Sign in to follow this  
MaiVelleeHaan

I Need To Lose 70 Pounds !

So how do I do this guys ? It seems so hard and impossible. I don't think I'll be able to do it, I remember my dad once said awhile back that if I lose weight then he will give me $5000 lol I was like :O haha I mean not even money got me working to lose weight, I feel so trapped :(

I need your advice guys!

• Like 3

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

You have to consume less calories then you burn to lose weight. It is really that simple. You can google calorie calculator and figure out how many calories you burn each day. Then start tracking your calories intake each day( i recommend using myfitnesspal). If you go into a caloric deficit of like 500 calories/day, you can lose about 1 pound a week( since a pound of fat = 3500 calories). Start with 500 and then you can adjust it according to your goals.You can also exercise and add more cardio so that you burn more calories each day.

waheguru ji...try to cut down on sugar and salt.....drink more water as it'll help empty extra fat inside......drinking less water tend to make fat more solid and permanent.....make this a daily habit.....

also drink - squeez a lemon in 1 glass "warm to hot" water empty stomach every morning....

Edited by tuhintuhin

Become a complete vegan (no animal products - dairy/eggs/ meat) - all the fat will start to come off without much effort - it happened to me and many others I advised to go vegan.

Dairy is highly insulinogenic and therefore results in fat synthesis every time its consumed.

• Like 1

Another thing that assist in rapid weight loss is freezing water showers or baths - activates brown cells which in turn kick starts metabolism.

Also do something simple like I try to climb 20 floors every day or a brisk 30 minute walk.

Also consume 7-8 cups of green tea every day.

If you follow all of the above, you can see 3-4 lbs coming off a week.

It's not impossible, just difficult.

Try using myfitnesspal for logging food intake. It's surprising to see how much people eat when they record it. As above, you need to be in a calorie deficit. The above website/iphone app helps guide you as to how much to eat by limiting your calorie intake. More importantly, it recalculates your calorie intake as you drop your weight. A lot of diets don't adjust for this so you reach a plateau. But don't focus purely on calories or you could get away with eating a tub of ice-cream. Look at low GI foods.

It's a bit more extreme but quite a few people have lost weight through the intermittent fasting diet. You eat 500kcals for two non-consecutive days. That basically amounts to 2 roti and sabji to eat (preferably in one go) as your only meal in 24 hours. The idea isn't to lose weight (it's a side effect!) but to live longer. Read up on it first.

Exercising is important. Look at progressive exercises - no one expects you to run a marathon straight away. Look at the couch to 5k program (c25k) which is what I used to get me running.

Be careful with your caffeine intake - I've seen people develop palpitations and headaches because they consume so much.

With fasting you will lose lean muscle - not desirable - the lean muscle mass is your furnace for burning fat

also all the weight you lost with fasting , you will put it right back up - unless you permanently modify lifestyle and diet.

Yeah, intermittent fasting works great because it give your body more time to burn fat, since you will be on an empty stomach for most of the day. It will keep your sugar levels way down and so your body won't have to secrete as much insulin, which leads to fat storage as said earlier. However, you still have to be in a deficit for IF to work. the most popular version of IF is you eat all you calories in a 8 hour window( it can be whatever works best for you, for ex 2-10PM) and you fast for 16 hours/day. It is totally doable since you should be sleeping like 8 hours anyway, so that only leaves 8 hours. I know many people that have done it like that and have lost a bunch of weight fast. That said, you should still refrain from junk food, coke etc as they consist of mostly empty calories and have little nutritional value. Good luck!

Guest SantKhalsa007

Take 5% advance of your dad's promised money and then visit a nutritionist.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa !! Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh !!

Waheguru ji,

i lost 4" of tummy after i stopped eating any thing from outside from past 10 months.

and ofcourse , i do taekwondo and gatka along with it.

join taekwondo , eat only home food its the best + bibek .

LOL I think my problem is lack of exercise also I don't drink water and I end up starving myself cuz in the morning I always get late so I skip breakfast and I don't take lunch with me so when I finally get home I eat after 8 hours make it 16 hours cuz of sleeping lol. I think my eating habits are better then most people with my weight and everything cuz I don't have blood pressure problems or sugar problems but yeah if I don't lose my weight then I could get problems. I'm trying to exercise but it's hard to get time. I think I'm going to buy a skipping rope and do some ropes at home and play badminton or something with my sister go for walks maybe go to the gym lol I only went like 4 times haha and I'm paying 50 bucks a month for nothing what a waste of money lol. I wanna do weight training but I think I'm just gonna get muscles and gain more weight. I wanna go swimming but I haven't swam in years and I'm too scared to try it out lol haha what if I drown LOL that's gonna be baisti haha else I woulda just done 20 laps in the pool and gotten good exercise and it's fun. But yeah my friend told me to just eat fruit and everything well actually he said that I should just have one big meal a day and like fruit and veggies too and I was like :O u wanna kill me lol I told him breakfast is really important and so he just told me fine eat 3 apples and 2 bananas in the morning for breakfast lol I can't eat that much haha lol especially fruit lol. But I ate 2 apples for breakfast sometimes just one and then yeah I basically ate fruit and starved myself and I lost 10 pounds in a week ! LOL I can't do that for the rest of my life though. He told me to exercise and diet and I don't know how to do that. I've always wanted to do boxing lol even though I'm a girl lol I think it's pretty cool but I went on a website and ok like wow they have intense training so I just left it.

Edited by jaspreetkauruppal