Status Of Women In Different Religions - Say Thanks To God To Make To Sikh Women

Gurpreet14

^ ISingh..if you are gonna post this *edited*..then you'll be added to my list and I won't reply to you anymore. Stop this copy-paste crap and have some shame.

Or should I start 'copy-pasting' Christian missionary stuff regard These are the words use by christian missionaries. All of your copy-pasting comes directly or indirectly from christian missionary polemics against Islam...so you will also accept christian missionary view of your faith, right?

Posting translations without context? Grow up...and stop replying to me. I don't have time of *edited*.

Btw, you quoted Qur'an 2:223 "Your women are your fields, so go into your fields whichever way you like" ..Can you quote verses 2:220 to 2:225? have you read them? Guess what? you haven't..cuz you are an inferiority-complex stricken sikh who doesn't want any rational dialogue but just tries to put down Islam to feel better about your own faith...sad.

Mod Edit- If you edit your post and re-add the bad words and insults, you will be banned from this website, is that understood? Also, please provide the quote where a Christian missionary calls Sikhi filthy by word? Sikhs don't get defensive if someone mocks or criticizes our ideology, we will make logical retorts in a cool fashion. Who knows, if someone is sincere maybe we can learn something from the brother or sister.

Also, you only seem to reply to the people who copy paste questionable verses, but ignore level minded replies made by various people in many threads. That would leave many people to think you don't have replies to their observations.

Also, many Atheists and Muslim apostates have similar interpretations to the website above. Are they also Christian propagandists?

I've deleted the 'objectionable' interpretations, but you haven't really made a proper reply and instead began to name call.

From now on I will delete any copy pasters from propaganda/anti Islamic websites those that mods/admins deem to be unfair representations and interpretations.

Dear Pakistani Punjabi Brother,

My knowledge on Islam/Muslims is very less, however what ever it is, is mostly coming from these sort of URLs / Videos, and one of the URL is below -

http://www.answering-islam.org/Authors/Wood/women.htm

The Facts on this URL might be totally wrong, hence please provide your views with specific quotes from various Islamic texts refuting the facts listed in this URL. Please provide factual quotes and not just statements.

HAHAHAHAHA..David Wood? A Christian missionary? AnsweringIslam? The biggest anti-Islamic christian missionary site?

Well, if you consider this as "knowledge" than pity on you. Can't you tell that these guys will OBVIOUSLY be anti-Islamic because its their job?

We have our own version of this site.. it is called www.Answering-Christianity.com ...it is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy bigger than answeringIslam site... Here's something good..

http://www.answering-christianity.com/women.htm

Here's something even better..

Comparison of women rights in Islam and Christianity..side by side...

http://answeringchristian.wordpress.com/2011/02/22/womans-status-in-bible-and-quran/

This is just a start..I can post trillions of such other links..the point is..are you THAT naive that you'll "learn" about Islam from sites like these? In this case, you don't want to learn..you just want to have enough knowledge as to why not to believe on Islam...

If you really want to learn Islam..then learn it from actual sources (whether Muslim or non-Muslim etc)....

When I learned Christianity..I didn't do it own http://Answering-Christianity.com .... I read their scholars, theologians, saw debates, spent time talking to Christians and so on....If you really want to learn Islam..then I guess you have 'enough aqal' that you'd know what are the right places...and christian missionaries definitely aren't good sources to learn Islam...

Mod Edit- If you edit your post and re-add the bad words and insults, you will be banned from this website, is that understood? Also, please provide the quote where a Christian missionary calls Sikhi filthy by word? Sikhs don't get defensive if someone mocks or criticizes our ideology, we will make logical retorts in a cool fashion.

Also, you only seem to reply to the people who copy paste questionable verses, but ignore level minded replies made by various people in many threads. That would leave many people to think you don't have replies to their observations.

Also, many Atheists and Muslim apostates have similar interpretations to the website above. Are they also Christian propagandists?

I've deleted the 'objectionable' interpretations, but you haven't really made a proper reply and instead began to name call.

