What Is Wrong With Sikhs/muslims In Uk?

Guest Canadian Sikh

Guest Canadian Sikh

I am a Sikh born and raised in Canada. A lot of my good friends are Muslim, and I've never had a problem with any of them. So it was really surprising for me to hear that the Sikh and Muslim communities in the UK do not get on well at all. Why is this? In Canada, we hang out together, listen to Punjabi music together and respect one another. Instead of being divided among religious lines, we are united by our common "desiness" i.e. our cultures are really similar/the same, eat the same food, same language (or very similar), same music etc... And I have heard people say that it is because Muslims vastly outnumber Sikhs in the UK and so have now turned on them, but the truth is that in Canada, Sikhs are 1.4% of the population, Muslims are 3.2%. They'res 2.5 times more Muslims in Canada than Sikhs. So what could it be?

Guest CanadianSikh

I just wanna say, are the girls who are getting converted to islam really SIkh? Like how many of them know the names of the 10 Gurus, the 3 pillars of SIkhi? How many of them know the mool mantar (something every Sikh should know off the top of their head)? How many of them have ever even read Japji Sahib? Are these girls real Sikhs, or just Punjabi girls who go to Gurdwara every once in a while, but are atheist at heart?

PS: I know 5 Muslim-SIkh marriages. 3 were Sikh guy-Muslim girl, 2 were Sikh girl-Muslim guy. In the case of Sikh guy-Muslim girl, in 2 cases, the kids turned out to be Sikhs, in the other case, the kids are not religious at all. In both Muslim guy-Sikh girl cases, the kids turned out to be atheists. In both cases, the "Sikh" girl was only Sikh by name, but in reality, was more atheist than anything else. If Muslims think that by marrying SIkh girls that their kids are going to turn out to be Islamic, they're vastly mistaken. When you grow up in a Judeo-Christian culture, are exposed to western freedoms, and one of your own parents ain't even a Muslim (even if the girls convert, I dout they're actually Muslim at heart), then of course the kids aren't going to be Islamic.

I just wanna say, are the girls who are getting converted to islam really SIkh? Like how many of them know the names of the 10 Gurus, the 3 pillars of SIkhi? How many of them know the mool mantar (something every Sikh should know off the top of their head)? How many of them have ever even read Japji Sahib? Are these girls real Sikhs, or just Punjabi girls who go to Gurdwara every once in a while, but are atheist at heart?

PS: I know 5 Muslim-SIkh marriages. 3 were Sikh guy-Muslim girl, 2 were Sikh girl-Muslim guy. In the case of Sikh guy-Muslim girl, in 2 cases, the kids turned out to be Sikhs, in the other case, the kids are not religious at all. In both Muslim guy-Sikh girl cases, the kids turned out to be atheists. In both cases, the "Sikh" girl was only Sikh by name, but in reality, was more atheist than anything else. If Muslims think that by marrying SIkh girls that their kids are going to turn out to be Islamic, they're vastly mistaken. When you grow up in a Judeo-Christian culture, are exposed to western freedoms, and one of your own parents ain't even a Muslim (even if the girls convert, I dout they're actually Muslim at heart), then of course the kids aren't going to be Islamic.

These 5 marriages you talk about are they all in canada, the pakistanis in the uk or so call muslims are grooming young girls/children for sex and prostitution they trick these girls into believing they are having a relationship with them, then they betray that trust, so that is why in the uk no one not only sikhs but other groups dont trusts muslims/pakistanis.

Those of us who know are sikh history know that even during the times of Guru Gobind Singh JI they swore on the koran and lied ( was told this as a child by my grandmother many many years ago about how they lied to Guru sahib ji kind of stuck with me).

Personally i dont trust any of them or not so that i would form a close friendship with them or have them in my home, but i would not insult or trouble them either, its a case of live and let live, if you are friendly with them then good luck, just be careful play with fire and you may get burnt, never trust them around your women folk thats for sure!! Where in canada are you.

The grooming issue is slowly appearing in canada as well, I heard of a couple of cases of punjabi girls in Vancouver and Surrey with Pakistani boyfriends who then tried to get these girls to sleep with other Pakistani men..or just used them then dumped them. Your right though..I dont define the girls as "Sikh" the majority just use the label Sikh because theyre born into Sikh families they dont have any knowledge or pride in the identity or history. But then I again i also know of girls from apaprently well respected Sikh families who have got themselves into these dort of situations..the integrity of a family doesnt mean their children are good however,...

As above posts say..you dont have enough Pakistanis in Canada yet to cause issues, wait till theyre poplualtion increases, research "al-taqqiya" it means Muslims are allowed under Islam to lie to and decieve to non-muslims on the pretext of furthering Islam.

You might think theyre harmless and they are your friends now..wait and see how it turns out. UK communities dont say these things because theyre racist, it's because over the years they have seen and experienced a lot of issues, and continue to do so today. Learn from the experience of the UK sangat and keep yuor gaurd up educate the youth before it's too late

I am a Sikh born and raised in Canada. A lot of my good friends are Muslim, and I've never had a problem with any of them. So it was really surprising for me to hear that the Sikh and Muslim communities in the UK do not get on well at all. Why is this? In Canada, we hang out together, listen to Punjabi music together and respect one another. Instead of being divided among religious lines, we are united by our common "desiness" i.e. our cultures are really similar/the same, eat the same food, same language (or very similar), same music etc... And I have heard people say that it is because Muslims vastly outnumber Sikhs in the UK and so have now turned on them, but the truth is that in Canada, Sikhs are 1.4% of the population, Muslims are 3.2%. They'res 2.5 times more Muslims in Canada than Sikhs. So what could it be?

Knowing both Canada and the UK well I feel I am well placed to answer your query. The answer, basically, boils down to differences in types of 'Pakistanis' and differences in society norms per se. In no particular order, these are the reasons :

1) Pakistanis in Canada are overwhelmingly Punjabi. Pakistanis in England are overwhelmingly Mirpuri. The Mirpuris are known as 'junglees' in Pakistan itself as they are seen as backward and criminals. In normal circumstances, even Pakistani Punjabis don't like to associate themselves with them.

2) In Canada, a youth born to Pakistani parents and a youth born to Sikh parents find a common ground in that they rally around the Maple Leaf. Their 'Canadianess' unites them. That is not how things work in the old world. In the old world nationalism and patriotism is akin to facism. Thus neither muslim youth born in Britain nor Sikh youth born in Britain have anything to unite them under the British flag. Having been to nagar kirtans in Canada that is actually a fundamental difference between our two diasporas. Whilst the Canadian flag is given pride of place among Canadian Sikhs the British Sikhs never allow the British flag to have any place let alone pride of place. The only flag that matters is our national flag ; The Khanda. In fact, during nagar kirtans in many British cities the city officials have offical ceremonies where they lower the British flag from city hall and hoist the Khanda instead for the day as a mark of the khanda's supremecy.

3) Both the American adminstration and world authority at large recognise that the UK has probably more al-quaida sympathisers than anywhere else in the world. London is the acknowleged world centre of extreme islamic thought. It is a society where 2nd, 3rd and 4th generation British Pakistanis are far far more Islamic than their parents and grandparents. It is a society where the children of Pakistani immigrants force and coerce their mothers to cover themselves up with the veil. Similarly, 2nd,3rd and 4th generation British born Sikhs are far more likely to know more about Sikhism and display Sikh pride and be Khalistani than their Indian born parents and grandparents. This kind of dynamic is not present in Canada,

Guest Anoni

Those who are saying these girls aren't real sikhs...did you know /or do you know everything about sikhi? Were you born to know mool mantar? Who are you to judge someones level of pyaar for waheguru, that's what you call haumaii / hunkar... (I know a few girls and lots of them come from amritdhari families)...and you know what, when these girls come back they are told to do so much paath /seva it would surprise you (most of them do it)..read kanika's sakhi..she didn't even know what ram meant at the beginning she had so much pyaar she became a sant..it's this exclusive mentality going around in the sikh community that is making youth feel ostracised and therefore they seek a sense of belonging from another community...you need to take responsibility of what's happening to your community/sangat cus let's be frank it's not an isolated issue in uk...from corrupt committees in Gurdwareh to exclusive 'I'm a proper sikh because I have a dastar' cliques need to be sorted..its isolating and disengaging youth...I have a benti..rather than saying these girls aren't proper sikhs to make yourself feel better...why don't you reach out to local youth that you don't assume are proper sikhs and show them how beautiful it is...go and vigil outside these girls houses cus they're scared someone is going to shoot their parents...go and do some counselling with the girls families and see if theyre "real sikhs" ...

Guest CanadianSikh

@Sat: I live in the lower mainland BC, but only moved here a few years ago. Grew up in the Greater Toronto Area. I've known like 4 Punjabi girls in my entire life who have gone out with a Muslim. But Muslim girls go out with Sikh guys quite a bit over here.

To be fair, a lot of "Sikh" guys in Canada aren't that great either. They sleep drink, do drugs, sleep around with Punjabi girls, pass them on to their friends etc... If I didn't know any better, I'd say that Punjabi girls DO get groomed in Canada, just not by Muslims, but by our own guys.

PS: So if it is such a big problem there, how do we prevent it happening here? Muslims here are pretty well-behaved, no one is going to believe it if you tell them that they're going to become worse as their numbers grow. Also, there's no way that the Canadian government would stop Pakistani immigration, out of fear of being called "racists". So what are we supposed to do?

The Mirpuri's speak there own dialect of Punjabi and think that Sikh Punjabi's and all non-Muslims are inferior as the Quran says. Plus the fact that most Mirpuri's are Hindu Punjabi converts from mainly the Jatt, Rajput and Gujjar castes means these Mirpuri Pakistani Muslims try to prove how Muslim they are by converting and grooming non-Muslim girls even more than the Qureshi and Mughal castes which have been Muslim for longer.