Discussing Islam And Pakistan - Pakistanipunjabi's Posts Moved

JSinghnz

Keep your biased and nonsensical opinion to yourself.

My comment isn't biased nor nonsensical. I've described what I saw...

Come to Northern California and see it by yourself if you don't believe me. I have lived here, studied here with Sikhs etc. I know. I'm not saying it about all Sikhs..but about only those who have this 'gangsa wanna be' attitude and there's alot of them..

What do your pakistani punjabi youth do other then becoming qualified swindlers, thugs, sex groomers and finally

jail bait. :lol2:

Well sex-groomers? thugs? Probably you live in U.K and talking about there? I've never been there so I won't comment. Here in USA, things are different...You won't have many cases where Pakistanis are involved in sex-grooming.

Also, sex-groomers of U.K aren't youth most of time..they are grown old men and hence are called "groomers" ....

Punjabi bro, those in glass houses should not throw stones. Compared to the problems of criminal activity relating to the Pakistani youth in the UK, these North American Sikh youth are nothing or a foot note at best. From forming criminal gangs, dealing drugs, sexually exploiting and prostituting under aged girls, the Pakistani youth do it all. Why do you think so many British Sikhs here are so apprehensive about Pakistanis and began attacking you on the other thread?

Some Sikh youth go through a faze during their teenage years where they become aggressive and get into some fights *WOW BIG DEAL*. But they straighten up by their mid 20s, eventually becoming productive members of society in the country they live in. I think the problem of the Sikh youth is their lack of religious observance. Too many are influenced by the hip hop culture mixed with negative aspects of Pendu Punjabi culture.

As for Gurdwara fights, yes it happens. It's unfortunate that it happens because it shouldn't. But atleast no one dies. but Pakistanis are known to literally blow up each other's masjids and kill fellow Muslims in Masjids just because they are Shia, Ahmadis, barelvi or some other Islamic sect. Thank Vaheguru, we don't have such problems in our community. Strangely of all Muslims in the world, this happens most commonly amongst Pakistani Muslims than non Pakistani Muslims. So it is not Pakistanis that should be looking down on Sikhs, but the other way around.

Very valid points.

But only one thing : Bombings of Mosques isn't a "community" problem but a political struggle...Pakistan is going through a kind of civil war right now...Talibans don't bomb Shia mosques only..they bomb Sunni, Shia, Sufi...whatever mosques.

It is lonngggggggggggggggggg struggle that Islam is facing..from the very beginning, there is a kind of civil war within Islam. Sometimes I get amazed that how a religion that is in the state of a kind of civil war for centuries became so successful and spread throughout the world..and is keep on going Mashallah..with all the problems. If any other religion or ideological force had faced problems like this, it would've crumbled longggggggg ago!

I think since Islam came from tribal origins..it is more prone to civil war AND at the same time, it can handle civil war better than others....Anyways, may Allah grant Muslims some 'aqal'...

I talked what I saw/see here in U.S....in U.K, I'm sure things are different. U.K Pakistanis seem really strange people to be honest..Not to be racist, but majority of UK Pakistanis aren't Punjabi but Mirpuris...probably thats why they have more problems than Punjabis? :/

What do you say about this (btw this went viral over the Internet not too long ago and is pretty much true)...

Yeah, I have read this too. It is stupid and gullible.

Who told you that Muslims don't blame their leadership for their miseries? Also, that post is just for kids..made by kids...I don't take such generalizing propaganda seriously.

Let me add, I grew up all my life in the Middle East (birthplace of Islam) and throughout I've had Muslims (Indian Muslims, Pakistani Punjabi Muslims, Pakistani non-Punjabi Muslims etc) as very close friends. Not too sure where you grew up (you said California?) and how many Sikh buddies you've had. So I am just guessing that your conclusions about Sikhs and Sikhism are stemming from your own personal experiences (good/bad) with those who (as per your definition) are Sikhs, or what you heard from elders at home?

I don't make any conclusions about Sikhs etc. I just said that what sikhs in MY area do..thats it.

Just a question, and not sure if you're the best person to ask, but lets give it a try. Is it true that Pakistan is ruled by Punjabi Sunni Muslims (or should I say Punjabi Sunni armed forces?), and anyone who is (a.) non-Punjabi, and/or (b.) non-Sunni is pretty much doomed there?

I am the right person to ask anything :D

Well, its wrong. Lets take last fifteen years of Pakistan..

for 10 years, a SINDHI Army general (Gen. Musharraf) ruled Pakistan...

and then, a SINDHI Shia ruled Pakistan for next 5 years... (Asif Ali Zardari)

So to say that only sunni punjabis dominate Pakistan and others are doomed is a factually wrong statement to make as I proved.

