Do Amrit Dharis Always Have To Wear The Kakars?

Guest J.singh

Guest J.singh

Is it possible to always be wearing ur kirpan and kachera? How do u keep them on in the shower? And how do u guys keep ur kanga on when ur washing your hair? Or are Amrit dharis aloud to take them off in the shower? Can someone explain this concept to me? Thank you

I have a separate kirpan for showering. When I'm washing my hair I have a small orange kapra tied to my shower kirpan along with a kanga. I also sometimes tie my dastar around my stomach, there's alot of ways, whatever suits u best. We can't remove them when we take a shower, we always gotta keep them with us, I don't let any of my kakars off me, I always make sure there touching me, my body. The kachera, when ur done showering dont remove it all together have one leg in and one out to put the dry kachera on and then once u have one leg in ur dry kachera take the other leg out of the wet one and put ur other leg in the dry kachera. I hope this helped.

I have a separate kirpan for showering. When I'm washing my hair I have a small orange kapra tied to my shower kirpan along with a kanga. I also sometimes tie my dastar around my stomach, there's alot of ways, whatever suits u best. We can't remove them when we take a shower, we always gotta keep them with us, I don't let any of my kakars off me, I always make sure there touching me, my body. The kachera, when ur done showering dont remove it all together have one leg in and one out to put the dry kachera on and then once u have one leg in ur dry kachera take the other leg out of the wet one and put ur other leg in the dry kachera. I hope this helped.

Wrap dastar around stomach???

WaheguruJiKaKhalsa!!WaheguruJiKiFateh!!

yes its possible

1) you can crap your kirpan and gatra around ur turban while taking bath . i always keep a small sarbloh sirisahib hidden in my turban as well

2) your wet kachera has to be in one leg and new one in other while changing them

3) you can tie a keski/dumalla not a perfect one when u goto sleep. kanga come off

i always keep an extra kanga with me , so i dont loose my rehat

you can put ur kanga around ur waiste with a parna tied . :)

i also put some thread tied along with kanga and tie the thread along my kes, wich keeps it in place

hope it answers your question

To have ur 5 ks for 24/7 is not just a respect for having those on your body...

Rather they serve a purpose for it. You dont know when you would require kirpan to use.

You don't know when ur evil thoughts rule you so you need to wear kachera all time.

You don't know something can strike your mind to lessen the burden of hair on your head. So keep kanga 24/7

If you are washing your hair then u that period of time tie kirpan on waist. Then after washing your hair you can it on your forehead or knot of your head. N do one thing tie on kangha with kirpan or on gatra coz kangha is difficult place on your body while bathing

For kachera its not a problem. Its a believe in Hinduism that you should wear a cloth on your body while bathing. Kachera is best to wear while bathing as per sikh and hindu ideology. And for dastar you can tie it on waist if you are washing your hair otherwise I think there is no problem to wear a dastar while bathing. :)

Try it once you will be habitual with it you would not take much time to do this.

I am so habitual of tieing kirpan on head that sometime I search for my kirpan on head while washing my kesh when I know I tied it on waist hahahaha :D

• 8 months later...
Guest GuptSewa

Vaheguroo Ji Ka Khalsa, Vaheguroo Ji Ki Fateh,

J.Singh Ji,

Do AmritDharis Always Have To Wear The Panj Kakaars? The simple and straight forward answer to your question is yes.

The Panj Kakaars should always be Ang Sang i.e. always on one's person and accessible.

The second part of your question is asking the method of this, but again, yes it is very possible to always be wearing your Kirpan and Kachera.

When having a shower, or Ishnaan, Daas suggests washing your Kesh and body seperately. So when showering from the neck down, keep your Kachera on while in the shower and tie your Kirpan using the Gatra around your Dastaar. Kara remains on and Kanga is in your Dastaar. Simples.

When washing your Kesh, Daas suggests wrapping your Dastaar around your body, or waist, placing your Kanga within this. Kirpan on persons and Kachera also. Doing this, you can wash your hair and Panj Kakaar are still on your persons.

Hope this helps!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest jeewanjot singh

every one written really good thanks and really alot of respect and always remember one thing if anything negative approaches in your mind that panj pyare are our guru and we have to remember what they said us as hukam .thats it thanks and thanks for your views to me too wjkk wjkf