Maan Travels A Lot During Simran...

Noo, do not submit your mind and make it a slave.

Let it wander, let it work those things out.

Satguru gave you rehat to live a good jeevan, let the shabad work out the problems in your life of man-mat and soon those things will fade and all that will be left is the path of satguru and the staircase to the path of gurmat.

---

If you would doubt what Daas says, give other example. What is more important, jeevan affair or ignoring everything and being a hogi doing 'simran'.

Well, let's say Sikhs are attacking do you join, or finish forcing your mind essentially cutting off your mind's fuel.

Noo, do not submit your mind and make it a slave.

Let it wander, let it work those things out.

Satguru gave you rehat to live a good jeevan, let the shabad work out the problems in your life of man-mat and soon those things will fade and all that will be left is the path of satguru and the staircase to the path of gurmat.

---

If you would doubt what Daas says, give other example. What is more important, jeevan affair or ignoring everything and being a hogi doing 'simran'.

Well, let's say Sikhs are attacking do you join, or finish forcing your mind essentially cutting off your mind's fuel.

I'm sorry Singh but either I have misunderstood your post but I as far as I understand simran, to die in the shabad is the ultimate death one can hope for. There are countless pangtis in SGGS that tell one to die in the shabad and use the shabad to subdue/restrain the mind. If you leave the mind to it's own devices you will never be able to restrain it.

Those who meditate on the Name, with one-pointed mind and focused consciousness, remain forever stable in the world.

jinee naam Dhi-aa-i-aa ik man ik chit say asthir jag rahi-aa.

The Gurmukh has conquered his own mind, by applying the Touchstone of the Shabad.

gurmukh aapnaa man maari-aa sabad kasvatee laa-ay

He fights with his mind, he settles with his mind, and he is at peace with his mind.

man hee naal jhagrhaa man hee naal sath man hee manjh samaa-ay.

Those who conquer their own mind, by Guru`s Grace, lovingly focus their attention on the Lord.

gur parsaadee man jinai har saytee liv laa-ay. Ang 87

Those who die in the Shabad and subdue their own minds, obtain the door of liberation.

Sabadh Marai Man Maarai Apunaa Mukathee Kaa Dhar Paavaniaa

One who dies in the Word of the Shabad, shall never again have to die.

sabad marai fir maran na ho-ay.

When the self dies, the individual mind comes to know the Supreme Mind.

aap moo-aa man man tay jaani-aa.

I have died in the Word of the Shabad, and through the Shabad, I am dead while yet alive, O Siblings of Destiny; through the Shabad, I have been liberated.

ham sabad mu-ay sabad maar jeevaalay bhaa-ee sabday hee mukat paa-ee.

One who dies in the Shabad and conquers his mind is the true hermit; he understands the Way of Yoga.

sabad marai man maaray a-oDhoo jog jugat veechaaree.

If someone dies in the Word of the Shabad, his mind become immaculate, O Saints; such worship is accepted and approved.

sabad marai man nirmal santahu ayh poojaa thaa-ay paa-ee.

Ang 932

Everyone calls himself true and genuine.

kharaa kharaa aakhai sabh ko-ay.

He alone is true, who obtains the jewel throughout the four ages.

kharaa ratan jug chaaray ho-ay.

Eating and drinking, one dies, but still does not know.

khaat pee-ant moo-ay nahee jaani-aa.

He dies in an instant, when he realizes the Word of the Shabad.

khin meh moo-ay jaa sabad pachhaani-aa.

His consciousness becomes permanently stable, and his mind accepts death.

asthir cheet maran man maani-aa.

By Guru`s Grace, he realizes the Naam, the Name of the Lord.

gur kirpaa tay naam pachhaani-aa.

If the mortal dies in the Shabad, then he is liberated; he focuses his consciousness on the Lord`s Feet.

man sabad marai taa mukto hovai har charnee chit laa-ee.

Ang 1237

First Mehl:

mehlaa 1.

He is not won over by music, songs or the Vedas.

na bheejai raagee naadee bayd.

He is not won over by intuitive wisdom, meditation or Yoga.

na bheejai surtee gi-aanee jog.

He is not won over by feeling sad and depressed forever.

na bheejai sogee keetai roj.

He is not won over by beauty, wealth and pleasures.

na bheejai roopeeN maaleeN rang.

