Importance Of Amrit In Sikhi

Guest confused singh

Guest confused singh

WJKK WJKF

I am planning to take amrit sometime before December of this year. I am just curious in sikhi why is amrit so important? If we believe god dwells in everyone’s heart equally what makes it special to take amrit and be baptized? Can’t I keep with my nitnem and seva without taking amrit, will this take me to sachkand as well?

I know the importance of the Khalsa and the reasons why guru ji created amrit, but I want to know why we should take it as a must at some point in our life.

My other question is – Is our guru and god forgiving if we break amrit?

Just looking for some clarification

Sorry if this has been asked before.

Guru ang sang

Ji, yes, you can get bhagti and kamaaee even without it.

BUT

One CANNOT meet the beloved without Simran (Naam)

You need SIMRAN to do everything, to meet him

The first step is simran

And simran cannot have an effect on you without taking Amrit.

Plain and simple. One cannot even feel Maharaj ji"s TRUE love without Amrit and Simran

Also, of course!

The beloved Maharaj ji Will Certainly forgive you of any non purpose sin

It is stated that "It is only breaking your Amrit if you do it purposely"

Accidentally forget to wear Kirpan? Accidently drop Kanga on ground?

Just do a true ardaas from your heart and he will 100% forgive you! Just make sure not to PURPOSLEY throw Kirpan on the ground and PURPOSLEY eat somebody's jooth (Leftovers) just by saying "Whatever who cares" then that is a sin

You may even ask the Panj Piaree at the Amrit Sanchar

It depends.

We have many jathabandis and Sikhs that insist that 'amrit' is just the beginning and that it can only happen after you take amrit and we also have others that give the impression that amrit is the permanent entry into the khalsa brotherhood, but one should be fully trained and ready before making it formal.

Personally, I think it falls somewhere in between for the likes of me.

NOTE- that amrit does not = sackhand and heavenly merge with akaal purakh. this is only done by a Gurmukh.

After taking amrit you have to keep at it and try to attain that status of gurmukh with the akaal purakh.

very g

Question is can someone become gurmukh without amrit ??

No one knows this answer, but remember that bhagats like Kabir ji were not amritdhari but were completely Gurmat in their whole conduct, therefore it would be incorrect to say they were not gurmukh.

• 1 year later...

WJKK WJKF

I am planning to take amrit sometime before December of this year. I am just curious in sikhi why is amrit so important? If we believe god dwells in everyone’s heart equally what makes it special to take amrit and be baptized? Can’t I keep with my nitnem and seva without taking amrit, will this take me to sachkand as well?

I know the importance of the Khalsa and the reasons why guru ji created amrit, but I want to know why we should take it as a must at some point in our life.

My other question is – Is our guru and god forgiving if we break amrit?

Just looking for some clarification

Sorry if this has been asked before.

Guru ang sang

i think that amrit is like everything in our life, because amrit connect you with guru, but if take amrit and didn't follow dirctions than how can you be connect with guru. read gurbani, do save list to katha, kirtan, gurbani and other things are happening.

maybe it's hard to answer your other question because i am not god,who can answer tthis question but my experience is that you don't to keep rest of your life,than don't take it, but if you take it than keep it rest of your life because my causin take amrit onces than he break it after tree years he dies with blood cancer worlds best doctor attend his but he dies after 15 months

Amrit is important. Because if you don't make it in this life, there is no guarantee,but with Amrit you are grasping Guru's Arm and he will help you in this world and next and won't let you get off the path too far and will bring you back. Taking Amrit, makes you Guru's responsibility.

Also you are a Sikh (student) but of whom? So formally taking a Guru is taking Amrit.Even Sikhs at time of Guru Nanak took Amrit, was called Charan Pahul, and now we take Khande di Pahul. In the Indian tradition, taking a Guru is very important. Surely you remember Guru Amardaas Ji's sakhi about not having a guru and in bani it says "Nigure Ka Hai Nao Bura"

Also I've heard that if you do seva/simran without Amrit, you will get phal/rewarded, but it won't count towards bhagti/meeting Waheguru instead it will go to fulfill trivial wishes and worldly things such as health/wealth etc.

I am just curious in sikhi why is amrit so important? If we believe god dwells in everyone’s heart equally what makes it special to take amrit and be baptized? Can’t I keep with my nitnem and seva without taking amrit, will this take me to sachkand as well?

The message is in our nitnem but we don't hear it. Ik Onkar Satgur Parsad. Bhagat Kabeer ji or any other Bhagat with Bani in Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji followed the Hukam given to them from Vaheguru. As Vaheguru revealed to them they obeyed and followed. From 1699 the Hukam is to take Amrit, do nitnem, and seva. Can you show me where the "I" comes in Ik Onkar Satgur Parsad? The stories of devi and devta are written in Sri Dasam Granth Sahib for all of us to read and understand. Through these devi and devta stories a reader obtains the understanding how no one can achieve Sachkhand/ Ik Onkar without obeying to Satguru and receive Satgur Parsad. Indra meditated for ages and ages. But Indra could not obtain any comfort. In Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji, we find Indra being saved. Guru Sahib says after Indra came to Satguru, Indra was saved. When a Sikh does not come to Guru Sahib in the form of taking Amrit how can he be saved? In your mind there is still pride and thought of "i will". I can do the seva, nitnem, and help these many people without my Guru's Amrit. This is the wrong way to think. The thought in your mind must come to understand is "Vaheguru wills". Reading of Gurbani softens the mind to understand what is asked of you from Guru Sahib. People that don't read Gurbani have very rigid thoughts of why can't I......, who said I can't......., I can do it because I feel like it. These people consider themselves to be free thinkers and moderate/liberal people. Instead Guru Sahib calls them as those who have rebelled against his teachings (Manmukh). Taking amrit is one step closer to the path of being a Gurmukh.

VAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA, VAHEGURU JI KI FATEH

If I attend medical school, go to all the classes, attend every lecture, take and pass every exam, BUT never filled out the application, paid the fee or became registered with the medical school, can I graduate from medical school?

NO

Application has to be completed (you go to the Amrit Sanchar and present yourself in front of the Deans/Principles - the Punj Pyare), pay the fee (give your head to the Guru) and THEN you can attend the school (Khalsa Panth/Sikhi).