Gay Sikh Twitter Account An Anti-Sikh Conspriacy Against Sikhism?

genie

He is not a sikh ^^ but you are??

About time people started thinking themselves instead of allowing some random to tell you on a forum what is and what isnt rehat!

how many people have actually read the particular shabad and understood it and then depending on your personal circumstances your interpretation will be different

I for one dont think just because someone is gay you can say they are not sikh. Live and let live why we as sikhs feel we need to force maryada on people or force them into thinking our way i will never know. instead how about we all think about our own personal sikhi surely a better use of our time!

I also find it very interesting that of all these posts only Questioners is worth listening to (it has subsequently become popular), a lot of the other posts are just negative and arguing without thinking about what your actually arguing about.

I for one dont think just because someone is gay you can say they are not sikh. Live and let live why we as sikhs feel we need to force maryada on people or force them into thinking our way i will never know. instead how about we all think about our own personal sikhi surely a better use of our time!

Kully Khalsa Jee, no one is forcing maryadha on anyone. But we oppose anyone trying to change or alter the Maryadha in order to accommodate their Manmat lifestyle.

from the guys account i cant see where he says that being gay is acceptable or unacceptable he simply mentions it isnt expressedly forbidden (Waheguru seems not to impose limits on us instead letting us choose our way except for some bujjer kurehits)

Hes not trying to alter maryadha or change your rehit he may be adjusting it for his lifestyle but dont we all some in bigger way then others, unless your strictly following maryada i mean down to the absolute T, then who are we to say he is wrong completely and im guessing if we all followed maryada we'd have a bit more love and compassion for someone we are supposed to treat as a brother

Hes not trying to alter maryadha or change your rehit he may be adjusting it for his lifestyle but dont we all some in bigger way then others, unless your strictly following maryada i mean down to the absolute T, then who are we to say he is wrong completely and im guessing if we all followed maryada we'd have a bit more love and compassion for someone we are supposed to treat as a brother

The Rehit Maryadha is very clear that the Anand Karaj is between a man and a woman. When gays and their supporters tried to make this injunction as though it is vague, the Akal Takht also wrote a Hukamnama in further support of the sanctity of the Anand Karaj. Many of us may not follow the Maryadha "down to the absolute T" due to our personal weaknesses, but we would never in our dreams try to change or alter the Rehit Maryadha in order to justify our weaknesses or manmat.

Why do these opinionated folks stay in hiding when Gurbani Veechar is happening on this forum. Gurbani has been presented on this topic of homosexuality. Nobody needs your opinion on this topic.

For the folks that ignored the thread that showed Gurbani speaking this topic, please take a look at this link:

http://www.sikhsangat.com/index.php?/topic/72415-revealed-the-so-called-uk-indian-gays-pushing-the-anti-sikh-agenda/page-3

And here is the Gurbani that speaks on this topic:

ਪਥਰ ਪਾਲਾ ਕਿਆ ਕਰੇ ਖੁਸਰੇ ਕਿਆ ਘਰ ਵਾਸੁ ॥ ang 143

I suppose it boils down to what type of person you want to be.

Everyones INTEPRETATION of bani is different you do not have the entire say so on what is and what isnt maryada etc.

Now although i believe that a marriage in front of guru ji should be between man and a woman that is my PERSONAL interpretation and if said gay sikh was to question me i would advice him of the reasons why i BELIEVE that this is the reason.

Sikhi is personal and for too long we have had a sant ji says this and sant ji intepreted this in his katha and thats what i believe we have become sheep to these "sants" or these more "learned" people and then we wonder why the youth leave sikhi in droves because they are forced out for asking questions. They barely know the basics because its so regimented now by the patronising people who run our gurdwara and committees.

Read bani intepret for yourself be happy and everyone else who says no this is wrong or this isnt the correct way of doing this (not just in this issue) let them bark as they will never affect your life! Daya, Nimrata and Pyare are just some of the qualities that the majority of posters seem to miss on this forum (discounting Questioner/Neosingh/Mehtab Singh who always seem to exhibit these virtues and as such are the posters on this forum who actually change peoples minds or in other words bring people to the light)

Why do these opinionated folks stay in hiding when Gurbani Veechar is happening on this forum. Gurbani has been presented on this topic of homosexuality. Nobody needs your opinion on this topic.

For the folks that ignored the thread that showed Gurbani speaking this topic, please take a look at this link:

http://www.sikhsangat.com/index.php?/topic/72415-revealed-the-so-called-uk-indian-gays-pushing-the-anti-sikh-agenda/page-3

No amount of reasoning will change the minds of those who have already made up their minds due to worldly influences. Gurmat is very clear that marriage is a holy union between a man and woman. But as the effects of Kaliyug become deeper etched into the minds of people, they are becoming more and more sexualized. Things that were unheard of or frowned upon are now becoming accepted amongst the Sikhs. There was a time when it would have been unheard of for a Sikh's daughter/sister getting married to a non-Sikh, but now it is the new "normal" with an increasing number of Muslim son in laws. Homosexuality was the last thing one would expect popping up as an issue amongst the Sikhs. But due to westernized attitudes of some Sikhs, they are now having a "chalta hai" type of attitude towards this sexual deviancy. With such changing attitudes, I wouldn't be surprised if in our lifetime we will see incest also becoming acceptable as the new "normal" in our society, and people saying "it's just love". In kalki avtar bani this is already predicted.

It's already been established anand karaj should not be between homosexuals but only sikh man and sikh woman.

But i just wanted to point out after research on this shabad..this shabad does not talks about homosexuals nor it condemns them to hell a) as khusrai is known as transexual/ਹਿਜੜੇ (3rd gender) not homosexuals b) mainly because shabad is talking about nature of fools by giving examples - deep water to a fish, vast sky do to the bird, cold do to stone, married life to a eunuch, sandalwood oil to dog, teaching deaf person, light before blind man, gold before herd of cattle etc at the end - by giving all these examples guru maharaj says- this is nature of fool everything he speaks is useless and wasted.

Lets not bring gurbani into this as we are inadvertently/advertently fall into misinterpertating gurbani which can be further hijacked by right wing element in our panth, uphelding maryada is good enough to ban anand karaj marriage between homosexuals.