Was Sant Jarnail Singh Bhindrawale A Congress Agent?

Guest singh123

Guest singh1894

vaheguru

dont need to waste my time on this u calling ppl who did seva for the quam with the label sin, u respect ppl who back stabbed the panth and ppl like Bhai Gian Singh Ji who served 14 years in prision as a congressi reminds me off the ppl that called Santji a congressi. Bhai Gian Singh was not on death row he served his life sentence and was freed.

your bias again the Damdami Taksaal is clear and when i said ppl are trying to make Santji into a uneducated normal person you are one yourself. For me Santji is a true Gursikh Warrior, the Brahamgyani that lead the Sikhs to Glory in the Battle field, as for dhumaa and party is have no time for ppl like that.

There is a subtle campaign going on the make Santji into a uneducated and normal person by a section of our community for whatever reasons.

the reason is to weaken the struggle for khalistan and make the whole 1984 issues of a miscalculation and a episode we should not have gone down, for me the power of the Ardas of Santji and the sikhs is more powerful then any thing we will be Free

i serve the panth and the struggle i do not need a history lesson on the struggle, before Santji started the Dharam Yudh Morch the ASR and akalis were no where and no one was interested in it. only till Santji started the DYM and the akalis joined in that they got some support.

i say the Panth won in the struggle because the Sikhs never gave in and rather died then lived as slaves just like the pratan sikhs, if giving Shaheedi is losing in your eyes so be it, by there Shaheedi the Quam woke up.

its simple i would Stand side by side with Santji and the shaheeds rather than the killer of sikhs longowala next mintue ppl will be saying chandu brahmin was a good person.

longowala was a traitor and history shows us this

Sometimes it can be necassary to shake hands with the killer of thousands of Sikhs ... in order to try prevent the death of 150,000 more innocent Sikhs as we clearly saw between 1985-1995. If you could shake hands with a terrorist holding a nuclear bomb ready to kill 150,000 people would u think ... "no let the 150,000 innocents die so long as i keep my oath in tact" or would you do what Gurmat orders and try save the lives of the 150,000? Even if in the process you lose your own life? Longowal was 100% pro-Sikh and gave eveything he could for the Panth.

Gurmat does not order to disregard the ardas (oath as you say) Longowal did before Maharaj. You have not read Zafarnamna. Satguru in there says, never trust a person who swears by his religions scripture and then goes back on his word. Bhai Mani Singh could have saved many Sikhs by just saying once he is a Muslim, mothers could have saved their small childs lives if they said in one split second that they were Muslims. But listening to Satguru's teachings they never backed down and told them straight that they are sticking to their oath of giving their head to Satguru as Sikhs.

The Akalis are the true congress agents who were in bed with congress. Akalis invited congress to their homes, gave them hospitality, and Akalis openly went to congress homes. Sant Baba Jarnail Singh ji Khalsa was in the way of the Akalis of gaining political power and so was he in the way of the congress. The Akalis and congress had one common enemy. Sant ji goes and both parties win, which is openly seen today. Did the Akalis know Indira was going to slaughter those many Sikhs...........I don't think so, but Akalis at the end viewed it as collateral damage for getting what they wanted.

Satguru Sri Guru Gobind Singh Sahib ji Maharaj lost his whole family in battling for justice and never once did he say I will break my oath to save lives. Gurmat is to stand up for truth and follow Hukam. If today no one stands up for justice, then tomorrow their will be four folds more of oppression. Satguru along with SIkhs like Bhai Mani Singh knew that oppressors never stop until either you are dead or made a slave. And Satguru says death is more sweet that being a slave. Because of the Akalis today the Sikhs are slaves. Whether Sant ji took up the sword or not Congress would have slaughtered Sikhs in whatever way they saw best. Sant ji kept it peaceful, but congress continued to slaughter Sikhs without a care. After the 13 Sikhs were killed Sant ji still kept it peaceful and said lets take this to the pen by going through the court system. It was only after the boiling point did Sant ji tell the Sikhs to pick up the swords.

The rumour about Sant Jee being a 'congress agent' was started by Longowal and the Akali's, who resented the impact that Sant Jee had on the masses.

However none of Sant Jee's actions or words have given any substance to this rumour. People nowadays who do not like or understand what Sant Jee stood for

- propagate this myth to give comfort to their over inflated ego's.

Pyare Veer Onlyfive Ji

Gurmat does not order to disregard the ardas (oath as you say) Longowal did before Maharaj.

Oath was used in the case of the analogy Veerji. Nowhere does Gurmat say that in politics once a course of action is decided to simply continue blindly ahead, if so doing will cause greater damage to the Sikh Panth and innocents.

You have not read Zafarnamna.

