfitnesspal for logging food intake. It's surprising to see how much people eat when they record it. As above, you need to be in a calorie deficit. The above website/iphone app helps guide you as to how much to eat by limiting your calorie intake. More importantly, it recalculates your calorie intake as you drop your weight. A lot of diets don't adjust for this so you reach a plateau. But don't focus purely on calories or you could get away with eating a tub of ice-cream. Look at low GI foods.

It's a bit more extreme but quite a few people have lost weight through the intermittent fasting diet. You eat 500kcals for two non-consecutive days. That basically amounts to 2 roti and sabji to eat (preferably in one go) as your only meal in 24 hours. The idea isn't to lose weight (it's a side effect!) but to live longer. Read up on it first.

Exercising is important. Look at progressive exercises - no one expects you to run a marathon straight away. Look at the couch to 5k program (c25k) which is what I used to get me running.

Be careful with your caffeine intake - I've seen people develop palpitations and headaches because they consume so much.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

• Topics

• yeh it's true, we shouldn't be lazy and need to learn jhatka shikaar. It doesn't help some of grew up in surrounding areas like Slough and Southall where everyone thought it was super bad for amrit dharis to eat meat, and they were following Sant babas and jathas, and instead the Singhs should have been normalising jhatka just like the recent world war soldiers did. We are trying to rectifiy this and khalsa should learn jhatka.  But I am just writing about bhog for those that are still learning rehit. As I explained, there are all these negative influences in the panth that talk against rehit, but this shouldn't deter us from taking khanda pahul, no matter what level of rehit we are!
    • How is it going to help? The link is of a Sikh hunter. Fine, but what good does that do the lazy Sikh who ate khulla maas in a restaurant? By the way, for the OP, yes, it's against rehit to eat khulla maas.
    • Yeah, Sikhs should do bhog of food they eat. But the point of bhog is to only do bhog of food which is fit to be presented to Maharaj. It's not maryada to do bhog of khulla maas and pretend it's OK to eat. It's not. Come on, bro, you should know better than to bring this Sakhi into it. Is this Sikh in the restaurant accompanied by Guru Gobind Singh ji? Is he fighting a dharam yudh? Or is he merely filling his belly with the nearest restaurant?  Please don't make a mockery of our puratan Singhs' sacrifices by comparing them to lazy Sikhs who eat khulla maas.
    • Seriously?? The Dhadi is trying to be cute. For those who didn't get it, he said: "Some say Maharaj killed bakras (goats). Some say he cut the heads of the Panj Piyaras. The truth is that they weren't goats. It was she-goats (ਬਕਰੀਆਂ). He jhatka'd she-goats. Not he-goats." Wow. This is possibly the stupidest thing I've ever heard in relation to Sikhi.
    • Instead of a 9 inch or larger kirpan, take a smaller kirpan and put it (without gatra) inside your smaller turban and tie the turban tightly. This keeps a kirpan on your person without interfering with the massage or alarming the masseuse. I'm not talking about a trinket but rather an actual small kirpan that fits in a sheath (you'll have to search to find one). As for ahem, "problems", you could get a male masseuse. I don't know where you are, but in most places there are professional masseuses who actually know what they are doing and can really relieve your muscle pains.

Important Information

Terms of Use