Urgent: Going On Holiday To Canada, Toronto

MrPindoo21

What's up with British Sikhs and their whining about Canada on this forum? BTW: isn't there a stat how 10% of Sikh community in Canada are Amritdhari? I believe that's very high percentage compare to other western nations including England.

Punjabi is one of the fastest growing language in Canada. So where's this nonsense of Canadian not speaking Punjabi come from? In fact, we got Punjabi language broadcasting for ice hockey games now. Just read this: http://www.nytimes.com/2013/04/28/sports/hockey/chak-de-goal-a-punjabi-show-draws-new-hockey-fans.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

I dont know about the statistics you give, what i remember whilst there was a high number of apne killing their wives !!, if Canada is so wonderful then why are these apne killing their wives, because they live fake lives and it is all a big show, it glitters but is not gold, i lived there, and remember at least two apnia poor women killed in six months, oh how wonderful canada is, well as far as i am concerned you can shove canada where the sun dont shine !! Brits are not whining about canada its just that some of us see through all the bs . :biggrin2:

Three examples given below and you will find many more if you care to look.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/british-columbia/appeal-dismissed-for-man-convicted-of-killing-pregnant-wife/article4616331/

http://www.voiceonline.com/surrey-man-manmeet-singh-pleads-guilty-to-killing-wife-ravinder-bhangu

http://www.ndtv.com/article/world/sikh-woman-in-canada-murdered-by-husband-81516

And then we have the Dastar ban in Quebec , oh and do we have one anywhere in the uk? No

http://www.sikh24.com/2013/06/canadian-ministers-denounce-quebec-turban-ban/#.UfkaftK1HTo

It's everywhere......recently there was one in England where Mother in law, and the family killed the elder daughter in law by taking her to India and was planning to do the same with the younger one, but survived and had them caught.

I am sure there will be more hidden. It happens everywhere. I say this because it is fact, not making it up and just to target one country is senseless. You are focusing on bad things and totally ignoring the good ones.

And Canada is not asking or inviting our punjabi Indian men to kill their wives (and neither I encourage them nor say they are right, they should be punshied harshly). It's their own mentality. Winter and summer are the part of nature, people don't make them. You encountered wrong people, doesn't mean everyone is like that.

Anyways, you guys seem to be rude and full of hatred, so really a waste of time.

yes one after so many years and when was the last one before that, the problem with you is that's all you says "its not like that or its everywhere". Canada is full of these murders and you being a woman and saying it happens everywhere is unbelievable !!! , i have given three links in my previous post and if you care to google sikh women killing in canada you will find many more examples and then do the same with the uk, you seem to have your head in the clouds,but do not try to tell others who have lived there that how wonderful it is.

As for hatred, if speaking the truth is hatred in your eyes so be it, it was people like you who called mahapursh extremists, but hey if we speak the truth then call us what you like !! personally i think you are a bit rude too as you keep trying to make others views seem worthless or is that your ego.

No problem if you think i am rude or a waste of time, Nindo Nindo moh ko log nindo

Canada may not be inviting people to kill their wives, but their is obviously something wrong in that society which is causing people/ punjabis to do this or can you not figure that out yourself. as for everyone being like that no one said they were, but you seem to only see the glitter and not necessarily the real truth behind the decaying roots of punjabi society in canada.

A brother in the uk told me his own brother who lives in canada said before you come over book a hotel !!

But your right this is a waste of time as no one wants to hear the truth, so i will leave you to it :biggrin2:

yes one after so many years and when was the last one before that, the problem with you is that's all you says "its not like that or its everywhere". Canada is full of these murders and you being a woman and saying it happens everywhere is unbelievable !!! , i have given three links in my previous post and if you care to google sikh women killing in canada you will find many more examples and then do the same with the uk, you seem to have your head in the clouds and canadian fever, well go there but do not try to tell others who have lived there that how wonderful it is and stop knocking the uk the same country that feeds you!!

As for hatred, if speaking the truth is hatred in your eyes so be it, it was people like you who called mahapursh extremists, but hey if we speak the truth then call us what you like !! personally i think you are a bit rude too as you keep trying to make others views seem worthless or is that your ego.

No problem if you think i am rude or a waste of time, Nindo Nindo moh ko log nindo

Canada may not be inviting people to kill their wives, but their is obviously something wrong in that society which is causing people/ punjabis to do this or can you not figure that out yourself. as for everyone being like that no one said they were, but you seem to only see the glitter and not necessarily the real truth behind the decaying roots of punjabi society in canada.

A brother in the uk told me his own brother who lives in canada said before you come over book a hotel !!

But your right this is a waste of time as no one wants to hear the truth, so i will leave you to it :biggrin2:

How are you stating the truth without facts with your claim? You originally said "apne" don't speak Punjabi which isn't true. You also originally said Sikhi isn't strong in Canada without providing any facts.

Now you're making claims how "apne" are killing their wives which in reality isn't that true. Yes, there have been cases, but those are very small minority of pindoos in our community who do that.

Speaking of the truth: how many stories do you hear about Sikh girls being raped in Canada by Muslim gangs? Not many! You know why? Because unlike you Sikhs in UK, we got pride and beat down anyone who dare to mess with us. It doesn't matter if you're mona, keshdhari or Amritdhari; we got each other's back and consider each other as Sikhs unlike UK where there's extremist going on in Sikh community which is pushing "apne" away from Sikhi.

How's that for truth?

sat ji,

lol canadian fever thats funny, seems tuhintuhin definately has that and note she says nothing good/positive about the uk where she actually lives, its a shame we have such people in our great country.

Mal ji....topic is about toronto, and FYI, I live in Canada not UK and didn't say anything bad about UK like others did about Canada. Hope you get it. And yes, I do realize now that I wasted my time on people who judge others based on assumptions.

Speaking of the truth: how many stories do you hear about Sikh girls being raped in Canada by Muslim gangs?

Care to tell us about a case where a sikh girl has been raped in the UK by Muslim gangs ? You make it sound like you have a thousand examples at hand. Care to share just the one because I've been in existence in the Uk for 29 years now and I can't think of one single example of such a 'rape'. Or perhaps your definition of rape is slightly different to the standard dictionary definition ?

Because unlike you Sikhs in UK, we got pride and beat down anyone who dare to mess with us. It doesn't matter if you're mona, keshdhari or Amritdhari; we got each other's back and consider each other as Sikhs

Hang on a minute...are you not the country that is famous for the brutal way that Sikhs have been shooting other Sikhs ? Sikhs executing other sikhs ?

The media....the police reports....the statistics etc suggest you Canadian Sikhs kill each other at a rate which is 5000% higher than any other Sikh diaspora. So when you talk about "having each others backs" is it some kind of sick joke about having bullets in each other's backs ?

unlike UK where there's extremist going on in Sikh community which is pushing "apne" away from Sikhi.

Care to elaborate on that ?