As above Veerji, Guru Gobind Singh Ji Maharaj were the embodiment of truth and dedicating their life towards justice, so quite clearly Guru Gobind Singh Ji Maharaj never went back on their word. However, if in the field of politics, adjustments cannot made according to changing circumstances in order to save the lives of innocent members of the Sikh Panth, then that means that pride and ego have become more important than dedication to Gurmat and the Sikh Panth's long term interests.

Bhai Mani Singh could have saved many Sikhs by just saying once he is a Muslim, mothers could have saved their small childs lives if they said in one split second that they were Muslims. But listening to Satguru's teachings they never backed down and told them straight that they are sticking to their oath of giving their head to Satguru as Sikhs.

I 100% agree but this is an irrelavant example as in the quest for implementation for the Anandpur Sahib Resolution that Sant Longowal led the campaign for prior to Sant Ji, nowhere was there a challenge to Sikh Panth’s existence on the scale the Islamic Empire inflicted. More than half of the Panth were not killed by Congress and Congress did not force people to convert to Hinduism or die, so using the example of Bhai Mani Singh Ji is not relavant in this example. Ironically, if anyone understood the supreme sacrifice of Bhai Mani Singh’s shaheedi it was Longowal Ji who did so much in Bhai Mani Singh Ji’s ancestral village of Longowal.

The Akalis are the true congress agents who were in bed with congress.

Simply not true in 1980 Veerji. The Akali’s of 1980 fought tooth and nail to prevent Indira Gandhi’s return to power at Delhi in the 1980 general elections. Damdami Taksal openly assisted and supported Indira Gandhi in the 1980 general elections. So it’s rich for historical revisionists who see 1977-1997 as a victory for the Panth to then blame the Akali’s of 1980 for being in bed with Congress when the evidence is 100% conclusively to the contrary.

Akalis invited congress to their homes, gave them hospitality, and Akalis openly went to congress homes.

If Jagdeep Singh of the NDP visits Stephen Harper’s residence in order to progress the interests of the Sikh Panth it doesn’t mean he’s “in bed with him”.

Sant Baba Jarnail Singh ji Khalsa was in the way of the Akalis

Agreed.

This was the Zail Sin agenda in 1980 when Indira Gandhi swept to power in the election with Damdami Taksal support.

and so he was in the way of congress.

Agreed. As Sant Ji realised after 1980 that the advice players in Damdami Taksal had given him in 1980 was wrong and Longowal Sahib was right, Sant Ji realised that Congress were the biggest enemy of the Panth and not the Akali Dal. Hence why Sant Ji and Longowal Sahib operated in tandem to unitedly advance the interests of the Sikh Panth when Damdami Taksal realised that Indira Gandhi and Zail Sin had used them and duped them in 1980 purely to oppose the Akali demand for Anandpur Sahib resolution.

The Akalis and congress had one common enemy.

You make no reference to the year here, which is a crucial omission. In 1980 Damdami Taksal and Congress had one common enemy = The Akali’s. In 1982 Sant Ji and Longowal Sahib had a common opponent = Indira Gandhi. After the shaheedian of Sant Ji and Longowal Sahib and Barnala’s assumption of Akali leadership, only then can you say that the motivation of the Akali’s seems to have resolved solely around power rather than actively pushing the true interests of the Sikh Panth forward.

Sant ji goes and both parties win, which is openly seen today.

See above. When Sant Ji and Longowal Sahib are both eliminated by Congress, then yes we eventually see two parties that have no real agenda in pushing the equitable development of Punjab forward but are more interested in lining their own pockets in many cases.

Did the Akalis know Indira was going to slaughter those many Sikhs...........I don't think so,

Veerji I don’t think anyone could imagine the true evil terrorist extent of what Congress would do to the Sikhs in 1984. However, once so many thousands of pilgrims and sovereign Sikhs were brutally killed in 1984 for being present at Harmandir Sahib on Guru Arjan Dev Ji Maharaj ka Shaheedi Diwas and the subsequent November 1984 Genocide of Sikhs the writing was absolutely clear on the wall. Congress intended on the wholesale Genocide of Sikhs. That is why Longowal Sahib saw fit to sign a ceasefire (accord). I don’t agree with that accord myself but I fully respect the reasons why he signed it in those dark circumstances. I truly believe that he signed to try and avert the cold-blooded Genocide of over 150,000 innocent Sikh naujawaans in the subsequent 10years.

but Akalis at the end viewed it as collateral damage for getting what they wanted.

In the case of Badal and Barnala, I’m inclined to agree with you. Sant Longowal’s record of dedication to the Panth is there for all to see in multiple villages across Malwa. He never took any bribes, a fact accepted by opponents even today. He actively served the interests of the Panth at ground level and at Damdama Sahib in the best way he knew how and cannot be compared to the likes of Badal and Barnala who openly sold out the Panth's interests for their own personal gain.

