Should Amrit Dharis Work Inshops Whihcsell Alcahol ?

Guest l.singh

Which Gurus and when did they eat meat , kindly let us know and what are your sources ?, and were you told it was ok to eat meat when and if you have taken amrit by the panj pyare.

I have no slave mentality,

our rehat is no kutha meat.

There are stories of 1st master eating meat to show bramins their foolery, another of being offered meat of deer by follower and not rejecting it.

His words to the bramins are spoken again and again by SGGS.

6th master was known to hunt, and even hunted lions to show rajputs how to cook and eat them.

10th master told singhs to hunt their own eat, and do jhatka to counter muslim government.

Many sikhs who follow purataan maryada still hunt.

--

Meat was served in langar until 2nd or third master when followers of vishnu complained they can't eat there and since then it was veggie diet to serve all.

When harimandir sahib was taken back, the degh of muslims had bogh done and was eaten by sikhs (abdali times).

--

I have not taken Amrit.

If go to a certain 'sect' and they tell you that ok, but Sikhi has nothing for or against meat.

It is pointless to argue over diet spirtually, there is basis of tamogan, rajgon, etc. or w.e but that has no relevance to your code.

---

Even alcohol can be used as medicine, if you deny that it was/is Idk what to tell you..

VJKVJF||

edit - http://www.historicalgurudwaras.com/India/Haryana/Kurukshetra/GurudwaraShriSidhVitiPatshahiPehli/gallery.php

Eating goat right now.

I have no slave mentality,

our rehat is no kutha meat.

There are stories of 1st master eating meat to show bramins their foolery, another of being offered meat of deer by follower and not rejecting it.

His words to the bramins are spoken again and again by SGGS.

6th master was known to hunt, and even hunted lions to show rajputs how to cook and eat them.

10th master told singhs to hunt their own eat, and do jhatka to counter muslim government.

Many sikhs who follow purataan maryada still hunt.

--

Meat was served in langar until 2nd or third master when followers of vishnu complained they can't eat there and since then it was veggie diet to serve all.

When harimandir sahib was taken back, the degh of muslims had bogh done and was eaten by sikhs (abdali times).

--

I have not taken Amrit.

If go to a certain 'sect' and they tell you that ok, but Sikhi has nothing for or against meat.

It is pointless to argue over diet spirtually, there is basis of tamogan, rajgon, etc. or w.e but that has no relevance to your code.

---

Even alcohol can be used as medicine, if you deny that it was/is Idk what to tell you..

VJKVJF||

edit - http://www.historicalgurudwaras.com/India/Haryana/Kurukshetra/GurudwaraShriSidhVitiPatshahiPehli/gallery.php

Eating goat right now.

I have not taken Amrit.

says it all really, you have given no real evidence, its all your own views, lets suppose you are correct about the past, for you to eat meat is fine thats your choice not arguing about that, but those of us who have been told at our amrit sanchars not to eat meat by the panj pyare have to follow their command because they are Guru and the 10th Guru himself is present at that time,(is this what you refer to as slave mentality?), Now that we have been told in this day and age not to eat meat by the panj pyare the past is no longer applicable because the Guru can change his ruling at any time and we must follow, as for kutha meat that applies only when all other sources of food are exhausted/not available i.e famine etc.

For you to say my Gurus ate meat as did my ancestors i will too, thats your opinion/manmat,you follow your man, but some of us follow our Gurus ruling as it is today given to us at our amrit sanchar.

you eat your goat,etc what ever pleases you but kindly refrain from trying to make it sound like that eating meat is ok today in sikhi,and sikhs who say no to it are wrong, when clearly according to panj pyare at most amrit sanchars it is not ok to eat meat and i believe them over your manmat views, which will not help me here or in the next world !!!

When i myself was not amritdhari, i ate meat but i never for once said its ok in sikhi or my Guru ate eat, i will too etc, sounds like you are trying to justify why you eat it are you feeling guilty or something ? just shows how lost/foolish you are to make such a statement as this,if you eat then thats your problem who cares.

you eat it fine, we dont so lets leave it at that, the reason i made the statement about no meat is according to the hukam of most panj pyare if not all, (personally dont know any who say it is ok to eat it).

personally i dont believe a non amritdhari can say our rehat untill he/she fully commits to the Guru by offering their head/taking amrit and the reason i say this is that they can do something against rehat and not have to answer for it in the same way ,but an amritdhari has a serious dilema if he/she breaks rehat, thats why some people never commit and take amrit because they are afraid that they can not keep rehat.

the fact is most amritdharis including myself break rehat every day, from not controlling our anger, to giving in to pride/ego/lust, to not doing our panj bania at the right time etc

then you find the ones that do, and instead of making them more peaceful and happy following rehat seems to have turned them into militant,stone cold, robots

what happens if your panj pyare have said something different to mine? whos god then should we believe? at the end of the day the only true guru is bani, everyones interpretation is different and unless you have read sanskrit bani in its original form and really understand the meaning of the angs then i dont think any of us has the presence of mind to be able to say this is wrong this is right. Lets all for once just focus on our own sikhi and give advice like its your brother/sister in the situation

as for the o.p i think (my opinion) its fine to take a job in that situation, earn your living from hard work stay humble and guru ji will see why you made the choices you have!

it depends how high you set the benchmark, getting angry is not breaking amrit, its how you react when you are angry that matters.

Amritdharis are only human, they are sikhs not Guru ji, but unfortunately non amritdharis think they have to be saints, which is not true, they have to folow certain rules agreed (rehat) taking amrit is the first step to becoming Khalsa, Its making a commitment to your Guru to try and follow his path, it does not mean you have become a Brahmgiani or found liberation that comes with Guru grace and kamai.

I have not taken Amrit.

says it all really, you have given no real evidence, its all your own views, lets suppose you are correct about the past, for you to eat meat is fine thats your choice not arguing about that, but those of us who have been told at our amrit sanchars not to eat meat by the panj pyare have to follow their command because they are Guru and the 10th Guru himself is present at that time,(is this what you refer to as slave mentality?), Now that we have been told in this day and age not to eat meat by the panj pyare the past is no longer applicable because the Guru can change his ruling at any time and we must follow, as for kutha meat that applies only when all other sources of food are exhausted/not available i.e famine etc.

For you to say my Gurus ate meat as did my ancestors i will too, thats your opinion/manmat,you follow your man, but some of us follow our Gurus ruling as it is today given to us at our amrit sanchar.

you eat your goat,etc what ever pleases you but kindly refrain from trying to make it sound like that eating meat is ok today in sikhi,and sikhs who say no to it are wrong, when clearly according to panj pyare at most amrit sanchars it is not ok to eat meat and i believe them over your manmat views, which will not help me here or in the next world !!!

When i myself was not amritdhari, i ate meat but i never for once said its ok in sikhi or my Guru ate eat, i will too etc, sounds like you are trying to justify why you eat it are you feeling guilty or something ? just shows how lost/foolish you are to make such a statement as this,if you eat then thats your problem who cares.

you eat it fine, we dont so lets leave it at that, the reason i made the statement about no meat is according to the hukam of most panj pyare if not all, (personally dont know any who say it is ok to eat it).

personally i dont believe a non amritdhari can say our rehat untill he/she fully commits to the Guru by offering their head/taking amrit and the reason i say this is that they can do something against rehat and not have to answer for it in the same way ,but an amritdhari has a serious dilema if he/she breaks rehat, thats why some people never commit and take amrit because they are afraid that they can not keep rehat.

We can keep going finding more gurudawaras fact is, you use the word believe a sikh should not belive anything as that indicates blind obdience. Why do you think guru ji took amrit as well? What if a gurudawara was corrupt and had fake panj pyare do you blindly go by w.e Akal takht as well says it's cool.

Thing is, without swearing, I have to inform you that sikhi is for all humanity and this line you draw between amrit and not amrit is up to guruji to draw not you. Not on some liberal love everyone stuff, but with that mentality well a muslim will be more saintly than you.

You also mention punishments, indicating that sikhi for this mentality comes from the head not the heart. Oo I'll get punished, fact is when u have sharda, vaheguru keeps even opportunities to commit kurehit away from you. Are you really afraid of some old man whipping you, or being excommunited from thebpanth? As the truth is thenonly thing that matters.

Remember that the khalsa has to run the panth,

It is blatantly obvious from guru nank dev ji but beside that I'm done. Will you be a leader in the panth or follow? This site is also a lot of akj no? That would change what people say, and sikhs asscoiating with it would have dif. Experiences.

I offered a lot of evidence, it's a sign of a believer to ignor evidence and continue talking, not a sikh.

Not offering advice, defending my panth.

I'd use daas instead of I but kb slow, real talks yo, eat meat, get strong, give shahadat, and get khalistan that's advice. If rehat given is different and is veggie talk to five and change it.

Guru is not be feared, remember that fear is opposite of love, which is all sikhi is.

VJKVJF

We can keep going finding more gurudawaras fact is, you use the word believe a sikh should not belive anything as that indicates blind obdience. Why do you think guru ji took amrit as well? What if a gurudawara was corrupt and had fake panj pyare do you blindly go by w.e Akal takht as well says it's cool.

Thing is, without swearing, I have to inform you that sikhi is for all humanity and this line you draw between amrit and not amrit is up to guruji to draw not you. Not on some liberal love everyone stuff, but with that mentality well a muslim will be more saintly than you.

You also mention punishments, indicating that sikhi for this mentality comes from the head not the heart. Oo I'll get punished, fact is when u have sharda, vaheguru keeps even opportunities to commit kurehit away from you. Are you really afraid of some old man whipping you, or being excommunited from thebpanth? As the truth is thenonly thing that matters.

Remember that the khalsa has to run the panth,

It is blatantly obvious from guru nank dev ji but beside that I'm done. Will you be a leader in the panth or follow? This site is also a lot of akj no? That would change what people say, and sikhs asscoiating with it would have dif. Experiences.

