Maybe not during sports like Golf Veerji if you're wearing a du-rag then. But if u feel it would be anti-Gurmat then just wear special hi-tech shades with your Dastaar.

I mean while wearing a round dastar would it be considered against Gurmat?

Yeah shades isn't a problem, but I just wanted to be sure before I went out and bought a visor for a hike.

hoe sikh topi dhare saat janam khuste hoe mare

Lol I've read that rehitnama but is this really a topi since I'd wear a dastar...

I'm starting to regret making this topic lol

@OP DAAS JUST HAD HIS OPINION SO NO WORRY :)

ONCE OR TWICE DAAS DID A MISTAKE OF WEARING ONE AND WASN'T IN SIKHI WHEN HE WAS 11 OR SO AND NOW HE HIGHLY FEELS SORRY FOR IT :(

So I guess a visor is considered a topi then eh.

I mean while wearing a round dastar would it be considered against Gurmat?

Yeah shades isn't a problem, but I just wanted to be sure before I went out and bought a visor for a hike.

Maybe it's ok because it's not as if you are wearing the visor as a replacement for the dastar, like those people who wear caps instead. Your main aim is most likely protecting your eyes from the sunlight whilst hiking. Although I think in your case getting sunglasses would be your best option, they will look better and be more comfortable with your dastar compared to a visor.

• Like 2

Its not a topi because a topi has to cover the full head and a topi.This you are also wearing for your protection agianst the sun...Its not like your wearing as a fashion statment.If you can wear your dastar and this then go ahead.Have fun hiking :)

• 2 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

• Topics

• This is what I'm talking about. Can you imagine this happening in Europe and the USA let alone India? Apne are just as bad as respecting whites over others and this is seen in pretty much every other ethnic group. The main reasons are- the vast majority of white nations don't have abject poverty and they have invented and discovered so many things. People therefore think that whites are rich and that also gets them respect. Do you think a Korean or Japanese will get respect by the average Indian in India? They'll probably get mistaken for a poor Nepali or North East Indian and be called chinky.
    • True bro in 2011 when 1.7% of Indians were enumerated as Sikhs that translated as 20million Sikhs back in 2011. The problem is that with a vastly below replacement fertility rate since 2011 there is no guarantee that Sikhs will be much more than 20million by 2050 or the 2051 census when the Indian population is projected to 1,650-1,700 million with Muslims on track to be 350million among that figure. The Sikh population in India needs to be 100million plus strong by the planned census of 2051 if we diaspora Sikhs do our best to financially support education, healthcare and parchaar to the most economically weak communities in Punjab and throughout India.
    • Scomo is just doing what every politician does. Remeber when there were state elections a few years ago, had a few politicians come to the gurdwara on a few Sunday afternoons while all the aunties and uncles could not understand a thing.
    • Day 1 finally got up at 4am today without alarm clock, hoping to keep it going this summer
    • Not really but been to some south east asian countries like Thailand,Singapore and stuff but I'm talking about like korea and japan and the people from there that i have met. They seem just as materialistic. They also see the world in hierarchies and think whites at top and then them at 2nd and all of us below them. I had many east asians in my uni including international students. They will respect white people way more than they will respect other people of color. Maybe it was the past that the societies had an influence of confucion thought like in Punjab sikhi uplifted many people but look at the state of it today. Even Korea now is largely influenced  by Christianity since America helped them rebuild their society and anyone can tell its a largely materialistic society at this point. Also the spiritual Japanese culture is long gone now.

Important Information

Terms of Use