Kartar Singh Jhabbar

GPS

could he give a detailed explanation of just what happened between nihangs and sgpc during the time of the gurdwara reform movement and afterwards? i've also heard that sgpc tried to grab gurdwaras from non-nihang mahapurkhs. could he go into that?

did bhai kartar singh jhabbar have any role in any of this?

Kartar Singh jhabbar was a martyr made out of a *Edited*. he is the one who sent women to take control of akal takhat from baba kaladhari.

He pierced Dasam Granth sahib with a spear and threw it out from window. Jhabbar role was always of violence and take credit for things that he did not do.

Kartar Singh jhabbar was a martyr made out of a goonda. he is the one who sent women to take control of akal takhat from

baba kaladhari.

He pierced Dasam Granth sahib with a spear and threw it out from window. Jhabbar role was always of violence and take credit for

things that he did not do.

Veerji, normally I fully agree with you. But not with this. Kartar Singh Jhabbar was a hero of the Panth who had liberated the Gurdwaras from the Pujaris. and Mahants. The Akalis themselves were believers in Dasam Bani, I highly doubt that such an important leader of the Akalis would have done such a beadbi of the Dasam Granth and the Panth would still be following him. It just cannot happen. Maybe now some people(maybe Nihangs probably) may have made this story up to make this Singh look bad and similar to Kala Afghanists of today.

Veerji, normally I fully agree with you. But not with this. Kartar Singh Jhabbar was a hero of the Panth who had liberated the Gurdwaras from the Pujaris. and Mahants. The Akalis themselves were believers in Dasam Bani, I highly doubt that such an important leader of the Akalis would have done such a beadbi of the Dasam Granth and the Panth would still be following him. It just cannot happen. Maybe now some people(maybe Nihangs probably) may have made this story up to make this Singh look bad and similar to Kala Afghanists of today.

Johny ji

What i am stating is a fact and 100 percent fact. There were charhdi kala singhs like Bhai Lachhman singh ji, Teja singh samundri. But kartar singh jhabbar was not a singh of that calibre. If you dig deeply into his life he was a lathmar.

He broke legs of Baba kaladhari a Nihung singh who was incharge of Akal takhat by sending women.Nihungs did not retaliate. Then he threw Dasam Granth sahib out.

I respect your viewpoint and i was also an admirer of jhabbar but the facts state otherwise. I did some research on his role and posted it on sikhawareness.

There are many skeletons in our closets that we find hard to believe. But facts do not change. Role of singh sabha lahore was very detrimental to freedom aspirations of sikhs as they sided with English against return of dalip singh to punjab.

http://www.sikhawareness.com/index.php/topic/11755-singh-sabha-movement/page-7

Regarding the use of women to remove the Nihangs in 1920, Narain Singh MA in his book on Kartar Singh Jhabbar, promoting the deads of the Singh Sabhas and their jatha notes:

'Jathedar Jhabbar then stepped back and motioned towards his Jatha. At this, the Khalsa, like lions arrived at the Takht. They grabbed the Nihangs and threw them down. In the Malvai Jatha, there was an 18 year old daughter of a Subedar, Bibi Bhajan Kaur who was badly beating the Nihangs and was throwing them down. The Bibi grabbed one Nihang and was dragging him by the leg but Jathedar Jhabbar released him. The Bibi who had a staff in her hands, then went and struck at Jathdar Sahib Singh and attacked him. Finally, two Singhs had to hold this Bibi back and prevent her from attacking even more.'

Theres katha of Sant Kartar Singh Bhinderanwale and Giani Thakur Singh online where they mention the great avastha of Baba Sahib Singh Kaladhari. *DELETED*

Pictures of Baba Sahib Singh Kaladhari show how heavily armed their Jatha was at the time. Anyone who believes the Singh Sabha event of this story about the Nihangs being overpowered by young women must live in a fairy land. Contemporaries of Baba Sahib Singh who were present on the day, including some who now are settled in the UK, confirm that the Nihang Singhs were ordered by Baba Sahib Singh Kaladhari not to use any violence due to the presence of Bibia in the Jatha. Those present say that as Baba Sahib Singh lay there having his leg broken by a women beating it with a staff he replied: " You are like my mother, is this the example you set your children?" Take the story either way you wish - the use of women in the Jatha is confirmed by accounts from both sides.

Narain Singhs account also mentioned that Baba Sahib Singh Kaladhari stuck his thumbprint on a document stating that the Nihangs had made a mistake and sought forgiveness from the Panth. Perhaps someone could enlighten us as to where this document is. And more interestingly why Baba Sahib Singh, who possessed a Masters Degree and served is Teehsildar (registrar) of the State of Patiala had to give a thumb print, usually a sign of illiteracy.

http://www.sikhawareness.com/index.php/topic/11755-singh-sabha-movement/page-9

"The one sided biographies of Kartar Singh Jhabbar and Teja Singh Chuharhkana etc. have caused serious misconceptions for the historians. They have made tall claims for their roles in the Akali Movement, when the truth is that the activities of Kartar Singh Jhabbar and Teja Singh Chuharhkana etc. were anti-panthic which were more beneficial for the government. Their autocratic activities which was mostly against the decisions and plans of the Shiromani Gurdwara Parbandhak Committee and Akali Dal created many problems for the Akali Movement. If we examine the history of Akali Movement closely, then we will appreciate that the whole blood-bath in the Akali morchas was caused only due to the activities of such rowdy depredators which were directed more to their self-aggrandisement rather than the benefit of the community. S. Amar Singh Jhubal had always asserted that all the bloody disturbances and massacres in Tarn Taran, Nankana Sahib and Guru ka Bagh morchas were caused only due to the activities of Jhabbar and Bhuchar etc. against the decisions of Shiromani Gurdwara Parbandhak Committee and Akali Dal. Had this group of pugnacious grabbers synchronized their activities with the plans of the Shiromani Gurdwara Parbandhak Committee and Akali Dal, then all these gurdwaras could have been liberated in reconciliation and without unnecessary bloodbath.""

(as described by Sardar Amar Singh Jhubal1)

Bhai Aridaman Singh Jhubal

International Institute of Sikh Studies,

That is what happened at akal takhat.had he not used women Nihungs would have retaliated.

Tony guy is anti Dasam Granth one on that forum.He is lying without any ref.

Whereas there are references about Jhabbar role.Akal takhat was under nihungs and admin part

of Harmandir sahib was under sarabrah.

Then jhabbar also broke maryada having stopped kirtan at harmandir sahib and delivered a speech.

I haven't written anything against Dasam Granth. You are just spreading misinformation. You've been countered on the SA forum four years ago. There are no reference about the Akal Takht having a Nihang Jathedar in 1920. You only provided reference to the Nihangs being at Akal Takht in the 1830s. How would you feel if someone said today that Sikhs are the rulers of Lahore in 2013 because the Sikhs were ruling there in 1845?

I urge others to read the full thread on SA. It is an eye opener which shows how these sanatan fools are trying to rewrite Sikh history.

You have been on record having passed anti dasam bani observations on that forum. You may have changed your stand now.

Your telling that Nihungs were not in Akal takhat till 1920 is to subvert historical facts. I have given there account of European travellers in that thread showing that Nihungs still were in control of akal takhat after Baba Phoola singh ji.What else you want?

1920 is not far off?it is verifiable period and no one should be in denial o fNihung presence at akal takhat.Have you been to Amritsar? There is Burj akali phoola singh still near to darbar sahib. I am at Amritsar these days and can rebut your claim after reasearch from akal takhat archives which still have scores of Dasam Granth manuscripts.