Dating A White Girl

If you are flashing around daddy's bank roll in a nice car, nice clothing, money to spend without a care, and university paid for by daddy, then any clever girl will be nice and make sure she gets a piece of that pie.

More and more girls from other races have figured out that Punjabi parents give everything to their boys and this means easily six figures. So they target Punjabi naïve boys that start drooling as a white girl asks them out.

Many Punjabi girls don't go for the money because they are sick and tired of being classed as second class once they are married into Punjabi families. So they compensate for the money by making the money for themselves and now they can do as they wish. Punjabi girls want that relaxed married life without taking care of the husbands parents. The girl from the other race gets away with this because she molds the husband into her way of thinking.

That's pretty harsh. Aman Singh sounds like a an intelligent guy so if this girl was after him for his money then he would soon have figured that out.

Aman Singh

I think you are right in considering all the issues that arise from having a non-Punjabi partner. The issue with parents is a major issue, mainly because your mother would want a Punjabi daughter in law because she is looking into the future and thinks that a Punjabi one would be more respectful, probably want to live in the extended family, look after her etc. Although we all know that even a Punjabi wife is less likely to do the above but your mother probably has the above perception. Also our own stereotyping of white people also doesn't help so she will probably think that the white girl will turn you into a clubbing-shubbing, sharabi-kababi!

I think both your parents as well as the white girl needs you to put everything on the table. She needs to know that your family are an important part of your life, that she might have to live in the extended family and take an active part in the larger family. Your parents will need you to be straight with them. As you said marriage is still far off as you need to complete uni so you could mention in passing how you see some non-Punjabis are more Sikh than the Sikhs that you have met. Tell them that you are friends with males and females of all races. This will get your family used to that fact that you are interacting with all kinds of people and they will see that you are still strong in your Sikhi.

It's funny that people are saying making parchia with 'YES' or 'NO' is not what a Sikh of the Guru should do, but it's okay to encourage this Sikh of the Guru to have pre-maritial interracial relationships? In relationships of this nature, whether white or brown, sooner or later both parties give in to kaam and this is not the Sikh way of doing things.

To the OP, you already know your family won't be too happy about you bringing home a white girl, so what more needs to be said? Before things get too deep with this girl, why not sit your parents down and ask them how they would feel about having this girl as their future daughter-in-law? Surely it's your family you should be seeking advice from, not people here. It's you and your family who will have to deal with the consequences if you end up marrying this girl, not people on this forum so of course they will encourage you to do things that they wouldn't want their own brothers/sisters/daughters/sons to do. In my own family and many others, I've seen what happens when Punjabis marry white girls/boys and it's not pretty. The actions of one person can cause so much fall-out throughout even the extended family and it's not easy to be a part of this.

Your mother and father raised you, you owe more to them than this girl- why risk your parents' happiness and respect just because of a few rotten Punjabi girls you met. You mention that these girls were Punjabi and didn't like your turban and beard, but if instead you met or were introduced to a Punjabi Gursikh or keshdari girl, then she would like your turban and beard. Before you are certain that you want to marry this girl, why not ask your parents to use their connections to introduce you to a Punjabi girl who does respect your kesh, because despite common belief, there are quite a few Sikh girls out there who do want to marry a sardar.

Of course there are many white girls who do respect Sikh values and kesh, and even go on to marry Sikh guys. Some of these girls also become Sikh and take Amrit, but many more also do not become Sikh or amritdhari, no matter how much respect they have for our religion.

Pre-maritial relationships of any kind are forbidden, and an Anand Karaj can only be done between a Sikh man and Sikh woman- read up on it in the Sikh Rehat Maryada.

Veerji this is the manmat method that Pakhandi Babe usually advise. It is contrary to Gurmat and fake examples are usually given to justify it.

well .... it's upto you.....you are doing ardas to guru sahib.........

I heard this in one of Sant Sujan Singh ji's deewan , keertaniye of Dhan Dhan Baba Nand Singh ji - "if ever in doubt.....go to Guru sahib, do ardas ke mein paapi haan, eni matt nahin ke sahi faisla kar sakaa, tusin nirna karke daso" (now please don't start doing nindeya here, nahin manana na mano, tuhadi marji - (no offence)

and I do fully agree with that and have implied this in my life and I am happy with the decisions I got, not really what I desired, may be opposite..but benefitted me at the end.......kise kolon slaahan lain ton better hai apne Guru nu pusho......

this is all I have to say.......

Guru bhalla kare

Good post tuhituhin, one can alternatively take hakumnama as well and meet panj pyares privately... If you meet panj pyares they will tell you advise based on individual case, in this case may provide advise to follow steps in sehaj when it comes take amrit.. For eg if one is not ready for Amrit they won't tell you take one if they think you are not ready but use vidhiya from past like do this many patt, meditation, sehaj patt, seva, kirtan to invoke stream of love for guru and sikhi.. Panj pyares can do parchar and provide vidhiyas to invoke stream of love toward Guru rest is up guru and Karam of an individual.. Akhan jor chaupe na jor pauri from japji comes in mind.

Guest jammyyyyddger

awwww she sounds like a keeper and decent, she sounds enlightened about sikhi :)

BTW DONT FEEL LIKE A HYPOCRIT COS MUSLIM AND GORIYAA R DIFFERENT. N SINGHS HAVE BEEF, WHITE PPL N SIKHS DONT..WELL DERS EDL BUT THEY REALLY H8 ON MUSALMAN BCOS OG TERRIOISM.

Luckysingh you bought up a good point but it appears even if one overcomes marrying out of caste, one seems to be stuck marrying within their groups, sects and so on.!!

But i am happy to say things are changing slowly..we are seeing more interracial/out of caste/out of group marriages between two sikhs who are baptized ..i can speak for my own divine friend who used to be sampardaie katha vaichak for 10 years ..he recently married white singhani recently..its funny in their case- she does not know punjabi and he knows english but still broken they are couple match made in heaven as they both have put divine guru as their central theme, divinity as witness in their marriage. They both went to see his family last year. She was more inclined to learn about our sikh culture, more interested than some of punjabi women you would find. Things are definitely in reverse in good way. As veer said above, our punjabi girls seem to be more western whereas many white/blacks other races have bought up in western culture and they discovered its shallowness in overtime they are more into eastern spiritualism-peace of mind than our whole lot...they don't waste time in talk about technicalities/other flame wars, they jump right in depth of eastern spiritualism and sikh gurbani mysticism...!!