Satguru Sri Guru Gobind Singh Sahib ji Maharaj lost his whole family in battling for justice and never once did he say I will break my oath to save lives. Gurmat is to stand up for truth and follow Hukam. If today no one stands up for justice, then tomorrow their will be four folds more of oppression. Satguru along with SIkhs like Bhai Mani Singh knew that oppressors never stop until either you are dead or made a slave. And Satguru says death is more sweet that being a slave.

I totally agree. There is no disagreement on that. However, it’s plain for anyone who truly wishes to see that the accord signed by Longowal with Rajiv (if interpreted as a ceasefire) would have saved the Genocide of a whole generation of young Sikh men on the huge scale Congress had planned and implemented with their foot soldiers.

Because of the Akalis today the Sikhs are slaves.

I disagree that Longowal Sahib campaigning for the Anandpur Sahib Resolution made us slaves.

Had Damdami Taksal not supported Indira Gandhi in the 1980 general elections, Sikhs could have avoided slavery.

Whether Sant ji took up the sword or not Congress would have slaughtered Sikhs in whatever way they saw best. Sant ji kept it peaceful, but congress continued to slaughter Sikhs without a care. After the 13 Sikhs were killed Sant ji still kept it peaceful and said lets take this to the pen by going through the court system. It was only after the boiling point did Sant ji tell the Sikhs to pick up the swords.

There’s no argument on the above Veerji. Sant Ji was not a terrorist. Indira Gandhi and Congress and her Alam Sena Black Cats were the only the terrorists between 1977-1997. But I respectfully request you to look over history of that period and see whether you think 1977-1997 was a wholescale defeat of the Sikh Panth and a total victory for the GOI terrorists in everything they wanted to achieve against Sikhs.

Look at it this way Veerji. In 1947, the Pakistani Genocide of Sikhs resulted in the death of 25% of the Sikhs there. 30 years later our Qaum’s attention span had forgotten the Genocide of the equivalent of 7million Sikhs around today (in 1947 by Muslims) but had become more focused with Gurbachana’s murder of 13 Amritdhari Gursikhs on behalf of Indira Gandhi ... yet only two years later in 1980 Damdami Taksal supported the very same party that funded the murder of our brave AKJ shaheeds for reasons best known to them.

Let’s say that today is almost 30years after 1984. To all intents and purposes, Sikhs forgot about the Genocide of 25% of the Sikh Panth in Pakistan in 1947 at the hands of Punjabi Muslims. So if tomorrow, Sikhs forgot all about 1984 and started to see the Congress-supported Radha Swami’s as the number one threat to our Panth when drugs, alcohol, illiteracy, biraderi and abortion clinics abound, would you have any respect for an organisation that opposes the Radha Swami’s so that the GOI can present Sikhs as militant to the wider Hindutva support base but encourages Sikhs to vote Congress in the 2014 General Elections?

A long way of saying it but if Sant Baba Ranjit Singh Dhadrianwale or Sant Baba Baljit Singh Daduwal ever advised the Panth to vote Congress in the 2014 general elections, their organisations would never retain any respect 30 years into the future. It surprises me Dhumma and his cohorts have any support base today given the actions of Damdami Taksal in supporting Indira Gandhi in the 1980 general elections.

The rumour about Sant Jee being a 'congress agent' was started by Longowal and the Akali's, who resented the impact that Sant Jee had on the masses.

ComradzSingh Veerji, when Damdami Taksal campaigned for Indira Gandhi and Congress in the 1980 general elections, what else would you expect those that campaigned for the Anandpur Sahib Resolution to say? When Damdami Taksal realised that Indira Gandhi and Zail Sin had used them and duped them in 1980, Longowal and Sant Ji later started working in tandem for the Sikh Panth (with sincere respect for one another) and let bygone's be bygone's.

However none of Sant Jee's actions or words have given any substance to this rumour.

Sant Ji was not really to blame for the disgrace of Damdami Taksal support for Congress in 1980. The main fault lay with players within Damdami Taksal who actively conspired with Zail Sin to oppose the Akali's and thereby block the progress of the Anandpur Sahib Resolution that the Akali's were pressing for.

People nowadays who do not like or understand what Sant Jee stood for propagate this myth to give comfort to their over inflated ego's.

When Damdami Taksal supported Congress in the 1980 general elections, Longowal Sahib rightly opposed DDT on that but nobody could accuse Sant Ji of being a Congress agent in 1984 when Sant Ji bravely sacrificed their life to defend our Qaum and innocent pilgrims from the evil terrorist Indira Gandhi.

dont need to waste my time on this u calling ppl who did seva for the quam with the label sin, u respect ppl who back stabbed the panth and ppl like Bhai Gian Singh Ji who served 14 years in prision as a congressi reminds me off the ppl that called Santji a congressi. Bhai Gian Singh was not on death row he served his life sentence and was freed.