But yeah, majority of Pakistanis are Punjabi and sunnis and hence you'll see them playing a big role..which is only natural..

Also, Pakistani armed forces aren't Punjabi armed forces. There many Pashtun, Sindhi Generals in Pakistan Army...

There are two contenders for next Chief of Army Staff position, after Kiyani retires....

One is Punjabi (Gen. Haroon Aslam) and the other one is Pashtun (Lt. Gen Tariq Khan) ...

I personally hope General Haroom Aslam becomes the next commander of Pakistan Army. Lt. Gen Tariq Khan, though a very competent commander, has a reputation of being toooo much pro-U.S. This goes against him.

Gen. Haroon Aslam is a man of honor that leads his troops from the front. Also, he doesn't have the reputation of being a "secular". He is seemingly very pro-Islam and this goes well as he'll be leading the largest Muslim military in the region!

Here is Gen. Haroon sitting with soldiers...This is what the leadership looks like!!! (Gen. Haroon is the man first from right1 The bald man with glasses)...

538782_330862600318343_134734949931110_8

So Punjabis don't just dominate everything..but yeah, a better balance is needed in the country for sure..Punjab is just too heavy compared to other provinces.

Not sure if you've heard about these guys, but I would like to know your opinion on people like Zaid Hamid (self-proclaimed defense analyst), Hassan Nisar (activist and author), Najam Sethi (activist, author, acting chief minister of Punjab province), Tarek Fateh (anti Jihad activist based in Canada), etc. If you don't have an idea, please watch their videos on YouTube

I have heard all of them..

Lets see

Zaid Hamid : Motivational speaker, talks delusions.

Hassan Nisar : Reasonable intellectual. Subcontinent needs people like him.

Najam Sethi : Piece of sh!t. Part of same elite that have ruined the lives of our people. indians like him b/c he talks favorably of india..but he is nothing more than a Western lackey. Works for an American Think Tank too lol..

Tariq Fateh : interesting guy. Some of his views are unconventional and offers an interesting insight in Muslim politics in Subcontinent, creation of Pakistan etc. Over-all, he is just tooooooooooo biased against anything related to Islam. So, not worth much time.

The Taliban came into being during the mid 90s in Afghanistan. The Pakistani Taliban(TTP) came into existence after 9/11. But even before that in the 80s way before the Taliban era, it was common for Masjids to be bombed. The Ahmadis being killed and persecuted has also been going on for decades too.

Yes, sectarianism is there...but it wasn't as bad at all.

How many mosques got attacked in 1990's? Very, very few.

This only goes up when ever there is a big war happening in the region (in 2000's, America is fighting the war. Before, in 1980's, Russians were)...

Pakistan could have been a great country. They had the best part of Punjab. They got Lahore and Karachi which were amongst the best cities in India at the time. Sadly by bowing to extremists like Jamat e Islami they have gotten to the state it is in right now. Even now, Pakistan had a good chance of a bright future if they had elected a clean and dignified guy like Imran Khan, but instead they elected Nawaz Sharif who during the 90s looted Pakistan almost as the Bhuttos did before him.

I know!!!! I, like majority of other over-seas Pakistanis, were supporting PTI and Imran Khan! But thanks to foreign powers, military establishment, massive rigging, and mentally slave Punjabis..Nawaz came back to power.

Well, PTI won one state (KPK) and we have government there..Also, since there is a PTI threat now, Nawaz will definitly work for Pakistan. I hope he performs well this time Inshallah!!

Like rest of Islamic World, Pakistan is also going through a political transformation..and new/better leadership is coming up....Pseudo western lackey so-called 'secular' forces are being defeated and Pro-Islam forces have swept the Islamic World. Islamic Revolution in Iran, Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt, Al Nahda (another Islamic party) in Tunisia, Mahatir Muhammad and his revolution of Malaysia, Libya, Indonesia, Syria etc etc..You just name it..Pro-Islam national forces have gained political power. Even in Pakistan, PTI and Pakistan Muslim League (Nawaz) are center-right, pro-Islam forces and so-called idiotic "secular" forces like ANP, PPP, and MQM have faced defeat in last elections..Future is bright for Pakistanis and Muslims Inshallah!

Jamat-e-Islami and so-called fake "seculars" are faces of same coin. Both are extremely idiots. PPP's government was worst in Pak's history...

Nawaz Shareef is atleast better than Asif Ali Zardari :biggrin2:

But Imran Khan was the best leader!!!! I'm sad that he couldn't come to power...