Suicide

Guest Sarbat_da_bhalla

Guest Sarbat_da_bhalla

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

A few days back my uncle committed suicide and it has left all family in shock. He was a good man not a drinker no money problems no gambling etc. this is very shocking and surprising for us and many people are saying he was selfish because he also had two children and a wife.

I am looking for answers for opinion on suicide in sikhi as I know in Christian they say he will go to hell narak forever and in Muslim they do not even say prayer at funeral and say that he will also go to hell. In Hindusm they say suiciders become a ghost. What is view in Sikhi please tell me I am very concerned why Waheguru would let something like this happen and what happens after.

Well said Dalbirji !

One must learn from every occurrence in life and continue across the world ocean. Some people get taken out of the ocean according to his will and some make their own decision to leave..and so continues the cycle of rebirth and going through the joons again until one becomes mukht and merged with the Ek onkaar/Akaal purakh.

There is no concept of heaven and hell in sikhi... Soul either merges back with Waheguru or go back into 84 lakh joons...

Most likely your uncle will be reincarnated...

Suicide in Sikhi is looked down as Waheguru have us this precious human life to connect to him and committing suicide is like missing big on this golden opportunity... He will have to go through these joons before getting a human birth

Guest j singh

In sikhi you must heatd Shlok karmi apo apne ke nearda ke dhoor jini naam dhia gaye muskat kaal nank te mukh ujale kiti choti naal

But in my opnion you uncle is didn't read or having brlive in gurbani because singh are always in chardi kala if any one live a life according to rehat maryada will always in chardi kala

A person who commits sucide will born again and has to face the same circumstances which led to his sucide. Soul plans these conditions ahead of time in path of its growth.

Those who commit suicide, do they really make their own decision to leave? Or, like everything else, is the act of committing suicide also part of God's will? I've never really understood this.

That's a very good point !

I have often thought about that because I have heard some well learned Sikhs claim that it is all his hukam and therefore the suicide was written or pre-destined.....etc.

My conclusion is a little different because if we think as per gurbani...

-ALL our breaths are written to the exact last breath according to his hukam.

This means that even if we live our lives recklessly, say by taking huge risks such as drugs, dangerous driving, obese diets..etc.. then even though we are contributing to an early death with our actions, we still do not plan and know the EXACT moment of our last breaths.- Therefore, in all aspects it is fair to say that GOD"S will or hukam will still dictate our demise.

HOWEVER, when it comes to suicide it is a little different because-

We are using our god given abilities or our self powers in the wrong way to directly override his hukam such that we plan to pull the rope or swallow the bullet so that there will be no more breaths in X-amount of minutes lets say.(suicide is an irreversible act committed for that precise moment)

We are all familiar of how the stories go about the devil or satan, where he used God's powers to do the things against God's hukam- this is quite important because it can make you understand that satan is in fact just a mistranslated metaphor for the SAME quality that can exist within us all.

The Abrahamic religions make it clear that satan or his actions will not get him anywhere near God and in the same way you can see suicide as a satanic action in the sense that the power of God is abused to DIRECTLY go against his hukam.

I hope that helps a little to get your head around this complex issue, if not just ask what part you don't follow :biggrin2: