Shameless Punjabi Actress

JSinghnz

I totally agree with some of your observations regarding her penji but overall discussion of tattoos is bit of grey area not that back and white But coming back to the topic after tattoo of gurbani she has big moral duty to fill which is live according to gurbani

Can anyone actually write polite open letter to her, first talk about gurbani quote explaining depth behind it and offer her sangat, make ourselves available to her questions, build a rapport with her, and also remind her moral duties reflecting gurbani tuk she has it as tatto, start live according to gurbani that she has as tatto. Lets try to patch and offer her help, sangat, if we don't fill up gap who will? Please make sure your open letter does not sound judgmental or condescending.

Did not say Bhai Maskeen was right, simply said that if you condemn her then I feel that no one has the right to have the tattoo (had previously seen Sikhs justfying Bhai Maskeens). The Gurbani tattoo is beadbi as pointed before in the sense when you use your hands for dirty everyday things.

Gurbani shouldn't be tattoed on your body but enshrined in your mind, heart and soul :)

I'm also wondering whether tattoos have any subtle-effects on the other subtle bodies we have...

Not sure penji but i would think as long as one don't have attachment/or thoughts(forna) towards their tattoos in their conscious or subconscious mind, they wouldn't have subtle effects in their antish karan or their sukhsom sarer (astral body)... attachment/perception/unfulfilled desires/thoughts are key deciding factor on effects on our subtle bodies or next life.

Since she has already done it, I hope she keeps the maximum satkaar possible and enshrines the meaning in her heart and eventually becomes a Sikh of Guru Sahib.

I think if someone explained with love the mistake she will realize it but its permanent. I remember the topic where a guy posted his tat of Baba Deep Singh lol not much you can do but tell the person to reflect and enshrine it in their hearts now.

Just out of curiosity did old chakars with bani on them get used or were they for show only? Baba Deep Singh Jis chakars had bani on them.

I don't know why some of us immediately start jumping the gun and making accusations to someone we don't know personally!!

If it can help her to stay and take the right sikhi path, then good luck to her.

I can't see how the word of the guru or the shabad guru can be made impure by simply having it tattooed on someone's body.

The shabad guru is untouchable like the Guru himself.

Where do you draw the line of what is beadbi and what is not ?

I mean the word of gurbani is from Akaal purakh himself, just like the rays of the sun that give us heat and light.

Now, if we hang out dirty filthy laundry to dry in the sun, then Do we make the rays impure in any way ??

Do we do beadbi to the light and heat that Akaal purakh is sending us ??

We all urinate and defecate, and all this comes from within our bodies. No matter how clean we are on the outside, there are still dirty waste products accumulating inside.

In the end, this body is just a vehicle that ages with time and begins to disintegrate and rot once it is not working.

When the mentioned passes away, should we instead bury her to preserve her tattoo instead of cremating it ?

Kabir ji mentions that the body is just like a karha (water pot)- it is fragile and we can decorate it however, none of this will alter the contents.

The water inside doesn't get any more purer or dirtier, whether gurbani is engraved on it or not.

At the end of the day, like N30 ji mentioned, 'It is what it means to her in her current stage of life that matters''

Hopefully it can help her find herself and Sikh in some way.

For those members that are going to accuse me of being too soft and may be endorsing tattoos in some way, then WRONG!!!!

Tattoo is NOT gurmat.

It is simply ''Dishonoring' of the body- just like cutting, coloring or altering the shape structure of your hair.

The rehat specifies that the hair and natural body should NOT be dishonoured in any way.

Yes, I know the rehat doesn't specifically mention tattoos, but it clearly mentions coloring of hair amounts to dishonor even though you don't cut it.

Therefore, colouring or painting of the body would amount to the same kind !

Hopefully, one day she may realize that doing the tattoo was wrong and dishonoring, even if it helped her align strongly onto the sikhi path.

That is ALL I can wish for personally, and it is ALL that I would say if I met her face to face.

I can't see why a sinner and lowlife like me should tell her what she should and shouldn't do.

If she felt the need to be reminded and exposed to Shabad Guru everyday in this manner. then good luck to her, i hope it helps her find herself.