Infilteration Of Castiesm In Sikhism - How To Tackle This Bhraminical Sickness That Diseased Our Equality-Basedsikh Society

we are all aware of the trends in present day society
there is one great demon of brahminical origin that is far away form sikh principles but still has crept in sikh societies

we commonly are confronted with words like -

jatts,ramgharias,bhappas,khatris etc etc...

and ego-clashes among them

how and from where this castiesm has crept in our society ??

the society which was based on:-

"manas ki jaat sabhae eko pehchaanbo"

what problems and dillusions it causes in minds of sikhs???

and how should we eradicate it and tackle it in our daily life???

waheguru jika khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh :)

thanks "dasamsarblohgranth" jio for your great infor regarding the jaat-paat da bhed and how gurbani makes it crystal clear that sikhs shoul not engage in such discrimination..

Being a sikh i am too firmly against it

but as we see the ground reality most of the people in sikh societies asscociate them with this caste system and there are even clashes commonly seen in colleges of punjab .

people of so called higher caste try to push down people of so called lower caste.

even we may have relatives that associate themselves wiith a particular caste.

generally if see in society people will say that they are modernised the dont believe in castes ... this and that but when question of marraige of their children comes up all their modern thoughts are put in a sack and they revert to this jaati system to find a match ...
so in social terms what solution should be suggested to eradicate it completely ??

I was listening to a katha once where the veecharak made a very controversial but critical point. Hindus don't need to open any temples today because gurughars have become parallel ritual-houses of theres. Cast is just one of the many problems we face. This is going of on a tangent but is still related, families hold akhand paaths but how many actually stay with maharaj and do seva????

ਜਾਧ ਥਾਕ਼ ਅੱਸੀ ਬਖਰੇ ਬਖਰੇ ਗੁਰਦਵਾਰੇ ਰਾਖਾਗੇ ਥਾੜ ਥਾਕ਼ ਇਹ ਬਿਮਾਰੀ ਚਾਲ੍ਲੁਗੀ

ਲੋਕਾ ਨੂ ਸ਼ਾਦੀ ਆਪਣੀ ਬਿਰਾਦੇਰੀ ਵਿਚ ਕਰਨ ਥੋ ਰੋਕਣਾ ਪਵੇਗਾ

See this is my point, you stick your leg even in threads that are pertaining to Sikhs and shouldn't bother you. And then when someone says something about Islam you raise the red flag. Why can't you just leave us alone veer, LOL? If you love us that much, you're free to become one of us. Atleast with Sikhs you can be glad they won't chop your head off just in case you choose to go back to Islam ;)

I'm not sure if its caste-ism or clan-ism....

Jatts, Arain, rajputs blah blah are clans...not castes...

Don't know about India...But Pakistani Punjab has a huge problem of clanism..People identify with their clans...SPECIALLY in their voting patterns...which is a huge problem for people like me who are trying to break the political monopoly of Shareef Family over Punjab!

btw..I belong to the most superior clan of 'em all :biggrin2:

Unlike the rest of India, the caste system is a bit different in Punjab or even across the border in Pak Punjab. But whether one calls it casteism or clanism, it is not a good system for the people as a whole.

thnks ekgurjaskhalsa ji :)

and from above posts we can say that majority of us are firmly against it

firstly about educating our younger generations yes we can do that what u said but it ll take a lot of time for it to eradicate it

i think maybe institutions like sri akal takht sahib ji that have power in sikhism can and should also take some steps

but like other issues they have convieniently shut off their mouths on this matter also(GOD KNOWS WHY...)

it ll surely help in tackling it fastly..(my opinion)

secondly , inter (so called) caste marraiges can also be very much helpful but here's the problem.. our elders oppose it and see it with great hatred as if like a sin

moreover some people in pinds are not educated enough to understand the diff. between inter religion and intercaste marraiges

moreover some cases even get voilent if question of such marraiges come up.. this sadly include murder of their own children in so called hounour of fake castes thing..

this problem is more prominent in village areas but even in cities it is existing..

many people with higher education degrees and posts also behave like illiterate when they speak about these bhraminical things that are a shame to sikhism

the so called modern society becomes prehistoric when they speak about these things

some people even say that they are jatts or ramgharias or of so so caste first and then sikh..

some idiotic people say that religion is man made but castes comes from DNA ..lol

i have myself seen people making fun of others coz they belong to some other caste..

even the todays punjabi media films and lachhar geets in a way promote these stupid things and they highly influence the youth to adopt thses idiotic practices thus promoting this illness of castiesm in younger generations also..

all this indeed is very much sad...