Singh1894 Veerji don't you see how suspicious it is that an innocent Gursikh like Professor Bhullar is on death row but Gian Sin who eliminated Sant Longowal for Congress got out so quickly for Sant Longowal's murder? And now he even has a large kothi in his pind paid for by Congress as a reward for his assistance, while true Panth sewaks like Bhai Rajoana are on death row.

your bias again the Damdami Taksaal is clear

Given that they supported Congress and Indira win the 1980 general elections you can't even call reacting to such a disgrace as bias.

and when i said ppl are trying to make Santji into a uneducated normal person you are one yourself.

Sant Ji was far from normal. Sant Ji was a great Gursikh whose commitment to Sikhi is undoubted.

But were his political calculations always correct?

The answer to that is clearly no, as 1977-1984 Congress was the only winner against the Sikh Panth.

For me Santji is a true Gursikh Warrior, the Brahamgyani that lead the Sikhs to Glory in the Battle field,

For me Sant Ji is a great shaheed of the Panth but that Congress used and duped Damdami Taksal so that Indira Gandhi could win in the 1980 general elections and to oppose the Akali demand Anandpur Sahib Resolution implementation cannot be ignored.

as for dhumaa and party is have no time for ppl like that.

Glad we agree on something Veerji.

make the whole 1984 issues of a miscalculation and a episode we should not have gone down,

Only Congress were happy with what went down in 1984

I strongly believe that Damdami Taksal, whether knowingly or unknowingly, left our Qaum further away from freedom with the agenda they pursued since 1977.

the ASR and akalis were no where and no one was interested in it. only till Santji started the DYM and the akalis joined in that they got some support.

Agreed players in Damdami Taksal did not care about ASR. It was only when Sant Ji backed Longowal that they reluctantly got on the bandwagon.

i say the Panth won in the struggle

I respectfully disagree Veerji and I strongly believe that the Panth is more asleep now than it ever was in 1980 when Damdami Taksal supported Congress.

the killer of sikhs longowala

Sant Longowal did not kill any Sikhs. He sacrificed his own life to avert the Genocide of Sikhs that was worst between 1985-1995.

longowala was a traitor and history shows us this

History conclusively shows that Sant Longowal dedicated his whole life to the Panth, community service, Sri Damdama Sahib and Bhai Mani Singh's legacy.

Those that accuse Sant Longowal of being a traitor, more often not, do so to deflect attention away from Damdami Taksal support for Congress in 1980 elections.

Pyare Veer Onlyfive Ji

Gurmat does not order to disregard the ardas (oath as you say) Longowal did before Maharaj.

Oath was used in the case of the analogy Veerji. Nowhere does Gurmat say that in politics once a course of action is decided to simply continue blindly ahead, if so doing will cause greater damage to the Sikh Panth and innocents.

Can you disregard a oath made before Satguru Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji Maharaj?

Can you disregard a oath made before Satguru Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji Maharaj?

Veerji the straightforward answer, speaking for myself, is NO.

But in the field of politics it is naive if one interprets a ceasefire to avert the Genocide of Sikhs as being anti-Sikh in any way.

Guest singh1894

vaheguru

for me its plain and simple Sant Jarnail Singh JI Khalsa is the Greatest Sikh in modern times

Longowala is a traitor and a coward and died a dogs death

for me the gursikhs who fought in Dharam Yuodh are my brothers and sisters,

Khalistan Zindabad

Veerji the straightforward answer, speaking for myself, is NO.

But in the field of politics it is naive if one interprets a ceasefire to avert the Genocide of Sikhs as being anti-Sikh in any way.

You agree that an oath before Maharaj cannot be broken, so how can you say Longowal was following Gurmat? Gurmat means the person is following the teachings of the Guru and stands by the oath. Longowal walked out with his hands up and did not even fight to protect the Sanctity of Sri Akal Takht and Sri Harmandir Sahib. He sat in a room and waited till the firing stopped to come out as a coward. You call Nihang Singhs cowards and call Longowal a hero! This shows your bias. Nihang Singhs fought right beside Sant ji and atleast Santa Singh wanted to take out the Nirankaris after they killed 13 Sikhs. Sant ji had a different way to handle it than Santa Singh and the latter took an offence to it. Nevertheless Nihang Singhs still stood beside Sant ji and fought to protect Sri Akal Takht Sahib.

In Sikhi their is no politics without spirituality. Anandpur Sahib Resolution started because Satguru has blessed everyone with equal rights. Miri and Piri cannot be separated and are not separated. Before starting anything involving Miri Satguru did Ardas and took an Hukamnama. Which clearly shows Sikh politics and spirituality are tied into each other. Lastly Sikh politics cannot go against the spiritual teachings of Satguru.