Sign in to follow this  
SikhRO

Marriage Help Please!

me and this girl like each other and potentially want to get married if things go to plan and it feels right. However her mom has said she will not allow it because my grandmother and her nani are from the same pind. However they are different surnames and everything. I don't see why this would be a problem at all?

• Like 1

There is no problem.. Her mom is just making excuses...

I don't know when will these "Indian" parents change their mentality.. Now, they dont want the marriage to happen but when kids take wrong step, they cry and blame their kids and western culture SMH

Please guys be firm and let them know that your decision is final and you guys want to get married.. Please don't take any wrong steps. Give it some time. Time changes everything..

• Like 1

I think its high time SS made a Pendu section dealing with all stupid desi problems.

We're working on it. I will name it "Haaye Meri Jaan Nu Siyappa Pai Giya" section.
  • Like 4

We're working on it. I will name it "Haaye Meri Jaan Nu Siyappa Pai Giya" section.

Lol
  • Like 1

Even though you have different surnames, as far as I know the older generation can be a bit funny about marrying someone from the same pind as your nanke/dadke and even someone from your mum or dad's nanke pind. Your dadi and her nani would have been like sisters as they are from the same pind, maybe thats why there is an issue.

Although I think your situation should be fine as it's quite a distant link but this is how us "younger generation" think and your parents/grandparents will obviously have a different opinion.

To be honest, there a lot of worse things you could do than marry a girl who is from your grandmother's village, so hopefully both families can reach a mutual agreement. It's usually a good idea to find out these things as early as possible, especially if you know either family has very traditional views, as it can save a lot of heartache for both parties.

I am confused on one thing. I don't believe in caste but apparently my family are Jatt Zemeedar or something, but my grandmother on dads side is Ramgharia. What does that mean? Would that make any difference as she would be different caste so it wouldn't matter if same pind?

Then you are not a jatt or ramgarhia, but hey why not become khalsa instead then

• Like 1

WaheguruJiKaKhalsa!!WaheguruJiKiFateh!!

the main reason is, old times single pind was started by 1 or 2 families

so every boy and girl were like family

brother and sister.

now an offspring from same family will have genetic disorder in future , its one of the reasons

WaheguruJiKaKhalsa!!WaheguruJiKiFateh!!

the main reason is, old times single pind was started by 1 or 2 families

so every boy and girl were like family

brother and sister.

now an offspring from same family will have genetic disorder in future , its one of the reasons

But its not like her mom and my mom are from the same pind or her dad and my dad are from the same pind. Its just her Moms mom is apparently from the same pind as my dads mom but they have different surnames etc. Therefore I see in no way how we are related.

Then you are not a jatt or ramgarhia, but hey why not become khalsa instead then

But why are my family recognized as Jatt then? And I agree with your last statement :D

Edited by SikhRO
  • Like 1

But its not like her mom and my mom are from the same pind or her dad and my dad are from the same pind. Its just her Moms mom is apparently from the same pind as my dads mom but they have different surnames etc. Therefore I see in no way how we are related.

But why are my family recognized as Jatt then? And I agree with your last statement

Dont worry about it we are all equal in the eyes of waheguru ji and thats what matters

• Like 1

Dont worry about it we are all equal in the eyes of waheguru ji and thats what matters

I hope so. I pray to waheguru ji that he can help me, it just seems her parents are reluctant...

• Like 1

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Topics

• Guest Stupid Taksali Thugs
      There is a clear pattern here. 1st the Taksali's killed an innocent Amritdhari parcharak (Shaheed Bhai Bhupinder Singh) and boasted about making his two innocent children orphans in the murder attempt of Bhai Ranjit Singh Dhadrianwale. Then the Taksali's made the murder attempt on Panthpreet Singh Khalsa in Italy in order to try bring Sikhs into disrepute in Italy and to get Kirpan banned in Italy. Then the Taksali's spent tens of thousands catching flights all the way from USA and UK in order to bring Sikhs into disrepute in Germany and upload their violence and their success in taking off Panthpreet's dastar. Bear in mind this was just after Muslims had bombed a Gurdwara in Germany. Now the Taksali's are proud of trampling over young children in Maharaj's hazoori and spitting, swearing, pushing and attacking in front of camera and bring Sikhs into utter disrepute in the UK. The innocent children hurt by Taksali thugs on Saturday might be emotionally scarred for life by this and potentially put off Sikhi by this memory as they grow into teenagers. What angers these Taksali's is that most of the people joining Sikhi in the UK and Punjab are doing so because of Bhai Ranjit Singh Dhadrianwale and Nirvair Khalsa Jatha. They see the murder of these two main parcharaks as their number one priority in order to do their masters Badal and RSS dirty work 
    • Guest Stupid Taksali Thugs
      Shame the Taksali gunde didn't heed your advice when trampling Sikh children. Local Sangat wanted to hear NKJ katha. Taksali's wanted badnami for Sikhs
    • Yes bro we always mention, only amritdhari plz contact. But people still call and say, “ ji amritdhari ta nahi aa but saadi kudi vegetarian aa, je tusi kahoge ta amrit shakloo gi “
    • How do we stop Sikh youth from looking up to the black culture?  For instance there is a girl called Lilly a punjabi girl on youtube. She promotes the whole black culture. Many punjabi women look up to her. She talks and act like a typical ghetto black girl.  Looks like us Panjabis are struggling with an identity crisis. Many of the young punjabi boys look up to rap stars and dress like pure black people.  Why are we not strong in our own identity and need to latch on to the black culture - Such as dress sennce, music, dread locks in hair. If it aint blacks then we latch on to the white culture. Such as going down the pub for a pint. 
    • A Sikh would have wrote, it depends on what the says and what to focus on.  What rehat speaks on such manner.

Important Information

Terms of Use