I reply to everyone..but if they go out of control..then I stop reply them..for example, I don't talk to proactive now..I guess isingh will be in the same category soon, if he doesn't stop posting these idi*tic posts by copy-pasting christian missionary sites..

You are willing to ban me, but not the trouble makers? hah!

Mod Edit- There is a feature called 'Report'. Please click it and report any objectionable posts with a cool, level minded reasoning as to why it's wrong and mods will delete it if appropriate just like I deleted the above post by isingh1699.

If any Sikh members make hateful remarks or insults, they will also be put into quality control or banned if they repeat their offenses.

Come on Pakistani bro u can't accuse the Quran of being the work of Christians, can you?

The Holy Quran on Women

"They ask you about menstruation. Say: 'It is an indisposition. Keep aloof from women during their menstrual periods and do not approach them until they are clean again; when they are clean, have intercourse with them whence God enjoined you....'" Quran 2:222, "The Cow,"

"Women are your fields: go, then, into your fields whence you please." Quran 2:223, "The Cow,"

"Men have authority over women because God has made the one superior to the other, and because they spend their wealth to maintain them. Good women are obedient. They guard their unseen parts because God has guarded them. As for those from whom you fear disobedience, admonish them and forsake them in beds apart, and beat them." Quran 4:34, "Women,"

"A male shall inherit twice as much as a female." Quran 4:11, "Women,"

"Call in two male witnesses from among you, but if two men cannot be found, then one man and two women whom you judge fit to act as witnesses..." Quran 2:282, "The Cow,"

"If you fear that you cannot treat with fairness, then you may marry other women who seem good to you: two, three, or four of them. But if you fear that you cannot maintain equality among them, marry one only or any slave-girls you may own." Quran 4:3, "Women,"

"If you are in doubt concerning those of your wives who have ceased menstruating, know that their waiting period shall be three months. The same shall apply to those [of your wives] who have not yet menstruated." Quran 65:4, "Divorce,"

Forbidden to you are married women, except those whom you own as slaves." Quran 4:24, "Women,"

^ ISingh..if you are gonna post this *edited*..then you'll be added to my list and I won't reply to you anymore. Stop this copy-paste crap and have some shame.

Or should I start 'copy-pasting' Christian missionary stuff regard These are the words use by christian missionaries. All of your copy-pasting comes directly or indirectly from christian missionary polemics against Islam...so you will also accept christian missionary view of your faith, right?

Posting translations without context? Grow up...and stop replying to me. I don't have time of *edited*.

Btw, you quoted Qur'an 2:223 "Your women are your fields, so go into your fields whichever way you like" ..Can you quote verses 2:220 to 2:225? have you read them? Guess what? you haven't..cuz you are an inferiority-complex stricken sikh who doesn't want any rational dialogue but just tries to put down Islam to feel better about your own faith...sad.

Mod Edit- If you edit your post and re-add the bad words and insults, you will be banned from this website, is that understood? Also, please provide the quote where a Christian missionary calls Sikhi filthy by word? Sikhs don't get defensive if someone mocks or criticizes our ideology, we will make logical retorts in a cool fashion. Who knows, if someone is sincere maybe we can learn something from the brother or sister.

From now on I will delete any copy pasters from propaganda/anti Islamic websites those that mods/admins deem to be unfair representations and interpretations.

Ok you say the post was edited OK fine....

So answer me then :

I have some Muslim friends I go to their home on eid coz they call me to celebrate... I am against some religions but i still luv humans.... So I have some friends in Muslims both girl and boys.

I have seen in their homes : 1) When women are having their menstruation, They are termed as impure. In ur language NAAPAK - Why?

2) Why they are not allowed to enter in Mosque? Ya i know they can visit Dargah... But y not Mazzid?

3) Why women should wear Burkha but Men are allowed to roam freely?

4) Why men is allowed to do 4 marriages ... they can keep wives simultaneously - Do u know how women feels when she sees her Husband sleeping with

other women.

5) Saying Talakh Talakh Talakh for three times ur marriage brokes... So weak is ur process which do not care about women - Where will she go and what

will she do?

6) U can get married to ur sisters and borthers - That means u cant even trust ur brother if he is staying with u?

7) U people keep women in Pardah but how many of u keep her in Pardah in Bed?

I have seen this practically - I am not saying all these on the basic of Internet information - I dont have any harsh feeling for u... But yes the system is corrupt......

If u compare this with Christains - U will see they are enjoying more freedom as compared to Islamic culture Nowaday.... In Hindus there are many restrictions on women but u

will be glad to know it is changing drastically.

I think Mandir allows women to enter and worship all the Main God and Goddess they have like Ram/Krishna/Hanuman/Mataji etc... Even i go to mandir near my home coz

its very beautiful,, No one restrict me to enter.... Yes there are some Mandirs which restricts the enterence of women but majority of them are not doing so,,,,

And About Gurudwara U know it very well.... Women are allowed to worship Guru in any way and in any situation. :D

Every religion is changing with time but yes Islam is same........!!

U know few days back i went to Dargah with my friend, She wanted to have some medicine from a pir baba...She asked me would u like to come. I said yeah Y not.. I luv to visit religious places but i dont worship i just visit to see how they praise God , I went there with her.... When we went to meet Pir ji in Dargah While my friend was busy talking about her problems with that pir..But that pir was looking at me and my kirpan. After sometime i started to stare him he was not able to look at me....When my friend suggested me to ask anything from that pir If i was having some problem that pir can solve it... I said no i dont have any problem - letz go.. while going out i looked back to that pir and he was having a expression his face which was like that if he was caught in some trouble and was relaxed as soon as we moved... I suggested my friend to go to doctor rather then pir... I am not saying that pir are not good. I am just saying that its better to pray to Allah then to make a human ur Allah :D

Ok you say the post was edited OK fine....

So answer me then :

I have some Muslim friends I go to their home on eid coz they call me to celebrate... I am against some religions but i still luv humans.... So I have some friends in Muslims both girl and boys.

I have seen in their homes :

1) When women are having their menstruation, They are termed as impure. In ur language NAAPAK - Why?

Well, any bodily material coming out from there is "unclean". For your kind information, even men are considered "NAAPAK" after intercourse or even after a wet-dream...and are required to do 'ghusal' or simply ritual bath to clean. I don't see anything wrong with that. Cleanliness should be encouraged.

2) Why they are not allowed to enter in Mosque? Ya i know they can visit Dargah... But y not Mazzid?

What? Who told you women are not allowed to enter Mosque? :wow: You see, thats the problem with having limited information. In Sub-continent, women aren't encouraged to go to mosques..I don't know why this culture developed. But in Islam, women have full right to go to mosques. In rest of Islamic World...women go to mosques every day. Even in my university masjid, girls come in big numbers every friday...

3) Why women should wear Burkha but Men are allowed to roam freely?

Who told you that women 'should' wear burka? Burka is a cultural thing..not Islamic. Islam has 'hijab' i.e dressing modestly. There are instructions on how men should dress too..

4) Why men is allowed to do 4 marriages ... they can keep wives simultaneously - Do u know how women feels when she sees her Husband sleeping with

other women.

He is only allowed to have more than one wives if he can do justice among them, which, according to some theologians, impossible. Also, in classical societies, women used to be more in numbers. If each men has one women..there would still be women left..what should we do about them? Marrying a widow (as your second wife) to provide her and her kids a supporting shoulder is considered a good deed.

5) Saying Talakh Talakh Talakh for three times ur marriage brokes... So weak is ur process which do not care about women - Where will she go and what

will she do?

Islamic Law ensures women rights, if divorced. She must be given 'haq mehar' (money) if husband decides to divorce her. She has the legal right to stay couple of months in her husbands house to know if she is pregnant or not..and if she is pregnant than its husband's duty to provide for the kid...Divorce is highly disliked by Allah though...

Don't see the problem here...

6) U can get married to ur sisters and borthers - That means u cant even trust ur brother if he is staying with u?

Cousins, not sisters and brothers... :stupidme:

7) U people keep women in Pardah but how many of u keep her in Pardah in Bed?

What do you mean by "pardah"? Does it mean that we keep them in houses? Its wrong. Majority of Islamic Cultures have women working in every sphere of life. Even Prophet's wife was a business woman. If pardah means modest dressing...well, most women choose it..

but yeah, some cultures like Pashtun culture do keep women in houses..its more of a cultural thing..

Every religion is changing with time but yes Islam is same........!!

Depends how you see it. Yes, Christianity is "changing" and has been changing since ages..and hence the proof that its not true..Real truth doesn't change..yeah it 'adapts' to its environment..I guess this is what you wanted to say, right?

U know few days back i went to Dargah with my friend, She wanted to have some medicine from a pir baba...She asked me would u like to come. I said yeah Y not.. I luv to visit religious places but i dont worship i just visit to see how they praise God , I went there with her.... When we went to meet Pir ji in Dargah While my friend was busy talking about her problems with that pir..But that pir was looking at me and my kirpan. After sometime i started to stare him he was not able to look at me....When my friend suggested me to ask anything from that pir If i was having some problem that pir can solve it... I said no i dont have any problem - letz go.. while going out i looked back to that pir and he was having a expression his face which was like that if he was caught in some trouble and was relaxed as soon as we moved... I suggested my friend to go to doctor rather then pir... I am not saying that pir are not good. I am just saying that its better to pray to Allah then to make a human ur Allah :D

Pir babas, praying to them blah blah is bs that is only found in sub-continent. You have right opinion to your friend. She should see a doctor and not pir baba...

Moderator Veer everything was from the Holy Quran so how it can be wrong?

Hating racism doesn't mean a person hates white people.

Bhul Chuk Maaf

Well since you are not educated enough, I'll tell you how its wrong....

In your last post, you quoted Qur'an 282, right? You quoted this part

""Call in two male witnesses from among you, but if two men cannot be found, then one man and two women whom you judge fit to act as witnesses..." Quran 2:282, "The Cow," "

Now here is the actual, complete verse

Qur'an, Surah 2 (The Cow), verse 282

"O you who have believed, when you contract a debt for a specified term, write it down. And let a scribe write [it] between you in justice. Let no scribe refuse to write as Allah has taught him. So let him write and let the one who has the obligation dictate. And let him fear Allah , his Lord, and not leave anything out of it. But if the one who has the obligation is of limited understanding or weak or unable to dictate himself, then let his guardian dictate in justice. And bring to witness two witnesses from among your men. And if there are not two men [available], then a man and two women from those whom you accept as witnesses - so that if one of the women errs, then the other can remind her. And let not the witnesses refuse when they are called upon. And do not be [too] weary to write it, whether it is small or large, for its [specified] term. That is more just in the sight of Allah and stronger as evidence and more likely to prevent doubt between you, except when it is an immediate transaction which you conduct among yourselves. For [then] there is no blame upon you if you do not write it. And take witnesses when you conclude a contract. Let no scribe be harmed or any witness. For if you do so, indeed, it is [grave] disobedience in you. And fear Allah . And Allah teaches you. And Allah is Knowing of all things."

http://quran.com/2/282

So what you did is that out of the whole verse, you just took one section, cut-it to match your own desires, and then copy-pasted it here...

How pathetically shameful of you for doing this to my scripture.

Do you post verses by cutting them from the middle? And this is just one example. All of your "quoted" verses are either incomplete, taken out of context, or just plainly mistranslated copy-paste from anti-Islamic sites.

@ Mods

Mods ji, shouldn't he be put under 'quality-check' for this? Should he be allowed to keep posting lies after lies regarding my faith? Taking one verse from here...then taking another verse from there...and then cutting half of one verse from some where else...while ignoring the historical context, textual context of verses...and then posting plethra of verses here on the forum...is this the way to go? Isn't this the time to put him under quality-check and "approve" his posts before publishing here? In this way, we won't have this tension filled enviroment here..b/c we'll be safe from his lies and propaganda.

I'm waiting for your answer Mods ji!!!