I offered a lot of evidence, it's a sign of a believer to ignor evidence and continue talking, not a sikh.

Not offering advice, defending my panth.

I'd use daas instead of I but kb slow, real talks yo, eat meat, get strong, give shahadat, and get khalistan that's advice. If rehat given is different and is veggie talk to five and change it.

Guru is not be feared, remember that fear is opposite of love, which is all sikhi is.

VJKVJF

Talk is cheap, i ignore manmukhs, i have sat with many meat eater,smokers,drinkers,gamblers in my time at least they know they are wrong but you justify your action by saying it is part of sikhi, if you truly follow your Guru then why are you afraid of amrit and talk about fake panj pyare, where have you met fake panj pyare its all in your head, to me you are fake who talks sikhi but ignores amrit/rehat , your comments and you will never be taken seriously actions speak louder than words!! go and eat your goat :lol2:

When did i say sikhi was not for all humanity ?

you object to the word believe it means to accept something is true, so according to you a sikh should not believe in anything, you have lost the plot!! do you believe SGGS ji or not.

As for punishment you worry about yourself not me, so you dont believe in the concept of punishment fine, i suggest you read/listen to Gurbani a little more carefully in future, but i suppose you twist the meanings to suit yourself like many other do. If you listen at all !

You say you offered a lot of evidence when ? its a sign of a believer to ignore evidence and continue talking, not a sikh.

Why would i listen to the ramblings of a manmukh when their are many parcharks and plus i can read for myself also i can judge what is right and wrong you know !! so now according to you anyone who does not listen to you is not a sikh, not another new baba are you !! :lol2:

I dont use the word Dass because no point showing humility if it does not come from within, that would be false, and at this moment in time talking to you i dont!

As for meat and getting strong giving shahdat etc what a load of bull !!!, I grew up on the same meat you keep going on about, now i dont eat it, i feel much healthier and stronger, so my personal experience out weighs your talk as far as i am concerned.

like previously stated i sat with many manmukhs, i was one myself been on both sides and i know whats best for me, so you follow your path, i will follow fine and we will both find out the truth in the end.

I have no doubt about that !! :biggrin2:

We have a lot of people on this forum who talk big on sikhi, but do not want to commit, and take Amrit, when i was not amritdhari i never came on this site or any other similiar sites. I kept my mouth shut because i thought how can i talk if i can not do it myself !! :no:, its one thing asking for advice/ chit chat etc but questioning core sikhi fundamentals and cant even commit, how these people can talk is unbelievable.

The End !

Guest Singhsoorma1984

You still don't understand what a belief is, no I don't believe in any guru as I hear them speak so I don't need to believe or explain it when you understand these things you will not say anything either. Now, you need to understand the meaning of khalsa, and guru Khalsa panth to know many things can be faked and may be a test for you to see if you will stand up to it.

How do you know who is a mankukh or gurmukh, if you think amrita automatically makes someone something, you are sadly mistaken. Remember ones hands are in everything.

The problem is, you don't understand paths. You have put sikhi into a mystical realm of idiocy where you would scream at things like Sukha and Mehtab Singh letting their hair down, or jinda N Sukha cutting their temporarily.

I could take amrit, right now but what value would I be to the panth in a crippled state? There paths, plans, and hukams you don't understand. Maybe you are not meant to, we're not some hippies.

You being healthier and stronger can be many other reasons as I'm talking science.

Amrit is not a commitment to the guru, it's the next evolution of man.. lol.

VJKVJF||

My reply is not showing up, all I have to say is Amrit is not a commitment to the guru, it is the next evolution of man.. lol.

VJKVJF||

Maybe because I never logged in but it asked for a code and I entered that plus my name maybe it thinks I'm impersonating myself. Could an admin fix that? He and a few others should read it.

Based on my understanding after listening katha of parchariks and mahapursh, taking Amrit is an admission to school then there is study of different grades and various test one has to go through go through diploma, degree, masters and PhD. What defines man-mukh and gurmukh is one affected by panj chors is manmukh and one who have conquered panj chors is gurmukh which is another name for sant or bhramgyani so before bhramgyan we are all manmukhs sure we are all different and panj vices effect us differently, some higher or lower but one main vice which is common among all is veil of ego so until that veil of ego is removed by naam simran, nishkam seva and ultimately by guru maharaj grace we are all manmukhs regardless of how hard self righteous cactus jacks like one to believe otherwise. It's simple clear and cut and this way one is much more focused on themselves rather to get into play dharam raj role of judging other is manmukh. I believe ultimately guru sahib and it's bhramgyanis in form of Panj Piaarey ulitmately have right to focus on character and claim if they are total manmukh and provide guidance as doctor gives different medicine to different patients based on individual condition. Off course one have to uphold Sri akaal takht maryada but upholding maryada being steady and firm on your stance is one thing and rejecting another person in its totality by looking at avgunas only (not looking at gunas) is another.