Babas In Paris (N**** In Paris Parody) Lol

Singh559

I don't get the why the new trend is to ridicule giani's. Sure there's a few bad apples but it's sad 'giani' has become such a derogatory term.

First I've heard of this, care to elaborate. Pakhandi baba isn't a Giani. Also just because someone has a title of being a Giani it doesn't make them a Giani.

First I've heard of this, care to elaborate. Pakhandi baba isn't a Giani. Also just because someone has a title of being a Giani it doesn't make them a Giani.

That's not the point I'm making. If you listen to the lyrics he's used the term 'Giani' is a derogatory and humiliating way. This is sadly a growing trend.

I don't get the why the new trend is to ridicule giani's. Sure there's a few bad apples but it's sad 'giani' has become such a derogatory term.

You're right about 'giani' being a derogatory term nowadays it's because of the backwards attitudes which we've inherited from our elders and the gurdwara committees who look down on 'gianis' and treat them like second-class citizens. Gianis are paid a pittance and most of us wouldn't get out of bed for that kinda money. So the majority of the sangat do not respect them and I know you get the odd bad one or two, but you can't tar them all with the same brush.

However, with the rise of social media and YouTube, it's 'trendy' to ridicule just about anything nowadays. And sometimes these kinda funny videos do have elements of truth in them and they do portray a powerful serious message. Especially the video about the gurdwara committees and it's good to know the youth are aware of their failures and hopefully this can inspire some kind of change for the future as after all we are part of the next generation.

That's not the point I'm making. If you listen to the lyrics he's used the term 'Giani' is a derogatory and humiliating way. This is sadly a growing trend.

Why do we always nitpick small things like this? It's obvious they're embarrassing those who call themselves gianis, but really don't deserve the title. Sukhmani Sahib tells what a Giani is, it's a very high status.

Also the massive "gogard" lol is true. We need healthy/fit roll models both spiritually and physically. They were mainly exposing fake babay who make bank by traveling abroad.