He is not won over by wandering naked at sacred shrines.

na bheejai tirath bhavi-ai nang.

He is not won over by giving donations in charity.

na bheejai daateeN keetai punn.

He is not won over by living alone in the wilderness.

na bheejai baahar baithi-aa sunn.

He is not won over by fighting and dying as a warrior in battle.

na bheejai bhayrh mareh bhirh soor.

He is not won over by becoming the dust of the masses.

na bheejai kaytay hoveh Dhoorh.

The account is written of the loves of the mind.

laykhaa likee-ai man kai bhaa-ay.

O Nanak, the Lord is won over only by His Name.

naanak bheejai saachai naa-ay.

your mind is the shabad when it is connected to your atma as that is a piece of akal puraakh/where he resides.

When you control your mind you are doing physical simran, similar to shastaar vidiya.

Letting it wonder is how you get hukaam.

--

Next time you are unsure say vaheguru ji ka khalsa vaheguru ji ki fateh and see what I mean.

VJKVJF||

your mind is the shabad when it is connected to your atma as that is a piece of akal puraakh/where he resides.

When you control your mind you are doing physical simran, similar to shastaar vidiya.

Letting it wonder is how you get hukaam.

--

Next time you are unsure say vaheguru ji ka khalsa vaheguru ji ki fateh and see what I mean.

VJKVJF||

veerji daas tuchi budhi did not got this one :stupidme: :stupidme:

Here is one of vidhi( very very powerful technique) should definitely help getting mann attuned in shabad and shabad only, this is also form of shabad surat, where there is nothing but shabad then after immense abhyas and satguru kirpa only thing which remains shabad gyan of Ik0NGKAR- ~~ Supreme Consciouness Awareness ~~.

Do ardas to maharaj before sitting in meditation as without kirpa of satguru its not possible, then during meditation/simran, while you are meditating on shabad either audibly or in mind....perceive everything is folding itself in mind- going through parloa destruction itself back into shabad and i mean literally everything that includes thoughts, desires, being consciouly aware of i/ego- I am phalna phalna singh or singhani, even mind, everything whole universe, multiverse, every single mental concept, perceptions, pre conceived notion, pre conditioning...and after immense transcendental meditation and satguru kirpa- even perception of shabad resosance, paach shabad ...even perception of highest reference point dasam dwar slowly cease to exist and only thing remains shabad gyan of ikongkar ~~ Supreme Consciouness Awareness ~~ (Sargun/Nirgun ekta where dualism is destroyed- Bhramgyan/gyan of real self).

Guru Maharaj says- everything came from shabad and destruct itself in the shabad, and before creation or destruction its only gyan and nothing else.

ਉਤਪਤਿ ਪਰਲਉ ਸਬਦੇ ਹੋਵੈ ॥ ਸਬਦੇ ਹੀ ਫਿਰਿ ਓਪਤਿ ਹੋਵੈ ॥

ਗੁਰਮੁਖਿ ਵਰਤੈ ਸਭੁ ਆਪੇ ਸਚਾ ਗੁਰਮੁਖਿ ਉਪਾਇ ਸਮਾਵਣਿਆ ॥੧॥

SGGS page 117

Creation and destruction happen through the Shabad.

Through the Shabad, creation happens again

So in simpler terms and for understanding purpose. Please see the flow below:

Creation:

Pure Consciouness Thoughtless Awareness(Gyan of shabad/self realization of shabad/nirgun real self)* --> Shabad resosance ---> Sargun creation- maya which includes man, chit- individual consciouness, ahankar- ego, thoughts, desires, karams- good or bad.

*Eh akhar kirh jaingaie, vo akhar inn mein nahi |

Akhar Dristh Man Jaita Nanak Parbhram Nirlaipa ||

Destruction of creation/thoughts/perception in one consciousness, everything destruct/fold itself back Sargun creation folding back --> Shabad resosance ---> Shabd (sargun nirgun gyan).

