Do Amrit Dharis Always Have To Wear The Kakars?

Guest J.singh

This is an older forum but I am curious if you could have a small kirpan on necklace for showering?

Also the dastaar is not a kakaar??? (limb) so why can't you set it down for showering?

I have heard of people only draping dastaar over head when sleeping and not tying it....is this acceptable?

Excuse my ignorance

Ty

Some Gursikhs believe that Keski is kakkar and not kesh

This is an older forum but I am curious if you could have a small kirpan on necklace for showering?
Also the dastaar is not a kakaar??? (limb) so why can't you set it down for showering?
I have heard of people only draping dastaar over head when sleeping and not tying it....is this acceptable?
Excuse my ignorance
Ty

Yea that's AKJ right?

but then again akal takht used to put dastars on all abhilakees as purataan rehit stood from 1699, also Taksalis bibi's do... kesh rakhna = hukam vich rehna which is pritam rehit from Guru Nanak Dev ji

Punj's advice to us:

If you seperate a kakkar from body you can do ardas for forgiveness (hair you can't really do that it's attached)

If you seperate kesh from body you automatically stop being a Sikh and need to produce yourself in front of punj piarey for Pesh as it is bujjhar kurehit. (whole different level of seriousness)

plus because kesh are so satkar yog Guru ji tied Dastar on the heads of the original Abilakhlees and later on Mata Bhag Kaur ji himself , not just one but two dastars plus made explicit Kanga is to be done twice a day in rehitnama. All the kakkars have been designed to remind one of staying on path and being of practical use to that end. Whereas Kes are Guru's more on us, it belongs to him along with our heads.

Excuse my ignorance

Ty

Today the sikhs have made Kakkars into rituals. Kirpan is a reminder to stay strong in difficult times and is kept dull from preventing Sikhs from defending themselves and others....backwards beard tying british worshipping Sikhs. The Guru gave the kirpan to defend and told us to keep it on us as ang because you don't know when and where you will be attacked. We live in homes with locks and bathroom doors are locked. The Singhs in the past bathed in rivers and on farms where you are easy target if not armed all the time. Don't worry your parents wont attack you in the comfort of their home. They would rather smack you across the head out in public to show you who is boss.

Kanga is used to keep the hair hygiene up. We keep it on us all the time because we are able to keep hair hygiene even if we get lost in the city with millions of signs directing you back home for days. Let's face it no Singh is taking his nike shocks out in the forest or mountains these days and not coming home for days.....nike will get dirt on them. Singhs in the past were always on the move from one battle to another. They had to be on top if their game. Today Singhs are on top of there battlefield 4 and call of duty.....

Kara is.... i think everyone gets the picture. Hold it in your fist and go punch something. See how effective it is. If its gold throw it in the trash.

Kachera....i love wearing it. Feel so relaxed in it and the agility in it is awesome. So comfortable. One leg at a time and making sure it does not reveal and private area is a good technique if showering at your local river while the white people stare out of their apartment buildings. If you in the comfort of a bathroom and scared that your shadow might see you naked then turn off the light.

Hair the worst kakkar of them all. I can't be Hollywood or bollywood. Cant touch a hair on the body but some Singhs violently comb their hair taking out chunks. Beadbi or stupidity, you be the judge. Jokes aside, Those who cut hair will never be able to accept Guru Gobind Singh hukams or receive his blessing. The uncut hair is our crown. Respect it and keep it clean.

Today the sikhs have made Kakkars into rituals. Kirpan is a reminder to stay strong in difficult times and is kept dull from preventing Sikhs from defending themselves and others....backwards beard tying british worshipping Sikhs. The Guru gave the kirpan to defend and told us to keep it on us as ang because you don't know when and where you will be attacked. We live in homes with locks and bathroom doors are locked. The Singhs in the past bathed in rivers and on farms where you are easy target if not armed all the time. Don't worry your parents wont attack you in the comfort of their home. They would rather smack you across the head out in public to show you who is boss.

Kanga is used to keep the hair hygiene up. We keep it on us all the time because we are able to keep hair hygiene even if we get lost in the city with millions of signs directing you back home for days. Let's face it no Singh is taking his nike shocks out in the forest or mountains these days and not coming home for days.....nike will get dirt on them. Singhs in the past were always on the move from one battle to another. They had to be on top if their game. Today Singhs are on top of there battlefield 4 and call of duty.....

Kara is.... i think everyone gets the picture. Hold it in your fist and go punch something. See how effective it is. If its gold throw it in the trash.

Kachera....i love wearing it. Feel so relaxed in it and the agility in it is awesome. So comfortable. One leg at a time and making sure it does not reveal and private area is a good technique if showering at your local river while the white people stare out of their apartment buildings. If you in the comfort of a bathroom and scared that your shadow might see you naked then turn off the light.

Hair the worst kakkar of them all. I can't be Hollywood or bollywood. Cant touch a hair on the body but some Singhs violently comb their hair taking out chunks. Beadbi or stupidity, you be the judge. Jokes aside, Those who cut hair will never be able to accept Guru Gobind Singh hukams or receive his blessing. The uncut hair is our crown. Respect it and keep it clean.

Kesh does fall out on its own during shower or when sometimes your are touching your beard. Of course not violently on purpose but yes, we should be cautious when we are cleansing ourselves.

Waheguru ji, Sikhs have not ritualised the panj kakkar as you suggest, we are required by the panj piaray to keep them on us at all times and they are not just there for the physical reasons, they are also there for spiritual reasons which is why we take kachera of one leg at a time, keep kirpan on in shower, tie keski around waist during kesh ishnaan etc

Waheguru ji, Sikhs have not ritualised the panj kakkar as you suggest, we are required by the panj piaray to keep them on us at all times and they are not just there for the physical reasons, they are also there for spiritual reasons which is why we take kachera of one leg at a time, keep kirpan on in shower, tie keski around waist during kesh ishnaan etc

May you tell me these spiritual reasons?