I Don't Know Why I Feel This Way

Guest Gupt

Guest Gupt

WJKK WJKF

I know there have been a lot of similar posts as mine on this forum probably. But I feel very restless all the time I don't know why. Its causing me to fight with my close ones and its really impacted them. I end up acting on whim a lot and end up hurting others. And it all leads back to my restlessness. I have everything I need I have a good family, I go to Uni, I have a couple good friends. But I end up feeling like I'm lacking something in life. I try to go to sangat as much as I can. But I just don't understand how to control my anger and emotions. And how to feel better about life and how to feel happier.

I always feel very empty. And I get really impacted when someone says something negative about me. How do I change that about myself?

I want to start doing path and get closer to Sikhi.

I want to know where to start though. I know Gurbani will give me the peace of mind I need but I don't know where to begin.

Has anyone else felt the same way before?

begin from Japji sahib....

Start going to Gurudwara... talk less to people ..... be calm when something hurts you... don't respond just escape from that place....

involve urself in those things which makes u happy.. like playing games... listening music... stop getting involve with elders,,,,,,,,

Start moving away from all those things which makes you sad...... n start reading bani and visiting Gurdwara,,,,,,

If Japji Sahib will be difficult for you to start with then start with Chaupai Sahib,.... It will help....

Ive felt the same way for many years...i always felt like i didnt fit in anywhere and felt so lonely like i needed someone to talk to...it gets you frustrated to the point that you end up being angry at your family members etc...

After a long time i came to understand with a bit of help that there were some underlying issues that stops you from being you...

Talk to someone close even if you dont want to...just try it and just talk about how you feel...it helps alot.

Also people will always be negative in life...its your mind just doing overtime...dont fight your thoughts...just try and understand why its impacted you and think you are a unique individual and everyone will have negative points about them...so take it on the chin and dont worry about it because your not going to change yourself over somebodys comment.

Regarding sikhi...take it slowly...it is a path which could lead us to wonderful things but we have to be patient and take things a step at a time...and i would say...ARDAS...He will surely listen to you...

I truly struggle with my sikhi...but someone i dearly respect tells me dont stop doing ardas because He is listening...just have a little faith

Start with Japji Sahib and Ardas

I do hope this helps and i do whole heartedly apologise if i have made assumptions about your feelings

I always used to feel like that... Maybe you just need to read a little bit of gurbani, Random things are the best, Thats what worked for me... Try a site called kirtan lovers... theres alot of gurbani on there...I rember listening to kirtan... PLaying outloud in my room... It gives you something to think about becuase you want to know what the menaing of the shabad is... Thats always somewhere to start...

Theres something missing in your life... I think you have taken a very good step by coming onto the forum and asking sangat... Its Mahraj Your missing and kirtan is your Way to start :respect:

Welcome :giggle:

Ive felt the same way for many years...i always felt like i didnt fit in anywhere and felt so lonely like i needed someone to talk to...it gets you frustrated to the point that you end up being angry at your family members etc...

After a long time i came to understand with a bit of help that there were some underlying issues that stops you from being you...

Talk to someone close even if you dont want to...just try it and just talk about how you feel...it helps alot.

Also people will always be negative in life...its your mind just doing overtime...dont fight your thoughts...just try and understand why its impacted you and think you are a unique individual and everyone will have negative points about them...so take it on the chin and dont worry about it because your not going to change yourself over somebodys comment.

Regarding sikhi...take it slowly...it is a path which could lead us to wonderful things but we have to be patient and take things a step at a time...and i would say...ARDAS...He will surely listen to you...

I truly struggle with my sikhi...but someone i dearly respect tells me dont stop doing ardas because He is listening...just have a little faith

Start with Japji Sahib and Ardas

I do hope this helps and i do whole heartedly apologise if i have made assumptions about your feelings

its Waheguru ji parraring (pulling) you towards sikhi, i believe everyone has something like this happen to them at some point in their lives and many people have already said here they have had similar feelings, others have health problems, relationship problems, the list goes on, this is my opinion and thinking. Praying and ardas is the only way because we can do nothing else but ask for mercy and forgiveness and help. I speak from my own experiences only.

Hi,

I feel exactly like you at the best of times. I honestly do feel that the only thing that helped me was Simran. I would and still try to listen (and join in) to simran in the mornings, at night and even whilst driving.

Theres also some free apps you can download on your iPhone. I'd recommend Sikh Sangeet and Tuhi Tuhi.

Another thing that helped me is actually reading some of the posts in the Sikh Sakhiyan sections of this site. I started from the end and started working my way backwards. There are some very inspiring/motivating posts on there :)