Edl 'sikh Divison'

In response to Tandoori

Nowhere did I state Guru Tegh Bahadur died for Hindusim… I agree he died for Free Speech, Freedom of Religion, equal rights, and defending the innocent and that includes muslims freedom of religion, equal rights etc!

And yes… Thankfully I have taken the time to read the Koran (not a good read in my opinion) and have sought understanding from Muslims who actually speak Arabic and study the Koran, do you read in Arabic or you relying on translations someone made for you?… copying and pasting translations from the internet unfortunately doesn’t give one the understanding of the Koran and Hadiths in my opinion. There are many Sufi and moderate muslims who could take you translations and put them in a different context/interpretation. That is the difference between extremists and moderates! You obviously believe that all Muslims follow your extremist translation. I know they don’t!!!!

Once again although I respect your understanding and knowledge of the term “Kuttha Meat” (never heard of this one before, where the Gurus also anti-Jewish then?!?). However, I would be interested in listening/reading your logic when this argument is put forth to Taksali/AKJ etc Singhs… and others who interpret Kutha as in meat full stop and nothing to do with Islam!? Which is what I personally believe…

You might argue that there is no evidence that Guru Hargobind Singh Ji did not build a mosque but I personally take the word of Baba Kirtan Singh (Tarna Dal) who has stated that the Mosque was built by Guru Sahib. But hey… once again I respect your view if you think Baba Ji is just speculating I personally don’t think Baba ji would speculate that his Jatha have been looking after the mosque.

I would also like to point out that azans where only banned by Sikhs in some areas to prevent extremist Muslim preachers from gaining a platform to launch attacks on Sikh Empire and cause disharmony in Maharaja Ranjit Singhs reign. Its Muslim authors who propagate Sikhs to have been intolerant rulers who banned the Azan all across the Empire. I’m surprised you’re paraphrasing the rhetoric of Anti-Sikh authors. Talking of this period… I am proud that Sikhs did not stop Muslims from practicing Islam imagine the EDL in Maharaja Ranjit Singhs reign and its not as if they didn’t have to deal with Islamic extremism then… its just that they knew not to bash the whole of Islam.

I would also like to point out that the case in Leicester also had Gujarati Hindu groomers involved and it wasn’t only guys from a muslim background! I would also like to point out that all the major Imams in Leicester condemned the groomers involved and Child grooming full stop, surely if you have the read the Koran and are knowledgeable about the true nature of Islam you would know such activities are not permitted in Islam! And yet the voice of the Imams is often ignored. And let me remind people if it has been forgotten that talking of Leicester… It was in Leicester itself in Big Johns restaurant that EDL members smashed the place up whilst the place was full of women and children who in terror had to hide in the kitchens whist drunken thugs ran amok! So yes they do smash up Muslim shops and businesses… anytime they enter a Muslim dominated area that’s what they do… I can’t believe even this point is up for debate when those who have bothered to go to an area once EDL have left will see the drunken mess they have left!

Like I said previously the EDL did not come out of nowhere…. But having pure hate of Islam and all muslims in my opinion is wrong. And I think this is the difference… I do wonder whether some people are so paranoid that muslims are calling them “kaffirs” and doing “black magic” and trying to “convert” them that they are unable to engage in meaningful engagement and discussion with practicing muslims. Anyone actually spoken to an Imam!? Or is this stuff just picked up from Internet and youtube?! They aren’t out to get you!!!

I think this is just one of those things where some Sikhs think its acceptable to team up with the EDL… I say good luck to them. I personally don’t find their views/actions compatible with Sikhi! But that just might me being a “liberal westernised Sikh" I suppose...

Singh1986 said "You might argue that there is no evidence that Guru Hargobind Singh Ji did not build a mosque"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

^^^ Singh1986 Veer, 6th Guru was Guru Hargobind Ji (not GHGS).

Also Azan contains praise of Hazrat Muhammad who Muslims openly admit was slaveowner and pedophile.

Obviously no normal society will allow praise of a pedophile as a rallying cry to Muslims to kill kaffir infidels.

Real Sufi's are not considered Muslims as they do not agree with the personal lifestyle of Hazrat Muhammad.

^^^ Singh1986 Veer, 6th Guru was Guru Hargobind Ji (not GHGS).

I already pointed his mistake out to him in my post before you did but he continued to refer to Guru Hargobind Sahib as Guru Hargobind Singh! He obviously has the time to ask read the Quran, ask Muslims it's meaning but can't be bothered to refer to the Guru by his correct name!

A lot is made of the Guru Ki Maseet but no evidence is every presented that it was actually built by Guru Hargobind ( not Guru Hargobind Singh!). Even if it were does that mean that Sikhs have a duty to build Mosques considering they will be used as a base to attack them in the future?

