Brahm Kavach Bani Transalation

Guest MrHSinghK

Guest MrHSinghK

waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh

I want to learn brahm kavach bani from Sri Sarbloh Granth Ji and i am looking for the english transalation to read from and audio of the bani. I can speak and understand Punjabi, Gurmuki very good but can't read and write in punjabi so i need the bani in english please thanks and also Bhagauti Astotar Thanks

The term 'Kavach' often denotes an iron covering, worn on the upper body to protect the respiratory organs from fatal blows in battle. The Sikh Gurus applied the same term to entitle their compositions, and subsequently gave it dual meanings in a highly varied context. In agreement with their spiritual-temporal perspective of creation, they provided both the saint and the warrior with compositions which would not only heighten their spirituality but also provide protection in battle. The three such compositions, entitled 'Kavach' are broadly ranged over the three different Granths of the panth. 'Ram-Kavach' is found in Guru Granth Sahib Ji, 'Brahm Kavach' rests in Dasam Granth; whereas 'Sarbloh Kavach' is located in Sri Sarbloh Granth. The Akali Nihungs recite all three for the spiritual, mental and physical protection they provide.

ਖੜਗ ਖੰਡਾ ਅਸੀ ਅਰਿਗਰ ਧਰਮ ਰੱਚ ਤੱਗ ਛਤ੍ਰੀ ॥
(You are the) Kharag (twelve fist long double edge sword), Khanda (ten fist long khanda representing Mahakal), Asi (double handed sword), Arighar (Enemy of the Throat), Dharam Rash ( guardian of Dharam), Tag Shatri (caste string of a Kshatriya, meaning sword belt).

ਬਿਸ਼੍ਵ ਪਾਲ ਭੂਪਾਲ ਪੱਛ ਪਲ ਭੱਛ ਰਣ ਕੱਛ ਅੱਤ੍ਰੀ ॥
(You are the) Bishvapaal (Nurturer of the world), Bhupaal (Devour of Kings), Pal Pacch (Devour of time), Ran Kacch (Preserver of honour on the battlefield), Atrri (weapon adorning warrior).

ਰਾਜ ਮੰਡਾ ਅਤਿ ਪ੍ਰਚੰਡਾ ਈਸ੍ਵਰੀ ਕਰਵਾਰ ਹੈ ॥
(You are the) Raj Manda (adorner of kingdoms), Att Parchanda (Extremely fierce), Isvari Karvar (Sword of Shiv Ji)

ਸ਼ਕਤਿ ਬ੍ਰਹਿਮੀ ਬੈਸ਼ਨਵੀ ਭਵਾਨੀ ਤੂੰ ਤਰਵਾਰ ਹੈ ॥
(You are) Shakt (Parbati, the wife of Shivji), Brahmani (Saraswati, wife of Barhma), Baishnavi (Laxmi, wife of Vishnu), Bhavani (fierce form of Parbati), You are the Tarvaar (sword)

ਨਿਤ ਜਿਯੋਤੀ ਮੁਕਤਿ ਦਾਇਕ ਧਾਰਾਧਾਰ ਕ੍ਰਿਪਾਨ ਹੈ ॥
(You are the) Nit Jejoti (the eternal flame), Mukht Daeik (granter of salvation), Dharadhaar (Sharp edged sword), Kirpan (the merciless sword)

ਚੰਡਕਾ ਮੰਡਕਾ ਮ੍ਰਿਤਕਾ ਜਗਤ ਜਨਨੀ ਕਾਲਕਾ ਗੁਨਖਾਨਿ ਹੈ ॥
(You are) Chandka (angry eight armed warrior goddess Chandi), Mandkaa (beautifully adorned Chandi), Mritkaa (mother of the Earth), Jagat Janni (mother of the world), Kalika (dark form of chandi), Gunkhaan (treasure mine of virtue)

ਭਵ ਮਾਨਕਾ ਖਲ ਹਾਂਨ ਕਾ ਰੱਤ ਪਾਲਕਾ ਜਗ ਮਾਨ ਹੈ ॥
(You are the) Bhav Mankaa (good virtue to the world), Khal Hankaa (defeater of evil ones), Ratt Pankaa (drinker of blood), Jag Man (pride of the world)

ਇਹ ਕਵਚਿ ਬ੍ਰਹਮਾ ਕੋ ਬਤੀਸਾ ਪਢੈ ਜੋ ਨਿਤ ਛੱਤ੍ਰੀ ॥
That Kshaytria (warrior) who reads this Kavach of Brahma of 32 (praises) daily

ਰਣ ਜੀਤ ਲੈਹ ਨਿਰਭੀਤ ਰਹਿ ਰਿਧਿ ਸਿਧਿ ਪਾਵੈ ਅੱਤ੍ਰੀ ॥
(He) will attain victory on the battlefield, remain fearless, and attain Ridhi Sidhi (yogic spiritual powers)

ਲਹਿ ਬੇਦ ਭੇਦ ਜੋ ਪਢੈ ਬਿਪ੍ਰਬੈਸਯ ਧੰਨ ਸੁਖ ਸੰਪਤਾ ॥
A Brahmin who reads this will know the secret of the Vedas, and a Vaish who reads with will attain comfort of wealth and family.

ਧਨ ਧਾਮ ਤਨ ਅਰੋਗ ਸੂਦਰ ਪਾਇ ਸੁਖ ਅਕੰਪਤਾ ॥
Wealth, home, and a body without ailments [all] of beautiful unswerving comfort [is attained through contemplating this mantra].

ਇਹ ਬੋਲਾ ਹਰਿਗੋਬਿੰਦ ਕਾ ਸੁਣੋ ਖਾਲਸਾ ਬੀਰ ॥
This ‘Bola’ is of Guru Hargobind, listen Khalsa warriors!

ਫਤਿਹ ਪਾੳ ਮੈਦਾਨ ਮੈ ਪਕੜ ਹਾਥ ਸ਼ਮਸ਼ੀਰ ॥
Attain victory on the battlefield holding a Shamshir (scimitar).

-Dasam Granth.

I am not 100% sure as to where it is located though.

Sri Bhagauti Astotar:

• 2 weeks later...