Ardass

Hi,

When we do ardas for someone else does it take away our 'kamai'

Are we ment to do ardas for others? or should we do ardas for ourselves only ie our milan with waheguru?

I would like someone to really expand on the points above..

Thank you in advance to those that answer..

Gurfateh

@lucky paji, yes thats what i used to think, it should be from our hearts if we are doin ardas for somebody else, like when we say Nanak Naam Chardi kala tere bhane sarbat da bhala?

But then i get confused when u get people say other things, so thats when it gets confusing.

If u do ardas for someone else guru ji gets happy and does more Kirpa on you. Your thinking about others, not just yourself. Only do ardas for good things never bad things, worldly things. It depends on ur avasta too, if ur at sehaj avasta and like ur in surti and u do ardas for someone then I believe it takes away ur kamai. Don't do ardas in surti, it's complex deep stuff, its hard to explain.

We can only speculate, no one truly knows what increases or decreases your kamai. There is no formula set in stone. But I don't feel that doing ardas for others can harm you in any way or have a negative effect on you. What better thing is there than to do ardas for others from the bottom of your heart?

Also a lot of us are so caught up in ourselves and our own egos that we only want to help others (ie. do ardas for them) if there is some kind of gain in it for us or if we are not going to lose out on something. When really and truly, we should be willing to help those in need no matter what.

Sometimes you see some people at the gurdwara donate £10 to the nearest giani ji and then he does ardas for that person. Sometimes I see this and feel that in SOME cases, ardas has just become like a 'ritual' as in the ardas will be mumbled by the giani ji in exchange for some money, the person requesting ardas just listens, matha teks and then goes on their way. And I think would it not be best for that person to totally surrender to Guru Ji themselves and personally do their ardas themselves. Ardas is not just about what you say, it's also about what's on your mind and what's in your heart and Guru Ji alone is all-knowing and listens to us in our time of need.

All in all, I think it's good to do ardas for ourselves and others, but only if you truly mean it and it's not for any sort of selfish gain. If you do it without meaning, then ardas is just empty words.