New With Sikhism

Palarmux

What will happen if you want to do 50 different task simultaneously at a time?

99% you will fail to do so :stupidme:

I am also a converted sikh and it took like years for me to be a sikh altogether

Many things will come in middle

Palarmux take time bro to learn about this religion because its not easy to follow sikhism.

As you are probably already finding out, unfortunately a lot more arguing takes place on this forum compared to any learning or teaching...

so you call talking about what is Gurmat and what is not arguing, well the next time you dont agree with another post/views, i will remind you that you call it arguing and that maybe you should keep quite and not argue.

Also you must have heard saying/metaphor whatever you eat or drink thats what you become.
Diet is very important factor as well- avoid meat/eggs by invoking compassion/dya in you for other beings, spicy foods, wine/alchohol, excessive sugar/caffenine(make you hyper). 3ho have good list of healty hood Eat those but even then eat everything in moderation.

In your posts

first post you talk about concentrating on meditation

second post start reading Gurbani

Third post you talk about third eye

fourth post as above

Fifth post get into meditation instead of drinking.

At no point can i see that you are clearly stating that drinking alcohol is against sikhi, or talking about any of the following questions he has

but instead you keep going on about meditating and refer to drinking alcohol and eating meat as a dietary thing (which is partly correct), rather telling him it is against our Gurus wishes, at no point do you even mention our Guru which is more important than the dietary aspect or any views you may have.

1. Is it turban necessary? I live in Finland and this country is pretty Racist. I dont scare that people laugh at me if I wear it, but I just dont like the way it look.

2. Is it ok to drink wine once in a while? I dont mean to get drunk - I just like the taste of wine and its becoming my hobby.

3. Any tips for meditation? Sometimes I have problems with meditation, I just dont get that chill/relaxing "state". I also have difficulties to open third eye, not sure if these 2 problems has connect or something.

4. I dont get that why we should chant while we meditate, I like to be in silence and just relax. Is it wrong?

I usually chant along when I listen some sikh artist (guruganesha sinhh, snatam kaur etc.)

5. Is it ok if I dont wear Kirtan, kanga and kaccha? I mean I just dont have money for those at the moment, and carrying knife in public is crime in Finland.

6. Is it Tattoos forbidden in sikhism?

Mal veer,
I clearly mentioned this post to avoid:
I quote again in case you missed it:

Also you must have heard saying/metaphor whatever you eat or drink thats what you become.
Diet is very important factor as well- avoid meat/eggs by invoking compassion/dya in you for other beings, spicy foods, wine/alchohol, excessive sugar/caffenine(make you hyper). 3ho have good list of healty hood Eat those but even then eat everything in moderation

Hope thats clarifies..is that clear enough bro? You seriously seem to be on witch haunt?

Mal veer,
I clearly mentioned this post to avoid:
I quote again in case you missed it:

Hope thats clarifies..is that clear enough bro? You seriously seem to be on witch haunt?

Veerji you seem to be getting angry by typing in capital,

I think you have got a problem you dont want to admit you are wrong, you do say avoid but as a dietary measure and not that is against our Gurus teaching or do you have a problem saying that or even that you disagree.

Anyway i can see that you are getting angry, you seem to talk the talk but not walk the walk, i will leave it to the sangat who follow our Gurus teaching as apposed their own ideology to decide if you have said in any of your post clearly up until this point that it is against our Gurus teachings to drink alcohol etc.

I was having a debate and my intentions were not to envoke krodh or hurt anyones feelings so

Bhul chuk maf Gur rakha

Not angry bro just in case if you missed it..making it clear..here is another big letters (which i didn't type just increase the font size) because i am really curious..what i do want to know why my post caused an offense to you and why you picked on my post not other members.. while others didn't even mention anything about rehat maryada- kurahit let alone avoiding the kurahit...atleast i mentioned most of kurahits in the posts panj chor in my first post incluing lust and others avoid meat, alcohol..so please be straight fwd let it out whatever you have inside instead of beating around bushes because only after letting the animionisty/dvaish out and khanda batta da amrit can take nivas in hirdaie...i did same in the past it helps...i will probably go for 2nd round soon.!!

3. Any tips for meditation? Sometimes I have problems with meditation, I just dont get that chill/relaxing "state". I also have difficulties to open third eye, not sure if these 2 problems has connect or something.

What are you doing currently in regards to meditating?