He obviously did not have the time to read the above, probably too busy digesting the BS given to him by his Muslim mates. On the point of the Guru KI Maseet, now if the Sikhs of 18th century were aware of what the Guru had done for the Muslims, then why was the Mosque in Shahbad converted into a Gurdwara in the 1780s?

You might argue that there is no evidence that Guru Hargobind Singh Ji did not build a mosque but I personally take the word of Baba Kirtan Singh (Tarna Dal) who has stated that the Mosque was built by Guru Sahib. But hey… once again I respect your view if you think Baba Ji is just speculating I personally don’t think Baba ji would speculate that his Jatha have been looking after the mosque.

It could be to so with him wanting publicity for his group. By doing what he did he made headlines in newspapers across India. What is the maryada for removing the Guru Granth Sahib from where it has had parkash and sukhasan for the last 60 years and then turn that building over to the Muslims? Is there any precedent for that? No wonder the Muslims of Lahore have been enboldened to do mischief around the Shahidganj Gurdwara. His removal of the Guru Granth Sahib is certainly not something that the Sikhs of old would have done but then these are new age Nihangs, so PC they would make people like the UAF and western liberals cringe at the way they submit to the Muslim demands!

I would also like to point out that azans where only banned by Sikhs in some areas to prevent extremist Muslim preachers from gaining a platform to launch attacks on Sikh Empire and cause disharmony in Maharaja Ranjit Singhs reign. Its Muslim authors who propagate Sikhs to have been intolerant rulers who banned the Azan all across the Empire. I’m surprised you’re paraphrasing the rhetoric of Anti-Sikh authors. Talking of this period… I am proud that Sikhs did not stop Muslims from practicing Islam imagine the EDL in Maharaja Ranjit Singhs reign and its not as if they didn’t have to deal with Islamic extremism then… its just that they knew not to bash the whole of Islam.

That's just pure speculation on your part. The only 'extremist' Muslim preacher at that time who was against the Sikh state was Syed Ahmed who operated in the tribal areas and Peshawar region of the Sikh state. But the azan was banned across the Sikh state. So either there were 'extremist' preachers in every mosque in Punjab or you're just speculating in order to defend your false statement,

I would also like to point out that the case in Leicester also had Gujarati Hindu groomers involved and it wasn’t only guys from a muslim background!

The fact that gujju haram.zadas were involved just shows how bad the situation has got. While people like you are poring over the Quran, the groomers are so confident that they can get way with their evil acts that they involve people of other communities in their acts not fearing that they would have no loyalty to them and would have no qualms in giving them up to the police.

They aren’t out to get you!!!

Said the Turkey on seeing the farmer and his wife enter the pen on Xmas morning brandishing a knife!

Maharaaj has given the panth the gift of khande pahul di daat and the ability to stand on our own two feet.

Guru Gobind Singh Jee has made his Khalsa fight 125,000.

We don't need to rely on others for support. When the 2011 riots happened the Sikhs were out protecting places of worship where the edl were no where to be seen.

Sikhi teaches us to be 'nirvair' - without hate. This principle is against the ethos of the edl who are anti - islam in every way, shape or form.

Therefore when it comes to the edl, sikhs don't need to join the pro or anti camps.

By doing so, it shows that we are moving away from the principles of gurmat and having faith in maharaaj

i support them, there is no sikh movement or even enough unity between the youth to tackle any issues within our community properly so why not give this a try

from browsing this site and occasionly posting i can already see that most people on here live sheltered lives and have probably never had any issues with the muslim community, so you wont understand, all this awareness, internet groups and gurdwara meetings with pappus wont solve anything

That's just pure speculation on your part. The only 'extremist' Muslim preacher at that time who was against the Sikh state was Syed Ahmed who operated in the tribal areas and Peshawar region of the Sikh state. But the azan was banned across the Sikh state. So either there were 'extremist' preachers in every mosque in Punjab or you're just speculating in order to defend your false statement,

Proactive Veerji, I think this statement about banning of the Azan is a myth created by Muslims in the post anglo Sikh war period. This myth was further magnified by the Muslim league propagandists to demonize the Sikhs so as to incite the Mulsims against the Sikhs. Islam in danger was their slogan and Sikhs at the time were their favourite community to hate. Since Sikhs had all the historical reasons to want to oppose Islamic rule in the form of Pakistan, they (Muslims) had no real reason to hate Sikhs other than their made up myths like saying Sikhs banned Azan or that Sikhs mistreated Muslims the same way Muslims had mistreated Sikhs during Islamic rule.

Truth be told, Sikh rule was the most just rule ever in Indian history. Hindus and Muslims were treated fairly. The Sikh state was so just that it puts to shame the present Pakistan and India. In Sikh rule there was never any Muslim Hindu riot, never any Shia Sunni riot like there are today in the sub continent. Only Syad Ahmad Barelvi tried to cause trouble, but that episode was short lived. May Guru Jee again bless Sikh Raaj.