Infilteration Of Castiesm In Sikhism - How To Tackle This Bhraminical Sickness That Diseased Our Equality-Basedsikh Society

thnks ekgurjaskhalsa ji :)

and from above posts we can say that majority of us are firmly against it

*Not just majority can be against it Concerned Veerji. 100% of Sikhs must oppose it tooth and nail as Guru Sahib ordered.

*Baisakhi da matlab saaf ehde khilaaf si and so was everything our Guru Sahiban said since Guru Nanak Dev Ji.

concernedsingh, on 06 Jul 2013 - 04:05, said:

firstly about educating our younger generations yes we can do that what u said but it ll take a lot of time for it to eradicate it

*In this modern time it can be wiped out as fast as Guru Sahib wiped out the custom of Sati. Straight away Sikhs stopped following old hangovers from Hinduism and Islam. Now we are openly copying them on this, praying to peers, going on pilgrimages and so forth.

i think maybe institutions like sri akal takht sahib ji that have power in sikhism can and should also take some steps

but like other issues they have convieniently shut off their mouths on this matter also(GOD KNOWS WHY...)

it ll surely help in tackling it fastly..(my opinion)

*Very true. Other matters should be pushed lower down the agenda. This should be one of the top, alongside abortions and drugs.

secondly , inter (so called) caste marraiges can also be very much helpful but here's the problem.. our elders oppose it and see it with great hatred as if like a sin

*These elders are not Sikh. Elders who go against Gurmat like this don't deserve respect if they disagree with Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji Maharaj.

moreover some people in pinds are not educated enough to understand the diff. between inter religion and intercaste marraiges moreover some cases even get voilent if question of such marraiges come up.. this sadly include murder of their own children in so called hounour of fake castes thing..

this problem is more prominent in village areas but even in cities it is existing..

many people with higher education degrees and posts also behave like illiterate when they speak about these bhraminical things that are a shame to sikhism the so called modern society becomes prehistoric when they speak about these things

*Very true. Our farz is to explain Gurmat to them. If they want to still abuse Sikhi then they have clearly chosen another path.

some people even say that they are jatts or ramgharias or of so so caste first and then sikh..

*Sikhs can only be Sikh. Anybody with another identity is not Sikh. Guru Gobind Singh Ji Maharaj said Kul nash sadi pechaan hai

some idiotic people say that religion is man made but castes comes from DNA ..lol

*Even this is bakwas as different biraderi share 99% same dna

i have myself seen people making fun of others coz they belong to some other caste.

*The people making fun must be tackled by Gursikhs. When these non-Sikhs insult Tarkhan they insult Bhai Lalo Ji, when they insult Kamboh they insult Shaheed Bhai Satwant Singh Ji, when they insult Jatt they insult Baba Deep Singh Ji, when they insult Walia they insult Sardar Jassa Singh Ahluwalia, when they insult Chamar they insult Dhan Dhan Ravidas Ji Maharaj, when they insult Julahe they insult Dhan Dhan Kabir Ji Maharaj, when they insult Bhappe they insult Sardar Hari Singh Nalwa, when they insult chure they insult Bhai Jiwan Singh Ji, when they insult Brahmin they insult Bhai Mati Das, Bhai Sati Das Ji, when they insult Gujjar they insult Banda Singh Bahadur Ji, when they insult Jhir they insult Bhai Himmat Singh Ji, when they insult Chimbe they insult Dhan Dhan Bhagat Namdev Ji Maharaj, when they insult Mirasi they insult Bhai Mardana Ji. The list can be never ending. All of our Panth's greatest true Guru ke Sikh turned their back on biraderi and only cared for the brotherhood and identity of mukth Gurmukhs and Khalsa Panth rather than these Hindu and Muslim caste labels which go against Baisakhi 1699 and everything that represented.

even the todays punjabi media films and lachhar geets in a way promote these stupid things and they highly influence the youth to adopt thses idiotic practices thus promoting this illness of castiesm in younger generations also..all this indeed is very much sad...

*Very true. Manmohan Singh Director and Gurbir Grewal director and others should be politely approached by Sikhs to make sure that biraderi and sharab are not promoted but always presented in negative light. If we approach musicians with nimrata maybe even they can do.

hnji harjit singh veerji

me aap ji de naal puri tara sehmat haa

par ji gl eh hai k sanu eh gla te eh sb thoughts that tackle castiesm, nu promote krna chahida oh v vde level te te full fledgedly pr sadi sunda koi ni j koi sade jathedar es khilaf morcha la len ta kuch asr hoye

me apne level te ta vdh toh vdh 10 ya 15 janeya nu smja skda

j asi sare v ese tra 10 10 jneya nu smjayiye tavi frk pe jayega ji

me ta ji eho jahe bndeya nu v jaanda jo pahaul chhak k v apne aap nu jatt ya khatri kahaunde te dujya da mjak udaunde j smjan di koshish kro fr jida tuc dsya na k oh sb singh flani flani biradri de san ta oh v ehi nukta dende ne k caste ta hundi c

so tuhanu v benti karuga k tuc v eh gl nu chahe positive hi krde ho pr u shud refrain it frm using to prove our point coz v shudnt associate those singhs wd any caste or creed

wjkk wjkf

^^^ Concerned Veerji. Mai tuhade nal pura 100% sehmat haa.

Harek Sikh panj hor nu samjave Gurmat bare nimrata nal te asi kithe de kithe paunch jage.

