North/south

Big_Tera

Is their a big difference between Sikhs or Asians as a whole in the North of England and the South?

Yes. Massive difference.

Having been to various cities across the UK. I Find that the Asians in the North are a lot more traditional with keeping with their culture and religion. especially in places like Birmingham. But in London and the South they are more westernized.

Well, its all subjective because we each to see what we want our eyes to see but in my experience I've found the complete opposite. Whenever I go to Birmingham for example the first thing I notice is how there are so many 'Punjabi' girls with dyed ginger and blonde hair and silly hair-cut hair styles. You really don't see that as much in London and the south where natural black and long is the norm. Also, with the men, they all seem to love going to pubs in Birmingham and the north. For the London / South going to the pub is very very very rare. Unless you think staying in with the family instead of drinking alcohol in pubs is being 'westernised' I think you're mistaken with your assertion.

I find places like Manchester, where there are hardly any Sikhs and the Muslims down there don't even resemble 'Asian' but look more Arabic/Moroccan descent

I've seen them. They do not have any 'Arabic/ Moroccon' features. What they have is Persian features, which is understandable as most of Manchester's 'Asians' are kashmiri. We have a lot of Arabic / Moroccon' types here in London as London seems to be attracting millions of these types from France. With free movement within the EU, hundreds of thousands of French muslims and blacks are escaping the endemic and institutionalised racism of Paris and making their home in London instead. By and large, the Arabic / Moroccon types in the UK tend to be berber types in that they are darker than us Punjabis.

Yes. Massive difference.

Well, its all subjective because we each to see what we want our eyes to see but in my experience I've found the complete opposite. Whenever I go to Birmingham for example the first thing I notice is how there are so many 'Punjabi' girls with dyed ginger and blonde hair and silly hair-cut hair styles. You really don't see that as much in London and the south where natural black and long is the norm. Also, with the men, they all seem to love going to pubs in Birmingham and the north. For the London / South going to the pub is very very very rare. Unless you think staying in with the family instead of drinking alcohol in pubs is being 'westernised' I think you're mistaken with your assertion.

I've seen them. They do not have any 'Arabic/ Moroccon' features. What they have is Persian features, which is understandable as most of Manchester's 'Asians' are kashmiri. We have a lot of Arabic / Moroccon' types here in London as London seems to be attracting millions of these types from France. With free movement within the EU, hundreds of thousands of French muslims and blacks are escaping the endemic and institutionalised racism of Paris and making their home in London instead. By and large, the Arabic / Moroccon types in the UK tend to be berber types in that they are darker than us Punjabis.

Yes. Massive difference.

Shere Punjab Birmingham which had over 400 members spent alot time in Pubs, London people are watered down, allot are un street wise apart from Singh Row, there too middle class and too educated and stuck up

Im not too sure. But I hear that Sikhs get pushed around a lot in Birmingham, is this true? On the other hand in London, i.e. Southall, Sikhs are pretty close and don't take crap. For example years ago they went to slough to beat up Pakistanis for attacking them in Southall. This is quite contradictory because I hear Sikhs in slough are quite strong and keep their own, is this true?

Im not too sure. But I hear that Sikhs get pushed around a lot in Birmingham, is this true? On the other hand in London, i.e. Southall, Sikhs are pretty close and don't take crap. For example years ago they went to slough to beat up Pakistanis for attacking them in Southall. This is quite contradictory because I hear Sikhs in slough are quite strong and keep their own, is this true?

The Pakistanis couldnt touch Punjabi Sikh youth/men from 1978-1989, we had them over,

The 90s our people on BHAM moved on became educated, moved out of rough areas, became watered down, the Paks also maintained large family numbers we now 1-3 kids max. the 90s saw the rise of radical muslims and Pakistani drug dealing gangs.

Sp Southalll / Slough had a good in 1997 but it was the revivial we needed. Slough, Maidendhead, etc are miserable areas, people were that street wise they are more now.

Southall people are like city folk from Bham or London.

Yeh I noticed when I went to Southall that there aren't really any Muslim gangs, only Sikhs gangs like that AK47. Also no Sikh gets bullied by anyone, otherwise a whole load of people will come out onto the Broadway, especially freshies. I noticed there are so many Sikh people living in slough, especially around the villages near Heathrow. Apparently there are a lot of 'Punjabi' dealers in Slough. At least these are some places Pakistanis don't try mess around with Sikhs, otherwise they know what's coming to them lol

The Pakistanis couldnt touch Punjabi Sikh youth/men from 1978-1989, we had them over,

The 90s our people on BHAM moved on became educated, moved out of rough areas, became watered down, the Paks also maintained large family numbers we now 1-3 kids max. the 90s saw the rise of radical muslims and Pakistani drug dealing gangs.

Sp Southalll / Slough had a good in 1997 but it was the revivial we needed. Slough, Maidendhead, etc are miserable areas, people were that street wise they are more now.

Southall people are like city folk from Bham or London.

Yes I agree. However now that there are so many Pakistani people in Birmingham its hard to really compete with them. On the other hand southall has so many Sikh people and many more because of the freshies and afghanis who have come over. Sikhs are spread out all over west London, even in the villages around heathrow. Pakistanis may breed a lot, but there are still less Pakistanis than Sikhs in west London. I hear old school gangsters in southall are still active, as well as the Ak47 street gang who are a recognised gang by the met police. Slough still has a lot of Sikh people even if there are more Pakistanis, there are still so many Sikh people living in the villages surrounding slough; I think we could still hold our own. Additionally I hear there are many 'punjabi' dealers in slough, so they must have contacts. Chalvey boys no longer exist because there are many polish, as well as Sikhs living in chalvey.