Happy Canada Day To All Canadian Sikhs!

N30S1NGH

Canada's a shythole. My friend and his family migrated from UK there in 1987 and they were back in six months.

Apnay in Canada are a queer bunch. You see them in Punjab with their maple leaf flags on their cars. You don't get apnay from UK or even USA do that.

The accent is also a piece of crud as well

Well not according to some punjabis living here, they are living here at large fully milking social services- some are into drugs, some work 6 months and 6 months milk the system in lay offs, some are sitting in welfare, some are working cash, some are evading tax, some are drug trafickkers, some endorse abortion/honor killing, committing insurance frauds some punjabi marrying their cousins/sisters (living example of bhen ____ ) to get here but indeed some came here as genuine refuges around 1984, worked hard and fully integrated but then some refugges came here- milked the system fully and on top of that form their own ghetto have no concept of integration.

Overall only 1% of punjabis come across as ungrateful self loathing, self praising, self absorbed, self policing, self entitled, self privileged but since they make most noise they appear quite a bit, some of punjabis have to work twice as hard to recover all the bad image and to show their nation pride nothing wrong with that.

There are many many great integrated punjabi sikhs who set a good example in media here- navdeep bains, jagmeet singh, tim uppal, balpreet singh representing wso, hockey night in punjabi commentors, rcmp singhs - baltej singh dhillon and many sikhs in law enforcement agencies, ems, doctors etc.!!

Canada's a shythole. My friend and his family migrated from UK there in 1987 and they were back in six months.

Apnay in Canada are a queer bunch. You see them in Punjab with their maple leaf flags on their cars. You don't get apnay from UK or even USA do that.

The accent is also a piece of crud as well

Well my town has sizeable amount of British Sikhs these days. So I take it your friend is the one with an issue especially given Canada is usually ranked higher than UK when comes to living standards.

UK is real <banned word filter activated> hole filled with Muslim grooming gangs and Eastern European mobsters thanks to UK joining EU.

Well my town has sizeable amount of British Sikhs these days. So I take it your friend is the one with an issue especially given Canada is usually ranked higher than UK when comes to living standards.

UK is real <banned word filter activated> hole filled with Muslim grooming gangs and Eastern European mobsters thanks to UK joining EU.

I'll you what PSingh13, I really do agree with you in that Canada is a much much better place to live a family life. In fact, in my earlier messages I even stated how I feel it is THE best place for a quiet family life in the world.

Regarding your above point though, and being one of those statistics of UK Sikh families that moved to Canada, I can tell you that the vast majority of UK Sikhs that live in Canada are from the 'north' of England...i.e Birmingham etc. We moved there when I was 8 and the whole famlly moved back to London less than a year later. Thats a very similar story for many if not most London Sikh families that move there. From London, Canada is very much a step down and only really suitable for a middle aged couple if living alone without children.

Every time I visit Canada though, and I visit often, I do notice a certain phenonemon.........When white Canadians find out I'm from London they get stary eyed and tell me how it is their dream to live and work there one day. When Punjabi Canadians find out I'm from London there is either a negative reaction or no reaction, in fact one elderly Sikh Canadian once asked me if it was true that London is so dirty with industrial smoke that you can't see more than 2 feet ahead of you :stupidme:

London killed Paris for a dead a decade ago and is now killing New York. Its an unstoppable machine. Its no country for old men. And young highly educated and creative white Canadians are here in their hundreds of thousands being at the heart of the action. Sikh Canadians tend to mss out nbecause of their negative notions. Just to give you an example, more New York banks have their offices in London than New York itself. New York city officials are pleading with the regulators to ease off with regulation as London is leaving them for dead. Canadian Sikhs really need to shake off their negative thoughts and share in some of the booty in London. With their English common law tradition and British heritage they are ideally placed to succeed in all manner of vocations such as Law, banking etc. Read what the prestigious New York Times has to say :

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/03/04/magazine/how-london-surpassed-wall-street.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

I'm far from an expert on these matters, but WLS/Legal Singh's version does sound familiar to me. There were many Sikhs from the Midlands and North who emigrated. One family I knew from Wolverhampton sold their pub and moved across the pond, only to hate it so much that they moved back to Wolves and bought the same pub back! Now, I'm no immigration expert, but things have to be pretty bad in Canada for one to move back to Wolves! :lol2: :stupidme: