Gay Marriage Legalized In California- How Should Sikhs Feel About This?

Oh go friend, you here Nihang Singhs pulling gay lesbian in topic...for no reason drink make

poori latt baanh bhann shaddi tu angrejji di, mai kithe maha prasad di gall karda si te tu drinks piyoun lappeya!

Yaar aj ton bahad assi Punjabi vich hee gal kariya.

Engreji bohlan da swad ni aunda. Avain moou vinga kar-ke Engreji bohli jaande ah saare.

aaho eh vi theeka, baahla nah mooh vinga kari, ehvi koi sochuga bande de dandaan ch nuks aa :p

Homosexuality is entirely against Sikh principled and, not surprisingly, condemned by Sri Akal Takht Sahib. What I don't understand is why are we running to protects the 'rights' of homosexuals. If in Sikhi homosexuality is a sin, why should we have any obligation in protecting their 'rights'. Would you protect the 'rights' of a rapist, paedophile or murderer? After all their people too.

Homosexuals are here to indulge worldly pleasures. This is maya. A Sikhs job is to tune in to the wold hereafter. A sikh is not interested in such things. Naturally, marriage is between man and wife only since procreation is integral to marriage.

Homosexuality is entirely against Sikh principled and, not surprisingly, condemned by Sri Akal Takht Sahib. What I don't understand is why are we running to protects the 'rights' of homosexuals. If in Sikhi homosexuality is a sin, why should we have any obligation in protecting their 'rights'. Would you protect the 'rights' of a rapist, paedophile or murderer? After all their people too.

Homosexuals are here to indulge worldly pleasures. This is maya. A Sikhs job is to tune in to the wold hereafter. A sikh is not interested in such things. Naturally, marriage is between man and wife only since procreation is integral to marriage.

Yeah... Don't think being a homosexual is quite the same as being a rapist/murderer/peadophile.

Yeah... Don't think being a homosexual is quite the same as being a rapist/murderer/peadophile.

I knew I would get accused of drawing this comparison. But what's wrong with that? All I'm saying is that, according to sikh principles, homosexuality is a sin just like many other practices like rape etc. I'm not in the business of saying which is worse - let's leave that for Dharam Rai to decide. So if we agree it is a sin why endorse such behaviour abd why worry about protecting the right's of people to practice this behaviour? Do you not see the contradiction?

I would vehemently argue that anyone is born homosexual. This is a western construct to defend homosuxuality. Akal purakh created us is rehat but we 'choose' to astray from this. Fair enough experiences can shape who you become but Sikhi is about giving your head to Guru JI.

I have addressed a few arguments made in favour of homosexuality:

Question: homosexuality is not mentioned in SGGSJ, nor did the Guru’s speak if it? Why then is it against Sikh conduct?

Answer: That is a flawed argument in support of something which is principally ‘kaam’. There is no mention of paedophila in SGGSJ. Does this make it acceptable? This is a flawd argument to reconcile Sikh principles with 21st century ideology. I’m not sure of this but is even ‘rape’ mentioned in SGGSJ?

Question: Scientists say there is a strong genetic link with sexual orientation therefore it is beyond one’s control i.e.it Is not a choice.

Answer: The truth is scientists will tell you they have found a genetic link for any sort of human behaviour. There is a genetic link for psychopathic murderer’s and rapists. Does that make their behaviour acceptable? This is like saying psychopathic murderer’s can’t choose to be another way and their actions are not only acceptable but justified in Sikhi. I currently work in psychiatry and we meet people who are antisocial, violent, rude and will do anything to direct attention towards themselves. Their often involved in domestic violence, social misconduct, child abuse, drug addiction etc. They more often than not are diagnosed with personality disorder. Needless to say there is a strong genetic link with personality disorder. Should the law stop punishing them because there is a ‘genetic cause’ for their behaviour? The genetic argument is a lame one to justify homosexuality and that gays have no choice. We don’t let genetics mitigate any other human behaviour, so why should we let it mitigate homosexuality?

WJKK. WJKF.

Question: Scientists say there is a strong genetic link with sexual orientation therefore it is beyond one’s control i.e.it Is not a choice.

Ask, scientists today science is about politics. They are hand to mouth for grants, and yea they will find what wants to be found.

Look up all the metal tools found in rocks 100k's years old, or footprints with dinosaurs or humans milions of years old wearing sandals.

Why is the most ancient name for India, Island??

The most ancient human name given.

VJKVJF||

Does Satguru say heterosexuals can do as they please after Anand Karaj or has Satguru instructed Sikh married couples conduct? Heterosexuality and homosexuality are both rejected in Sikhi. You don't need to be heterosexual to have your own kids or to even live a householders lifestyle. There are many dangers to the body for heterosexuals and homosexuals. Both think in the same manner and are wishing for the same excitement, but one is permitted by society and the other is restricted by man made laws.

I agree that Anand Karaj is for man and woman only as Satguru instructed us and this cannot be changed. But being a heterosexual is just much of a sin as being homosexual. Satguru says to rise above both lower energies. If heterosexuals were so righteous they would see that Raam exist in all and adopt a child from a poor country. But heterosexuals need a kid that looks like them, with their DNA, with their features and skin color. Who will carry on our family name............an adopted child.....never he is not one of us. What if the adopted child does not love me as much, where will I get my moh from and who will fill the empty hole in my life.... Religion should not be used to mask either sides failings.

Public safety is the only reason why homosexuals should not be allowed to be married in front of the secular court. But life and liberty over powers the right of public safety as there is a low risk on public safety. If people are worried about public safety around health care they should really be advocating to banning smoking and other highly addictive substance all together. Many establishments are started off the bases of heterosexuality and they have a huge negative impact on society. Yet they are openly promoted by all sources of media and institutions.

Christian's really have a problem with homosexuality because secular regulations and policies are not so secular as they start off with God.