Why Amrit Sanchaar Fails To Elevate Our Avastha

From my personal experience I find lots of (not all ) amritdharis having same kind of shortcomings as ordinary manmukhs such as greed, avarice, anger ...

Eerkha , dvekh, krodh, chinta ...................

Why does the amritdhari jeevan not tangibly advance one's spirituality

Having said that I have also met amritdharis who do come across very calm and at peace with themselves, but they are an exception rather than norm.

Ah well thats because many people are judging amritdharis all the while, they are only sikhs and not the Guru, Only Guru ji is perfect and everyone else makes mistakes. Amritdharis are and should be constantly asking Waheguru ji to set them free from the five vices as well as trying to live according to Gurmat but they do fall of the edge of the sharp khanda (path) occasionally and have to get back on again and keep trying.

Where as most ordinary manmukhs (as you say) do not ask and revel in them or are not concerned by the five vices or think hey what the hell i am only human.

I dream of a day where most amrtidharis including myself are candid and honest about themselves and genuine acknowledge they are also walking on the path towards guru they are not there yet, and look themselves in the mirror and acknowledge they are also affected by kam, krodh, lob, moh, ahankar and they are also manmukhs and only gurmukh is sant bhramgyani and guru sahib...that way each one of us who are amritdhari are grounded, much more humble and thats only way we can look inside ourselves, look at our own avguns instead of other avguns and look at our inner journey and explore ourselves internally.

It's no coincidence where baba farid shaloks gurbani of reality check slaps and hum nahi change bura na koi are not popular gurbani tukhs posted by sikhs as we have taken roles of dharam raj. We are all afraid to see ourselves in the mirror let alone zommed mirror.

But this is kalyug and everything is in akaal purkh hakum but i guess dreaming about change in state of world is bit of ignorance itself .let akaal purkh take care of its own divine play ..surely akaal purkh have made this world also can take care of its people in its own unique way..all of us will merge back to our source one day sooner or later regardless individual state of mind or state of humanity..that itself is very comforting and refreshing thought put me right back into my own path, instead of worrying about others.

If an Amrit Sanchar is conducted with perfection as per Puratan Gurmat Bibek Maryada and Puratan standards....then it is not the Amrit Sanchar which "fails to elevate avastha".......

Kabeer, what can the True Guru do, when His Sikhs are at fault?

The blind do not take in any of His Teachings; it is as useless as blowing into bamboo. ||158|

Agreed but there are many Gursikhs who do try very hard to fight the five vices, but still the 5 get the better of them, it is only through Guru Kirpa constant prayer, Naam simran and Ardas that one can get free of them and truly reach an elevated avastha (as it has been called here). At the end of the day why should it be easy to meet Waheguru ji he is the Lord God supreme Master of all creation, so why should it be easy!!

1. Amrit Sanchaar is not the end, it is the beginning of a journey - its your admission into the Panth.

2. The failure of trying to understand Gurbani and implement it in your life. Don't misunderstand me, but what is the use of reciting Gurbani if you being a judge (job) do not serve justice? If you being a police officer take bribe? These are just examples of things which are clearly mentioned in Gurbani but many do not know or ignore on purpose. We have understood the importance of listening and singing Gurbani but understanding and implementing is not encouraged as much.

3. No one but Akaal Purakh is perfect, so don't expect to never fall prey to the vices. Many GurSikhs during times of Gurus made mistakes, sometimes huge, but they were forgiven or repented rightly. Remember even the Muktay, who had darshan of Guru Ji in Partakh Roop, deserted him at one time? Instead of keeping thinking of a mistake you might have made, move on after doing Ardaas and take a vow not to repeat it again. If you keep falling prey to the vices, then its another story. Then it might be time to change your environment (thats why the company of good people; Gurmukhs, is encouraged in Gurmat).

Amrit sanchar is same regardless if some elements of puratan maryada of amrit sanchar is kept (ie sri dasam guru granth parkash along with aad granth sahib ji) or not.

Many amritdharis have high hopes that after taking amrit that it be all easy but Main thing is for student to understand different phases of amrit(phsyical/sanaskar, naam, bhramgyan) go through journey, that unless one has great kaamiya from previous lives taking physical initiation itself only won't give someone bhramgyan right away, for most part for general sikhs like us - one must go through different phases of amrit as its journey. First phase- khanda batta da amrit - actual admission to school and following the rules/rehat, 2nd phase invoking bhagti,pyaar, bibek/understanding,vichar, prem bairaag towards guru maharaj by reading sehaj patt or diving deep into gurbani,and use shabad naam given by guru(in form of panj) and meditate using shabad surat to go inside internally and then slowly by guru maharaj kirpa and using self inquiry by seeker walk the path towards third and final stage of amrit is bhramgyan (sargun and nirgun da milaap- advait avastha (One vision state- sabh gobind hai sabh gobind hai- gyan of shabad/self realization of our real self-atma/paratma.

If an Amrit Sanchar is conducted with perfection as per Puratan Gurmat Bibek Maryada and Puratan standards....then it is not the Amrit Sanchar which "fails to elevate avastha".......

Kabeer, what can the True Guru do, when His Sikhs are at fault?

The blind do not take in any of His Teachings; it is as useless as blowing into bamboo. ||158|

DSLG Veerji i totally agree apart from that I'd say that the fault is 100% down to those manmukhs who are not committed to the true Amritdhari ideals when outwardly taking Amrit in order to further their own ends. Those that don't live by Amritdhari standards are patits, so that small minority people have encountered with shortcomings are patits. The true Amritdhari's are always truthful in how they live, they live without hate, are imbued with pyar and always focussing on how to combat the 5 chors rather than engrossed by them. Prakash Kumar Badal and KP Kumar-Gill can never be considered Amritdhari's.