Don't worry too much about sargun nirgun gyan or sargun nirgun at this point, just follow- maha vakk of guru maharaj - ਉਤਪਤਿ ਪਰਲਉ ਸਬਦੇ ਹੋਵੈ ॥ ਸਬਦੇ ਹੀ ਫਿਰਿ ਓਪਤਿ ਹੋਵੈ ॥ Creation and destruction happen through the Shabad and perceive this shabad while you meditating, naturally all thoughts will cease to exist after perceiving it over and again that everything is destructing itself into shabad while meditating on shabad with your surat and after a while only things remains is shabad resonance ... mind, consciously awareness of i/ego slowly disappears itself as well after apaar kirpa from satguru - shabad resosance will also disappear in meditation... and only thing will remain is shabad gyan of ikongkar ~~ Supreme Consciouness Awareness ~~ (Sargun/Nirgun ekta- Bhramgyan).

veerji daas tuchi budhi did not got this one :stupidme: :stupidme:

Your mind, or your identity is your ego, and it is like the circuitry on a computer. It directs current, but if you get caught up in it you remain in ignorance.

Your atma or spirtual mind is like the central processor.

If you wanted to reduce power let's say, one way would be more efficient circuitry but the most efficient would probably be to focus on the core (cpu).

What daas means, is it is better to live a sikh/spirtual jeevan and the simraan will come focusing on simraan techniques, especially at a young age and with the state the panth is in, will be a hindrance that you will notice even one or two years down the line.

Study these things, but pray meditate, and contemplate the naam.

This includes shabad, but remember that naam is the spirtual force that unites all life; so, meditating to slash 'problems' is also needed and a true soldier is better than a 'master of gurbani' sitting with badal.

---

It is only theory knowledge vs theory + practical.

Maharaaj will reveal all to you, but you must be willing to give your head and live the lifestyle.

How quickly you adopt that lifestyle, and what path you take is your own 'choice'.

That is where a lot of parchaar falls off as many people try to make it seem that every sikh is the same, and following same path, same problems, etc.

We are united as a quom but for example one does nitnem at 7am as they work nightshift other does at 4am.

Which one is correct, which one is wrong while you can make inferences is it better to quit work, and disobey work of 10 nails to meet some nitnem quota setup by fake jathedar of Akal Takht?

• 4 weeks later...

I'm guessing your trying to do simran internally with the voice of the mind.

The technique I've have found the most beneficial in helping still the mind first is to put your dhiyaan into your voice just in front of your mouth. Lock in your ears into listening at that position as you say Waheguru. Then watch has your mind begins sit and listen. If it begins to wonder grab it and bring it back there and force it to listen. You will then become more aware when your mind wants to take flights and you will restrain it. With practice your mind will automatically get used to focusing and listening to the shabad. After it learns to sit still then lower the volume and make sure it still sits there. Eventually your dhiyaan will remain in your ears when your japping whether verbally or internally. The ears/mind will become super sensitive and trained that when ever jap is occurring it will automatically learn to sit and listen. Your anand will increase and then with Guru's grace your off.....

If you still find your mind is very active, then jap with your eyes open for a while but keep the focus on the sound of the jaap. If you keep the dhiyaan on the sound in front of lips/mouth you will find that as your mind becomes still the eyes will automatically close.

Hope it helps ji...

waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh ji

mine is much more deeper problem i do not even understand that mind has taken off but the rasna is reciting waheguru and after a while ill realise that man is already travelled to a soch then again i try to bring man back again same thing happens

gustakhi maaf karni for this but after a while it even starts to feel bore and sleepy no ras bcoz surat nahi jud rahi in shabad

any help veerjee

The idea is to prioritise where you put your focus.

The thoughts are going to keep coming one after another, but you want the focus to be on the empty gaps between the thoughts.

Keep your focus on the gurmantar that is being recited 'mentally' and quietly. The thoughts are also in this quiet space but you shouldn't follow them or get into them- just let them pass by staying in focus to mental simran.

The idea is to prioritise where you put your focus.

The thoughts are going to keep coming one after another, but you want the focus to be on the empty gaps between the thoughts.

Keep your focus on the gurmantar that is being recited 'mentally' and quietly. The thoughts are also in this quiet space but you shouldn't follow them or get into them- just let them pass by staying in focus to mental simran.

Only thing I would suggest is to keep doing simran as much as you can throughout the day as much as you can. Doesn't matter if your not sitting down crossed legged with 100% focus. The more you do the more it will start automatically and the more you will want to do it. That's what I try and do and find it really helps. Also try and do simran in the sangat. Read SGGS which will really inspire you to do it. Walking whilst doing simran also helps but keep you dhyan looking down and not looking all over the place.

thank you veerjio

will try