Gay Sikh Twitter Account An Anti-Sikh Conspriacy Against Sikhism?

genie

Even Indira Gandhi is welcome into Sikhi, well not this life time because she got the axe. Your statements are purposely loaded to get an emotional reaction from others. This type of manipulation is more harmful than chasing after sexuality. I know that Punjabi culture encourages manipulation (being chalak), but Sikhi does not stand for it.

It is obvious you do not have the knowledge on ALL religions to make such bold statements and once again you are being chalak. Sometimes we need to think on our feet and not follow elders in our lives. :biggrin2:

Go on friend, you explain what is the difference between Sikhs and all other main stream religion?

This is not being manipulative, it's to open a discussion.

Thanks.

Go on friend, you explain what is the difference between Sikhs and all other main stream religion?

It's not like Sikh faith is any different to any other religion out there, they are all same.

Mr K.Phull Ji, the answer to your belief that Sikhi is just the same as any old religion out there is pretty simple.

Sikhi is the ONLY faith in which only actions count in front of God.

Sikhi is the ONLY faith in which actions count for more than words or the so-called faith a child has been raised in or even sexuality/race/gender/caste. For example a good homosexual doctor saving lives is better than people like KP Gill.

Jews believe that only the chosen people (males among whom must be circumcised) were granted Israel + will get to Heaven.

Christians believe that non-Christians and those who don't believe in the virgin birth of Jesus will end up in Hell.

Muslims believe in a 54 year old man who had sexual intercourse with a 9year old child Aisha and that those who don't believe this pedophile was the best example to humanity for all time will end up burning in Hell forever + ever.

Hindu's believe that each individual is put in a caste or social status appropriate to their previous sins + will remain so.

The message of Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji opposes caste, opposes mistreatment of the poor+weak and women, states that all humanity is equal, states that God's doors are open to all (based upon their actions as opposed to their stated faiths) and does not threaten non-adherents with the torture of flames in Hell or being born a Dalit likes Hindu's believe.

I actually agree with you that homosexuals are in no way comparable to pedophiles such as Prophets with many followers.

So why exactly do you feel that Christianity, Judaism, Islam + Hinduism are the same as Sikhi and which religion do u believe?

It's not like Sikh faith is any different to any other religion out there, they are all same.

Thanks.

Kphull jee, no practicing Sikh would say what you have said here. So I can safely assume you are not a practicing Sikh by your above statement, and your statement also proves you have little knowledge of other faiths to not even know the differences between them. Now if you do not even believe in the uniqueness of Sikhi or practice it, then why are you trying to change Sikhi to suit a lifestyle which is clearly against Sikh principles? this is just like what Sikh communists do, who do not practice Sikhi yet will try to change Sikhi to suit their way of thinking. This type of thinking is wrong. One should try to change themselves for Sikhi not change Sikhi to suit them.

Sure kphull veer have chosen poor/loose choice of words I think what Kphull statement is try to imply or say based on his expereince - its not based on gurbani but based on his expereince of sikhs themselves have made sikh religion to Semitic abhramic religion/faith based on protestant, Anglican, Evangelical influence...not necessarily limited to this topic but generally i can see elements of truths in that statement, evidence of that its pretty evident.
Just for the record, here are my views of gays and sikhs and disclaimer before someone jumps the gun:

- Anand Karaj for Gay/Lesbians/Homo sexuals? Hell No...need to uphold traditional sanctity of anand karaj (between man and woman) otherwise reverse precedence will be set and everyone will be walking over maryada.
- What other solution other than segragation and being put off from mainstream sikhi? Give them chaplain/gyani service which would bless them by reciting mool mantar, take vows individualy to walk path of sikhi regardless of their sexual preference and they are encouraged just like everyone else come to gurdwara- have darshan of maharaj, do seva, join sadh sangat.
- Is this homosexuality an hindrance to meet god? It depends, its just a relationship with other person due to some mental/chemical imbalance reaction in body, same type of hindrances any other regular couple would have like- kaam, krodh, lob, moh, ahankar..!!
Please don't take above as gospel truth thats only my opnion or view, i hope to strike a right balance approach by looking at things from all angles and gurbani updesh is for everyone and every one can take laha of gurbani..many hardcore sinners (theifs, murderers, cannibal, molestors, rapist etc) have became saints after sangat by reading, listening, singing gurbani and here we are only talking about someone have preference of same sex in relationship.

Also another thing that is not taught to our youth is the dangers to their health particular sexual health if they part take in gay sex as homosexuals have the highest rate of hiv/aids and other sexual diseases.

Doctors at the the Royal Liverpool University Hospital said gay men are more than 15 times more likely to develop genital cancer. Human Papillomavirus infection causes genital warts and is associated with a higher risk of developing genital, head and neck cancers

So we really need to go back to gurbani and teach these few but militant kaam driven people to reject homosexuality and other sexual abnormal behaviors and lifestyles if they want to be Sikhs.

• 4 weeks later...

I feel like we have greater issues in our Panth; such as there are some false teachings of truth, some people today in the Sikh Panth think that interfaith marriages are ok! I have more feeling of disappointment for them than this Gay-Sikh because being homosexual is something you are born with; these people who feel like Sikhi is not valuable may go out with other Dharma; before we do any more debates can we at least say that today Gurdwara Commitees want money, power, and respect more than anything else, they will do any Andaj Kiraj for cash; these debates are useless unless we get Panj Pyare to rule Gurdwaras over Commitees then we are going somewhere