Sade Bhagat te Gurmukh jo si ohna di koi biraderi nehi si lekin ohna da misal dithah si janke ke ohi insaan jere Sikhi de khilaaf ne birdaeri vich vishwaas karde ne

ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਪ੍ਰਸਾਦਿ ॥ One Universal Creator God. By The Grace Of The True Guru:
Soohee, Fourth Mehl, Sixth House:
ਨੀਚ ਜਾਤਿ ਹਰਿ ਜਪਤਿਆ ਉਤਮ ਪਦਵੀ ਪਾਇ ॥ When someone of low social class chants the Lord's Name, he obtains the state of highest dignity.

ਪੂਛਹੁ ਬਿਦਰ ਦਾਸੀ ਸੁਤੈ ਕਿਸਨੁ ਉਤਰਿਆ ਘਰਿ ਜਿਸੁ ਜਾਇ ॥੧॥ Go and ask Bidar, the son of a maid; Krishna himself stayed in his house. ||1||

ਹਰਿ ਕੀ ਅਕਥ ਕਥਾ ਸੁਨਹੁ ਜਨ ਭਾਈ ਜਿਤੁ ਸਹਸਾ ਦੂਖ ਭੂਖ ਸਭ ਲਹਿ ਜਾਇ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥ Listen, O humble Siblings of Destiny, to the Unspoken Speech of the Lord; it removes all anxiety, pain and hunger. ||1||Pause||
ਰਵਿਦਾਸੁ ਚਮਾਰੁ ਉਸਤਤਿ ਕਰੇ ਹਰਿ ਕੀਰਤਿ ਨਿਮਖ ਇਕ ਗਾਇ ॥ Ravi Daas, the leather-worker, praised the Lord, and sang the Kirtan of His Praises each and every instant.

ਪਤਿਤ ਜਾਤਿ ਉਤਮੁ ਭਇਆ ਚਾਰਿ ਵਰਨ ਪਏ ਪਗਿ ਆਇ ॥੨॥ Although he was of low social status, he was exalted and elevated, and people of all four castes came and bowed at his
feet. ||2||

ਖਤ੍ਰੀ ਬ੍ਰਾਹਮਣ ਪਿਠਿ ਦੇ ਛੋਡੇ ਹਰਿ ਨਾਮਦੇਉ ਲੀਆ ਮੁਖਿ ਲਾਇ ॥੩॥ The Lord turned His back on the high-class Kashatriyas and Brahmins, and showed His face to Naam Dayv. ||3||

ਜਿਤਨੇ ਭਗਤ ਹਰਿ ਸੇਵਕਾ ਮੁਖਿ ਅਠਸਠਿ ਤੀਰਥ ਤਿਨ ਤਿਲਕੁ ਕਢਾਇ ॥ All of the devotees and servants of the Lord have the tilak, the ceremonial mark, applied to their foreheads at the sixty-eight sacred shrines of pilgrimage.
ਜਨੁ ਨਾਨਕੁ ਤਿਨ ਕਉ ਅਨਦਿਨੁ ਪਰਸੇ ਜੇ ਕ੍ਰਿਪਾ ਕਰੇ ਹਰਿ ਰਾਇ ॥੪॥੧॥੮॥ Servant Nanak shall touch their feet night and day, if the Lord, the King, grants His Grace. ||4||1||8||

• 2 weeks later...

I think it exist for many reasons primarily due to the influence of hinduism, of tribes, of status, of wealth and of how it is identified in our history. The only way for it to be destroyed is to intermarry let the jatts give their daughters in marriage to tarkhans, to bhappa and all vice versa slowly the caste system will be no more.

• 2 weeks later...

pretty much everyone is intermarrying already

and there are a brave few parents who defy the duniya and support their kids marriages to other castes regardless of what the pronai say

How many marriages last between different types of cultural background people. Even between the same so called caste like Jatt, tarkhans, and bhappa their are different cultural upbringings. For these very reason a jatt Amritsar would not marry a jatt from Ludhiana. It does happen, but many of these cases end up in divorce. No matter how western a child may have become, the core beliefs of this child come from his parents, who received their core values from the region they grow up in Punjab. Take the people from Hazur Sahib and take the people from Punjab. They are the complete opposite when it comes to implementing values. They all look the same with dastars and Bana, but their core values are carried out differently and for these very reasons marriages don't work between different cultural backgrounds people.

The way to end the caste is to recognize that everyone is an atma and their is only one destination. No one goes to hell, heaven, paradise island, wonderland, Disney land, fairy land, or any other type of land. The clay looks and what comes out of the clay is all different, but that light which powers the clay is the same in all.

Today you want to fix the caste system by having intermarriages between different cultural backgrounds, but what about tomorrow. When a Sikh and Christian don't see each other as equals? What will you do then? Tell the Sikh and Christian to marry each other?

Doesn't matter what a person's core beliefs are or how different they maybe from another. You want them to respect each other. Tell them they are both made from the same clay and have the same light residing in them by Satguru's Bani.

Take for example n3o singh and I. We are the complete opposite, but at the end of the day, both say, Satguru kirpa kar to the other. No one told us to get hitched...........lol...........and neither do either one of us fly that way........lol

True bro, there is no escaping from guru maharaj bachan - Bisar gayi sab tat PRAIE II, Sab gobind hai sab gobind hai.. .. all of us have to be honest with ourselves.. My road to salvation goes through following the above maha Vaks.. there is no escaping.. at the end of day there is no one to kid, no one to argue, no one to take sides, no one to make point, no one to hate or worldly love - raag and davaish.. as real self is one and in all.. and all in one. .. i am coming to terms slowly just like every body else. Vahiguroo kirpan karan... just had recent mishap with panj choor- kaam.. maya test online and I initially try to sway myself away but ended up falling in traps of maya and failing the test.. so coming in terms with it..Guru maharaj Vahiguroo kirpa karan..uphill journey a head.

On light note bro I am in town in Van.. Wanna hook up and make out.. Hehe.. I mean make out as in get together and do simran.