Triphala

RanjitPn

Hi! Firstly, my fateh to all the sangat here as im new to this forum! =D

I've recently came across the ayurvedic medicine, Triphala and its various health benefits. One of my aunt has also recommended me on trying the Triphala as i suffer breakouts every now and then =.=''.

I was wondering, has anyone tried using it? I wanted feedbacks before I try it myself.

Baba hari singh randhawas medicine!!

Haha, looks like someone payed attenion during Katha :tongue2:

Yeah, Baba Hari Singh Randhava has seen it's effects first hand and also second hand by witnessing people in his Jatha use it as well.

He gave explanation of it numerous times about 1 month ago every Wednesday while he was in Toronto (Canada). He talked about how to make it, what ratio of ingredients to use, how to take it, what effects it will have, how long the duration of the course is, and also told his personal experiences and second hand experiences.

He said that the there are good quality brands out there, however, he said to make it yourself. When you make it yourself, then you know that what you are doing is 100% correct. The ones you get from the market, regardless of how popular the brand is, are not pure. Sometimes dirt from the ground gets mixed in with the powder due to the fruits not being washed properly, etc.

I think he even said that he used to get it from the market, but then afterwards someone told him to make it himself, and then he started making it himself and noticed a big difference. Also, there is a difference of course if you keep Bibek Rehit or not....so either way, it's best to make it yourself and like he said, it's less expensive.

Start off only taking a little bit and work your way up slowly.

It is some-what of a laxative, so keep that in mind as well so that you plan accordingly, and take it at an appropriate time, lol.

Also, be aware of using the correct ingredients. The 'aula' is not the same as olives in the western world. India's aula is different and also there are different types of aula as well.

I had all of the information written down, so I'll try and see if I can find the paper and get back to you on it.

Baba Hari Singh Randhava did amazing Katha while he was in Toronto....I really wished that someone made recordings of it...but so far I haven't seen any recordings surface online. It was really amazing and informative, with a positive Gurmat-oriented vibe/atmosphere. It was broadcast not only on tv (via ATN), but also on the internet, so anyone in the world could have watched it.

A lot of the things he would say would pop up on this forum.

Like one time he talked about a puratan Granthi at Darbar Sahib during Guru Sahib's times, and then that same Granthi's name was brought up on this forum and discussed a week later.

Now the triphala discussion has arised as well!

Dhan Guru, Dhan Guru Ke Piaarey!!!

• 3 weeks later...